Oleg Yuryevich Tinkov (Russian: Олег Юрьевич Тиньков; born 25 December 1967) is a Russian-born Cypriot entrepreneur and businessman.
Tinkov is the founder of a network of shops of household appliances Technoshock, frozen food factories Daria, brewing companies and network of Tinkoff restaurants. Bloomberg Billionaires Index estimated his net worth at $8.2 billion in November 2021; Forbes estimated his net worth at $0.8 billion four months later. After he publicly criticized the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine in April 2022, he said officials of the Putin administration threatened to nationalize Tinkoff Bank, and he went into hiding after selling his 35% stake under pressure. In October 2022, he renounced his Russian citizenship, citing the Ukrainian war and the "Putin fascism" as the reason.
- I don’t see ANY beneficiary of this crazy war! Innocent people and soldiers are dying.
- The generals, waking up with a hangover, realised that they had a sh***y army. How can the army be good, if everything else in the country is sh** and mired in nepotism and servility?
- "Russian businessman speaks out against 'crazy' invasion", Sky News, 19 April 2020
- I can't and won't be associated with a fascist country that started a war with their peaceful neighbour.
- I hope more prominent Russian businessmen will follow me, so it weakens Putin's regime and his economy, and put him eventually to defeat.
- I hate Putin's Russia, but love all Russians who are clearly against this crazy war!
- "Banker Oleg Tinkov renounces Russian citizenship over Ukraine", BBC, 1 November 2022