Omen III: The Final Conflict
Omen III: The Final Conflict (sometimes known as simply The Final Conflict) is a 1981 British/American horror film directed by Graham Baker and the third installment in The Omen series. Starring Sam Neill, Lisa Harrow and Rossano Brazzi, the film tells the progression of the now adult Damien Thorn to position of earthly power, set against the countdown to the Second Coming and attempts of a group of priests to kill the Antichrist. The film was released in theatres on March 20, 1981.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Nazarene, charlatan, what can you offer humanity? Since the hour you vomited forth from the gaping wound of a woman, you have done nothing but drown man's soaring desires in a deluge of sanctimonious morality. You've inflamed the pubertal mind of youth with your repellent dogma of original sin. And now you absolve in denying them the ultimate joy beyond death by destroying me? But you will fail, Nazarene, as you have always failed. We were both created in man's image, but while you were born of an impotent god, I was conceived of a jackal. Born of Satan, the desolate one. Your pain on the cross was but a splinter compared to the agony of my father. Cast out of heaven, the fallen angel, banished, reviled. I will drive deeper the thorns into your rancid carcass, you profaner of Isis. Cursed Nazarene. Satan, I will avenge thy torment, by destroying the Christ forever.
- Disciples of the Watch- I stand before you; in the name of the one True God, who was cast out from heaven, but is alive in me. Do you hear me? [Crowd answers: "We hear and obey."] I command you now to seek out and destroy the Nazarene child. Slay the Nazarene and I reign forever. Fail, and I perish. Slay the Nazarene and you, my disciples, shall truly inherit this earth! Fail and you will be condemned to a numbing eternity in the flaccid bosom of Christ. Do you hear me? Disciples of the Watch: there must be no delay. Slay the Nazarene and victory shall be ours, now and forevermore. Do you hear me?
- Most people confuse evil with their own trivial lusts and perversions. Now, true evil is as pure as innocence.
- [Last words] Nazarene, you have won... nothing. [Collapses and dies]
- Damien Thorn: Can we get a film unit to Botswana?
- Harvey Dean: Sure, but no relief unit till after the coup. No one's sure how long that's gonna take.
- Damien Thorn: All right. It'll have to be the Aswan Dam. Have a film unit there when it goes. Make sure they give our relief units coverage. Don't let the Red Cross beat them to it.
- Harvey Dean: Why don't you go? Now that would be a real coup. Damien Thorn supervising relief work in person!
- Damien Thorn: No, I've got to stay here.
- Harvey Dean: What for?
- Damien Thorn: To be on hand when the President calls me. He's gonna offer me the post of ambassador to Great Britain.
- Harvey Dean: I beg your pardon?
- Damien Thorn: Are you familiar with the Book of Hebron?
- Harvey Dean: No, I don't know anything about the Book of Hebron.
- Damien Thorn: It's in the Apocrypha - one of the more obscure backwaters of the Septuagint Bible. "And it shall come to pass that in the end days the beast shall reign one hundred score and thirty days and nights." "And the faithful shall cry unto the Lord: Wherefore art thou in the day of evil?" "And the Lord shall hear their prayers." "And out of the angel isle he shall bring forth a deliverer, a holy lamb of God who shall do battle with the beast... and shall destroy him." "The beast shall reign one hundred score and thirty days and nights" is another way of saying seven years. That's the time I've been head of Thorn. "And out of the angel isle he shall bring forth a deliverer." The "angel isle" - the original Latin has "exinsula angelorum". England.
- Harvey Dean: The Second Coming.
- Damien Thorn: Only it won't be the beast that is destroyed. It'll be the Nazarene.
- Harvey Dean: You said you were gonna be offered the post of ambassador to Great Britain. What about our present ambassador?
- Kate Reynolds: And who is this... Antichrist?
- DeCarlo: The American Ambassador, Damien Thorn.
- Kate Reynolds: [laughs] That's ridiculous. I know Damien Thorn.
- DeCarlo: You know Thorn the man... but do you know his soul?
- Harvey Dean: Damien. I thought you were up at the house. You know, the press are going crazy for a statement on Schroeder. I guess I can hold 'em off until you talk to Buher, but-
- Damien Thorn: What was DeCarlo doing at your house yesterday?
- Harvey Dean: Who?
- Damien Thorn: Come on, Harvey, just give me the truth.
- Harvey Dean: I'm telling the truth. I've never heard of DeCarlo before in my life!
- Damien Thorn: Peter. [Peter gets up from an armchair and stands behind Damien] Go ahead, Peter.
- Peter Reynolds: [Reading from his notebook] "At half past three yesterday afternoon, I saw the priest called DeCarlo go to 144 Abbey Crescent, where he spent an hour and 22 minutes talking to the wife of Mr. Dean."
- Harvey Dean: [Nervously] Damien... look, I-I didn't know he was a priest. I didn't know Barbara was-
- Damien Thorn: Kill your son.
- Harvey Dean: What?
- Damien Thorn: There's only one boy left, and that's your son. Destroy him or be destroyed.
- Harvey Dean: Damien, for the love of GOD!
- Damien Thorn: "And God said unto Abraham, take now thy son, thine only Isaac, whom thou lovest, and offer him for a burned offering." Now, if Abraham was willing to slay his own son for the love of his God, why won't you do the same for mine?
- Harvey Dean: You're all crazy!
- [Dean stumbles out and flees the American embassy.]
- Peter Reynolds: Aren't you gonna stop him?
- Damien Thorn: There's no need.