Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nupur Sharma (born 23 April 1985) is an Indian politician and lawyer. She was the national spokesperson of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) until June 2022. Described as brash and articulate, she frequently represented BJP on Indian television debates as an official spokesperson. In June 2022, she was suspended from the party due to controversial comments about the Islamic prophet Muhammad and the age of his third wife, Aisha, at the time of their marriage and the consummation of the marriage.
- Should I start mocking claims of flying horses or the flat-earth theory as mentioned in your Quran? You are marrying a six year-old girl and having sex with her when she turned nine. Who did it? Prophet Muhammad. Should I start saying all these things that are mentioned in your scriptures?
- as attributed quoted at in 2022
- My own personal experience with @Wikipedia? During Delhi Elections 2020 a well-meaning contributor warned me multiple times that my page was under severe attack to be taken down by an opposite ideology camp. And it did happen.
- at twitter, quoted in The Print, ‘Biased, anti-Hindu’ — campaign begins against Wikipedia after it urges Indians to donate 2 August, 2020
Quotes about Sharma
- “Appeasement never works. It’ll only make things worse. So, my dear friends from India, don’t be intimidated by islamic countries. Stand up for freedom and be proud and steadfast in defending your politician Nupur Sharma, who spoke the truth about Muhammad,” he said in another tweet. ... “It is ridiculous that Arab and Islamic countries are angered by Indian politician Nupur Sharma for speaking the truth about Prophet Muhammad who indeed married Aisha when she was six years old and consumed the marriage when she was nine. Why does India apologize?” he wrote on Twitter.
- Geert Wilders, on Twitter, quoted at 
- The Islamic State claimed responsibility for an attack on a Sikh temple in Afghanistan that killed one community member and a Taliban fighter, saying it was retaliation for insults against the Prophet Mohammed...
Protests in several Muslim countries were sparked by a spokeswoman for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Hindu-nationalist party comments earlier this month about the relationship between the prophet and his youngest wife. ..
IS said one of its fighters “penetrated a temple for Hindu and Sikh polytheists in Kabul, after killing its guard, and opened fire on the pagans inside with his machine gun and hand grenades”.
- About a terror attack in Afghanistan in retaliation of the comments of Nupur Sharma.