Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nightcrawler is a 2014 film about a driven man desperate for work who muscles into the world of L.A. crime journalism, where he blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story.
- Directed and written by Dan Gilroy.
The City Shines Brightest at Night
- What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them? What if I was the kind of person who was obliged to hurt you for this? I mean physically. I think you'd have to believe afterward, if you could, that agreeing to participate and then backing out at the critical moment was a mistake. Because that's what I'm telling you, as clearly as I can.
- If you want to win the lottery, you have to work to make the money to buy a ticket.
- Why you pursue something is as important as what you pursue.
- Do you know what fear stands for? False Evidence Appearing Real.
- The name of my company is Video Production News, a professional news-gathering service. That's how it should be read and that's how it should be said. I also want to go to the next rung and meet your team, and the station manager, and the director, and the anchors, and start developing my own personal relationships. I'd like to start meeting them this morning. You'll take me around and you'll introduce me as the owner and president of Video Production News, and remind them of some of many other stories. I'm not done. I also want to stop our discussion over prices. This will save time. So when I say that a particular number is my lowest price, that's my lowest price and you can be assured that I arrived at whatever that number is very carefully. Now, when I say I want these things, I mean that I want them and I don't want to have to ask again.
- I feel like grabbing you by your ears right now and screaming, "I'm not fucking interested!". Instead, I'm going to drive home and do some accounting.
- ...think of our newscast as a screaming woman running down the street with her throat cut.
- Lou Bloom: You don't work with me, you're someone I sell to.
- Nina Romina: And I don't wanna fuck that up.
- Lou Bloom: What if by saying no you fuck it up?
- Nina Romina: Friends don't pressure friends to fucking sleep with them.
- Lou Bloom: Actually that's not true, because as you know Nina, a friend is a gift you give yourself.
- Nina Romina: In the future if you don't have anything, man up and stop dodging my calls.
- Lou Bloom: I have something, triple murder in Granada Hills.
- Nina Romina: That's just breaking now.
- Lou Bloom: I got there before the cops.
- Detective Lieberman: Can we come in?
- Lou Bloom: Do you want to?
- Rick: Hey man, don't film that! He's one of us!
- Lou Bloom: Not anymore, Rick. We're professionals - he's a sale
- Rick Garcia: You gotta call the cops.
- Lou Bloom: And we will. At the right time.
- Rick Garcia: You saw him. You saw him.
- Lou Bloom: I can't jeopardize my businesses success for an untrustworthy employee
- Rick Garcia: You're crazy. You're crazy.
- Lou Bloom: You abused my bargaining power; you would've done it again.
- Rick Garcia: I don't know. I don't know.
- Lou Bloom: I know, I know.
- Detective Fronteiri: You filmed him dying.
- Lou Bloom: That's my job. That's what I do. I like to say if you're seeing me you're having the worst day of your life.
- Jake Gyllenhaal - Louis Bloom
- Rene Russo - Nina Romina
- Riz Ahmed - Rick
- Bill Paxton - Joe Loder
- Ann Cusack - Linda
- Kevin Rahm - Frank Kruse
- Kathleen York - Jackie
- Eric Lange - Cameraman
- Jonny Coyne - Pawn Shop Owner
- Michael Hyatt - Detective Fronteiri
- Michael Papajohn - Security Guard