Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Most of the citizens of this country certainly wished that the next health minister would be a specialist, really good at what he does, and that his name would be Karl Lauterbach — and it will be.
- Olaf Scholz cited in: "Epidemiologist Karl Lauterbach to be German health minister" in Politico, 6 December 2021.
- We are putting all our weapons on the table to show that we (Germany) are strong enough to overcome any economic challenge that this (COVID-19) problem might pose.
- Olaf Scholz cited in: "Olaf Scholz: Who is Germany's new chancellor?" in BBC News, 8 December 2021.
- It is only a matter of weeks before Omicron is dominant here (in Germany).
- Olaf Scholz cited in: "Germany agrees new contact limits to curb COVID-19" in The Star, 22 December 2021.
- It was Putin who chose this war (2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine), not the Russian people, so we must see clearly that this is Putin's war.
- Olaf Scholz cited in: "Germany's reversal on Ukraine weapons policy 'response to Putin's aggression'" in DW, 27 February 2022.
- The Russian invasion of Ukraine marks a turning point. It is our duty to do our best to support Ukraine in defending itself against Putin's invading army.
- Olaf Scholz cited in: "Germany to supply Ukraine with anti-tank weapons, missiles - Scholz" in Reuters, 27 February 2022.
- We will have to invest more in the security of our country to protect out freedom and democracy.
- Olaf Scholz cited in: "Germany to hike defense spending, Scholz says in further policy shift" in The Star, 27 February 2022.
- It's cynical to tell Ukrainians they should defend themselves against Putin's aggression without weapons.
- Olaf Scholz cited in: "Germany's Scholz wobbles on tanks for Ukraine" in BBC News, 28 May 2022.
- It is very important to send a new signal of confidence and hope that this (Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo) accession (into the European Union) process is wanted by the EU (European Union) with great seriousness, and that it also has a realistic chance if everyone makes an effort.
- Olaf Scholz cited in: "Scholz backs giving chance to Western Balkans on EU membership" in Aljazeera, 10 June 2022.
- I am not going to join the queue of people who do a quick in-and-out (of Ukraine) for a photo opportunity. If I go (to Ukraine), it will be about concrete things.
- Olaf Scholz cited in: "Opinion: Olaf Scholz in Kyiv — winning back a bit of trust" in DW, 17 June 2022.