Nouman Ali Khan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nouman Ali Khan is an American Muslim speaker and Arabic instructor who founded The Bayyinah Institute for Arabic and Qur’anic Studies, after serving as a professor of Arabic at Nassau Community College.
- I don't give lectures, I just talk
- If someone corrects you, and you feel offended, then you have an ego problem.
- If doctors are paid the same salary as bus drivers, community would not be crazy about making their children doctors.
- When you help people, don't wait around to hear them say, "Thank you." A lot of times we do good things, but in the back of our mind we're hoping to get some appreciation. But if you make your intentions pure, and you expect only from Allah, He will take more care of you than you could ever imagine.
- Why does Allah compare the Quran to water? Besides the fact that the Quran came down from the sky, it also brings dead hearts back to life, like water brings life to the dead earth. Similarly as to how water is completely pure, the Quran is pure and purifies everything else. We are completely incapable of creating water ourselves yet benefit from what it produces in the earth, the same way the Quran is not and cannot be the work of a human being but we can extract benefit from the guidance it offers.
- Some of the toughest ayah in the Quran have Allah's name "ar-Rahman" in them to make it clear that just because Allah is the Most Merciful, it doesn't mean He's not going to carry out justice.
- I have some advice for the young generation who are wanting to become successful in life: become more grateful. Once you do that, Allah says, "If you are grateful, I will surely increase you (in everything)." If you're having a hard time in math, science, language and whatever else, become grateful to Allah and He will open doors for you. You'll even get better at basketball and become more athletic.
- When you pay attention to the Quran, you discover that it can only be from Allah. It becomes clearer and clearer to you that it cannot be from a human being. But many people don't perceive the Quran this way because Allah doesn't open its doors to people who do not pay attention.