Night at the Museum
Night at the Museum is a 2006 film about a divorced father who gets a job as a night watchman at the Museum of Natural History. He thinks that it will be a boring, thankless job... until his first night!
- Directed by Shawn Levy. Written by Robert Ben Garant (screen story), Thomas Lennon (screenplay) and Milan Trenc (book).
Easter Island Head
- Oh, you in trouble, Dum-Dum. You'd better run-run from Attila the Hun-Hun!
- Me no dum-dum, you dum-dum! You bring me gum-gum?
- QUIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! My dum-dum want to speak.
Dum-Dum give me gum gum You new dum dum you give me gum gum
- I told you, I don't like to be manhandled!
- Fire up the iron horse, boys!
- We may be small, but our hearts are large... metaphorically speaking.
- Ah! Where is he?! I'll beat him with my fists! [Sees Larry] He looks like a weirdie!
- Sweet dreams, cupcake! Pile-driver!
- Good lord, Lawrence, why are you slapping a monkey?
- Actually, I never did any of those things. Teddy Roosevelt did. I was manufactured in a mannequin factory in Poughkeepsie. I never shot a wild beast. I'm not even brave enough to tell that beautiful woman [Sacagawea] I love her. But you... you got to finish the job this time. You can't quit. I'm made of wax, Larry. What are you made of?
- Larry Daley: Ah — Teddy Roosevelt.
- Rebecca: Yes. A great visionary.
- Larry: Yes, definitely. He was our 4th president, right?
- Rebecca: 26th.
- Larry: 26th.
- [Larry jumps out from behind a wall and screams, scaring the other guards.]
- Cecil: We're too old for surprises.
- Larry: Really? I thought you liked surprises! Especially the fact that everything in the museum comes to life at night! That little sweetheart.
- Teddy Roosevelt: Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of these United States of America, at your service.
- Larry: Okay. I'm Larry Daley, the new night guard...
- Roosevelt: Pleasure to meet you, Lawrence! Now, if you excuse me [cocks shotgun], the hunt is afoot.
- Larry: [mutters] Hunt's afoot.
- Larry: Okay, Dexter. No hard feelings, okay?
- [Dexter, a monkey, slaps Larry. Larry raises his hand to slap Dexter.]
- Teddy: [threateningly] Lawrence...
- Larry: But... you saw!
- Teddy: Who is evolved?
- Larry: [muttering] I am...
- Teddy: Who is evolved?
- Larry: I am!
- This Christmas, it won't be a silent night.
- When the lights go off, it's on!
- Where history comes to life.
- At the museum of natural history, something unnatural is happening.
- See the side of the museum you won't see on the tour.
- Ben Stiller — Larry Daley
- Dick Van Dyke — Cecil
- Mickey Rooney — Gus
- Bill Cobbs — Reginald
- Jake Cherry — Nick Daley
- Robin Williams — Teddy Roosevelt
- Mizuo Peck — Sacagawea
- Steve Coogan — Octavius
- Owen Wilson — Jedediah
- Ricky Gervais — Dr. McPhee
- Carla Gugino — Rebecca
- Rami Malek — Akhmenrah
- Patrick Gallagher — Attila the Hun (best character of all time)
- Pierfrancesco Favino — Christopher Columbus
- Brad Garrett — Easter Island Head (voice)
- Kim Raver — Erica Daley
- Paul Rudd — Don
- Charlie Murphy — Taxi Driver
- The official Night At The Museum site