Jump to navigation Jump to search
Octopussy is a 1983 film in which a fake Fabergé egg and a fellow agent's death leads James Bond to uncovering an international jewel smuggling operation, headed by the mysterious Octopussy, being used to disguise a nuclear attack on NATO forces.
- Directed by John Glen. Written by George MacDonald Fraser, Michael G. Wilson, and Richard Maibaum, based on a short story by Ian Fleming.
Nobody does it better...thirteen times. (taglines)
- Mr. Bond is indeed of a very rare breed... soon to be made extinct.
- Englishman. Likes eggs, preferably Faberge, and dice, preferably loaded.
- [Bond and Vijay's car is being chased by Gobinda and his henchmen.]
- Bond: Vijay, we've got company!
- Vijay: No problem, this is a company car!
- Bond: [hands Q his coat] Do you think you can help me? Someone seems to have stuck a knife in my wallet.
- Q: Oh, and missed you? What a pity!
- [Bond and Q float in a hot air balloon]
- Bond: I trust you can handle this contraption, Q?
- Q: It goes by hot air.
- Bond: Oh, then you can.
- Vijay: Is he still there?
- Q: You must be joking! Double-0 seven on an island populated exclusively by women? We won't see him till dawn!
- Orlov: [enters the trailer, sees Bond in Mischka's clothes from behind] Leave that! Let's go.
- Bond: [turns around, facing Orlov with pointed gun] Let's stay. Sit on that box. Hands on your knees. Come on, move! Now why is that bomb on the train?
- Orlov: Who are you?
- Bond: I'm British Secret Service.
- Orlov: You should be more concerned about getting out of here alive.
- Bond: I am more concerned about an atomic bomb exploding on a US Air Force base. You can't be inviting a nuclear war. What happens when the US retaliates?
- Orlov: [grins] Against whom?
- Bond: [frowning, realizing Orlov's scheme] My God. Of course. Our early-warning system will rule out the bomb having come from Russia or anywhere else. Everyone will assume incorrectly that it was a US bomb triggered accidentally.
- Orlov: That would be the most plausible explanation.
- Bond: Europe will insist on disarmament, leaving every border undefended for you to walk across at will. And I suppose it doesn't matter a damn to you that thousands of innocent people will die in this little "accident" of yours?
- Orlov: Better than letting a handful of old men in Moscow bargain away our advantage in disarmament talks!
- Bond: On your feet, General. You're going to stop that train.
- Orlov: [they hear hoot as the train starts to move off] Too late.
- Bond: [looking at the tattoo on Magda's back] What is that?
- Magda: That's my little octopussy.
- Bond: So does he have a proposition for me or do you?
- Magda: He suggest a trade. The egg... for your life.
- Bond: Well, I heard the price of eggs was going up, but isn't that a little high?
- Khan: [preparing to leave the circus, where a bomb is placed] General, excuse me. I have some traveling arrangements to make. Enjoy the show.
- US general: Thank you.
- US aide: I'm sure the general will get a big blast out of this.
- Khan: I know he won't be disappointed.
- Khan: You seem to have a nasty habit of surviving.
- Bond: Well, you know what they say about the fittest.
- Nobody does it better...thirteen times.
- James Bond's all time action high.
- Nobody does him better.
- Roger Moore - James Bond
- Maud Adams - Octopussy
- Louis Jourdan - Kamal Khan
- Kristina Wayborn - Magda
- Kabir Bedi - Gobinda
- Steven Berkoff - General Orlov
- Desmond Llewelyn - Q
- Robert Brown - M
- Lois Maxwell - Miss Moneypenny
- Michaela Clavell - Penelope Smallbone
- Walter Gotell - General Anatol Gogol