Night Monster is a 1942 film about a rich recluse who invites the doctors who left him a hopeless cripple to his desolate mansion in the swamps as one by one they meet horrible deaths.
What kind of a thing is it? (taglines)
- Directed by Ford Beebe. Written by Clarence Upson Young.
- A little knowledge of the occult is dangerous. Unless it's used for good, disaster will follow its wake. That is Cosmic Law!
Dr. Lynne Harper
- My study of the mind has convinced me how little we know of its powers.
- When a person questions her own sanity, it's a good sign she's not far from normal.
- How many of us are sane? You wouldn't know, but I shall soon.
- Blood... the whole house reeks of it. The air is charged with death and hatred and something that's unclean!
Constable Cap Beggs
- Dick Baldwin: [discussing the murders] It all seemed to start with that skeleton of Agor Singh's.
- Const. Cap Beggs: You know, that's good enough for me. I'm gonna arrest that Hindu if I never see the back of my neck.
- Dick Baldwin: How is that the blood didn't dematerialize with the rest?
- Agor Singh: There are certain details in the process that we are not allowed to explain to the uninitiated.
- Milly Carson: [reacting to Laurie's stopping the car by the side of a deserted road] What's this for - as if I didn't know?
- Laurie: How is it dames always know what's on a guy's mind before he knows himself?
- Sarah Judd: [trapped in burning room] Unlock that door you fool! Do you want to die?
- Margaret Ingston: Yes! You and Kurt don't deserve to live, and I don't want to!
- NIGHT MONSTER with Mystery's Greatest Thrill Team: Bela Lugosi, Lionel Atwill.
- What kind of a thing is it?