Once Upon a Time (TV series)
Once Upon a Time (2011–18) is an American television show, airing on ABC, about a bail bonds agent who discovers that a town in New England is a remnant of a parallel universe where every classic fairy tale character existed until the Evil Queen cast a curse that stripped them of their memories and their happy endings.
- Snow: You. You found me.
- Charming: Did you ever doubt I would?
- Snow: Truthfully, the glass coffin gave me pause.
- Charming: Well, you never have to worry. I will always find you.
- Evil Queen: My gift to you is this happy, happy day. For tomorrow, my real work begins. You've made your vows. Now I make mine. Soon everything you love, everything all of you love, will be taken from you. Forever. And out of your suffering will rise my victory. I shall destroy your happiness... if it is the last thing I do.
- Old Woman: That a good book?
- Henry: This? It's more than just a book.
- Snow: What do you know?
- Rumplestiltskin: The Queen has created a powerful curse... and it's coming. Soon you'll all be in a prison, just like me, only worse. For your prison, all of our prisons, will be time. For time will stop and we will be trapped someplace horrible where everything we hold dear, everything we love, will be ripped from us while we suffer for all eternity, while the Queen celebrates victorious at last... No more happy endings.
- Grumpy: A tree? Our fate rests on a tree? Let's get back to the fighting thing.
- Mary Margaret: As we build our birdhouses, remember what you're making is a home, not a cage. The bird is free and will do what it will. This is for them, not us. They're loyal creatures. If you love them and they love you, they will always find you.
- Emma: How is a book supposed to help?
- Mary Margaret: What do you think stories are for? These stories? The classics? There's a reason we all know them. They're a way for us to deal with our world. A world that doesn't always make sense.
- Mary Margaret: Look, I gave the book to him because I wanted Henry to have the most important thing anyone can have. Hope. Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing.
- Henry: You don't have to be hostile. I know you like me, I can tell. You're just... pushing me away because I make you feel guilty. It's okay. I know why you gave me away. You wanted to give me my best chance.
- Emma: How do you know that?
- Henry: The same reason Snow White gave you away.
- Emma: Listen to me, kid. I am not in any book. I'm a real person. And I'm no savior. You were right about one thing, though... I wanted you to have your best chance. But it's not with me.
The Thing You Love Most [1.02]
- Henry: I knew you'd believe me!
- Emma: I never said I did.
- Henry: Why else would you be here?
- Emma: Just tell me something. This fairy-tale obsession. What's causing it? I mean, he thinks everyone is a character in his book. That's crazy.
- Archie: I hope you don't talk that way in front of him. The word crazy is quite damaging and these stories… they're his language. He has no way to express complex emotions, so he's translating as best he can. This is how he communicates. And he's using this book to help deal with his problems.
- Evil Queen: What must I do to enact this curse?
- Rumplestiltskin: You need to sacrifice a heart.
- Evil Queen: I sacrificed my prize steed.
- Rumplestiltskin: A horse? This is the curse to end all curses. You think a horse is going to do? Great power requires great sacrifice. The heart you need must come from something far more precious.
- Evil Queen: Tell me what will suffice.
- Rumplestiltskin: The heart of the thing you love most.
- Evil Queen: I just want to be happy.
- Prince Henry: You can be. Of this I'm sure. I believe, given the chance, we can find happiness. Together. But the choice is yours.
Snow Falls [1.03]
- Charming: You can't hide from me! Wherever you are, I will find you!
- Snow: Aren't you a real Prince Charming?
- Charming: I have a name, you know.
- Snow: Don't care. Charming suits you. Now cut me down, Charming.
- Charming: You've got a lot of anger there, don't you, Snow?
- Snow: The charges on her posters are lies. That didn't stop her huntsman from trying to rip out my heart.
- Charming: What happened?
- Snow: Well, not everyone is a soulless royal. He took pity on me and let me go. I've been hiding in the forest ever since, trying to amass a fortune to leave this place, escape to another realm. Somewhere isolated where I can never be hurt.
- Charming: Sounds lonely.
- Snow: No lonelier than an arranged marriage.
- Charming: So what did you do to incur that much wrath?
- Snow: She blames me for ruining her life.
- Charming: Did you?
- Snow: Yes.
- Henry: You're the one that woke him up. You're the last one he saw. He wants to find you.
- Mary Margaret: Henry, it's not about me. I just think he's lost and confused. He's been in a coma a long time.
- Henry: But he loves you! You need to stop chasing him and let him find you.
- Charming: Well... Goodbye, Snow White.
- Snow: Goodbye, Prince Charming.
- Charming: I told you. It's James.
- Snow: Nah. Still like Charming better.
The Price of Gold [1.04]
- Rumplestiltskin: All magic comes with a price.
- Cinderella: Glass?
- Rumplestiltskin: Every story needs a memorable detail.
- Emma: People are going to tell you who you are your whole life, but you've just got to punch back and say, "No, this is who I am." If you want people to look at you differently, make them. If you want to change things, you are going to have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world.
- Henry: You can't make her double-cross Gold. No one's ever broken a deal with him.
- Emma: Happy to be the first. If Ashley wants to have this baby, she should have it. Anyone who wants to be a mother should damn well be allowed to be one.
- Emma: Henry, about what you said at the hospital... about me being able to leave?
- Henry: Yeah?
- Emma: See you tomorrow.
That Still Small Voice [1.05]
- Jiminy: I wish... I wish...
- [The Blue Fairy suddenly appears before him]
- Blue Fairy: I hear your wish. You don't need to wish it so loudly.
- Henry: Now it's harder for you, because of the curse, to care for the voice inside of you... To be who you wanna be.
- Regina: Don't test me.
- Archie: I don't need to. Because you're gonna leave me alone and let me do my work in peace.
- Regina: Really? Why is that?
- Archie: Because someday, Madam Mayor, you may find yourself in a custody battle. And do you know how the court determines who is a fit parent? They consult an expert. Particularly, one who has treated the child. So, I suggest that you think about that... and you allow me to do my work. And let me do it the way my conscience tells me to.
The Shepherd [1.06]
- Charming: I don't have a choice, do I?
- Rumplestiltskin: Everyone has a choice, dearie. Just make sure it's the right one.
- Dr. Whale: Rough day?
- Mary Margaret: I don't feel like talking.
- Dr. Whale: Come on. Sometimes it's easier to talk to someone when you don't give a crap what they think.
- Mary Margaret: You ever walk into a situation where you know exactly what's going to happen, and then you go into it anyway and then when what you're afraid of happens, you kick yourself because you should have known better. But that's just who you are... so you keep punishing yourself.
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter [1.07]
- Sidney: [while watching Graham throw darts] Nice shot, Chief. I bet you twenty bucks you can't do it again.
- [Graham takes a sip from the drink Ruby offers him and throws a dart, which hits the target and the deer's face]
- Graham: [to Ruby] Next round's on him.
- Evil Queen: I always felt there were two kinds of people. Wolves and sheep. Those who kill, and those who get killed. And you, Huntsman... you are most certainly a wolf.
- Graham: I don't feel anything, Regina...I'd rather have nothing than settle for less. Nothing is better than what we have. I need to feel something, Regina, and the only way to do that is to give myself a chance.
- Emma: Did you ever stop to think that maybe the problem isn't with me, but with you?
- Regina: Excuse me?
- Emma: Henry came and found me. Graham kissed me. Both were miserable. Maybe, Madam Mayor, you need to take a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself why that is. Why is everyone running away from you?
Desperate Souls [1.08]
- Mr. Gold: Two people with a common goal can do many things. Two people with a common enemy can do even more.
- Emma: This is a juvie record! It was sealed by court order. I don't know how you got it, but that's abuse of power and illegal!
- Regina: Oh, I'm sorry you didn't want people to know you cut his cord with a shiv?
- Emma: I want to show him that good can actually win.
- Mary Margaret: That's why you want to win it for him, but why do you want to win the election for yourself?
- Emma: That is why. I want to show him that a hero can win, and if I'm not a hero and I'm not the savior, then what part do I have in his life?
- Zoso: My life was such a burden. You'll see. Magic always comes with a price. And now, it's yours to pay.
- Rumplestiltskin: Why me? Why me?
- Zoso: I know how to recognize a desperate soul.
- Emma: [after learning Mr. Gold planned everything that transpired during the election] Why did you do this?
- Mr. Gold: We made a deal sometime back, Miss Swan. We established that you owed me a favor. I know that can be a bad feeling. Owing someone. Now that you're sheriff, I'm sure we'll find some way for you to pay back what you owe me.
True North [1.09]
- Emma: I know it's a lot. Believe me, I know. A month ago a kid shows up on my doorstep, a kid I gave up for adoption, asking for help with something. I end up moving here, for him.
- Michael Tillman: I heard about that. It's the mayor's son. Staying in town. That's a lot different than taking him in.
- Emma: I don't have my kid because I don't have a choice. You do. Those kids did not ask to be brought into this world. You brought them into this world. You and their mother and they need you. If you choose not to take them, you are going to have to answer for that every day of your life. And sooner or later, when they find you, and believe me they will find you, you're going to have to answer to them.
- Evil Queen: I offered your children everything, whatever their hearts desired, and they still chose uncertainty because of their blind faith in you. Tell me why. Why did your children refuse me?
- Woodcutter: Because we're a family, and family always finds one another.
7:15 A.M. [1.10]
- Mary Margaret: He comes here every morning at 7:15 A.M. to get coffee.
- Emma: For him and his wife.
- Mary Margaret: I know, I know, I know. I just like to come here to see him.
- Emma: So you're a stalker.
- Mary Margaret: No, not really. Maybe a little bit. I mean, it's not like I'm following him. I just know that he spends his mornings with Kathryn, gets coffee, drives to the animal shelter to start work at 7:30 and then he's home by 5:00.
- Emma: Oh... Is that all?
- Mary Margaret: Thursdays, they pick up Chinese for dinner.
- Rumplestiltskin: How much for this?
- Snow: Excuse me?
- Rumplestiltskin: Your boat. Exquisite craftsmanship.
- Snow: It's not for sale.
- Rumplestiltskin: Of course it is, dearie! No one comes to see me without a deal in mind.
- King George: You're going to sneak in and tell him you received his letter. You're going to tell him why you're here, because you don't love him. It'll break his heart, and that'll cure him.
- Snow: Or you'll kill me.
- King George: Oh, no. I'll kill him. Killing you would just make him love you more, and the marriage and the kingdom would ultimately crumble. But if he were to die at an assassin's hand, he would die a martyr. Midas will forgive, even laud, the death, and the merger would be complete.
- Snow: You would do that to your own son?
- King George: He is not my son.
- Snow: You above all people should understand. You've lost love. What if the pain could be erased?
- Grumpy: I don't want my pain erased. As wretched as it is, I need my pain. It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy. Look around, Snow. You're not alone anymore. I promise you that's all the cure you need. If the pain is too much, you can always drink it, but for today... put it away.
Fruit of the Poisonous Tree [1.11]
- Sidney: Sometimes doing a bad thing for a good reason is OK, right?
- Mary Margaret: Yeah. I mean, maybe you're doing something wrong, but... If it's what's meant to be, if it's what's right, does that really make you a bad person?
- Genie: In my time, I have granted 1,001 wishes. And I have seen them end poorly 1,001 times. Making a wish comes with a price. And that is why I will never use this wish.
- Evil Queen: [reflecting on how King Leopold still loves his first wife] I'm trapped by the memory of the life they used to share.
- Genie: I know about being trapped more than anyone. Maybe this will lift your spirits. [pulls out a hand mirror] So you can see yourself the way I see you.
- Evil Queen: And how do you see me?
- Genie: As the fairest in all the land.
Skin Deep [1.12]
- Belle: You're a coward, Rumplestiltskin. And no matter how thick you make your skin, that doesn't change.
- Rumplestiltskin: I'm not a coward, dearie. It's quite simple, really... my power means more to me than you.
- Belle: No. No, it doesn't. You just don't think I can love you. Now you've made your choice. And you're going to regret it. Forever. And all you have... is an empty heart. And a chipped cup.
- Mr. Gold: Don't let these bars fool you. I'm the only one with the power around here. I'm going to be out of here in no time, and nothing between us will change.
- Regina: We shall see.
What Happened to Frederick [1.13]
- Mary Margaret: I know it's hard, but we have to tell her the truth about everything. About us.
- David: I don't know if I can.
- Mary Margaret: But you have to. If we can't be honest with other people, how can we be honest with each other?
- Emma: Covering your tracks isn't exactly your strong suit.
- Mary Margaret: I've been discreet!
- Emma: Two teacups in the sink, perfume, late nights, plunging necklines... It wasn't hard to connect the dots.
- Mary Margaret: Plunging?
- Emma: When I met you, you were a top button kind of girl.
- Charming: No, this is not real love. I've felt it and this isn't it. I know the difference.
- Siren: Congratulations, Prince Charming. You're the first.
- Abigail: How will you know where to find her?
- Charming: A little bird helped me track her down once. Hopefully, it can again.
- Bossy: The ax never lies, Dreamy.
- Emma: So, what the hell is Miner's Day and why are you beating yourself up over it?
- Mary Margaret: It's an annual holiday celebrating an old tradition. The nuns used to make candles and trade them to the miners for coal.
- Emma: Coal? In Maine? If they were mining for lobster, I'd understand.
- Belle: You're in love.
- Bossy: That's impossible. Dwarves can't fall in love.
- Belle: Trust me. I know love, and you're in it.
- Dreamy: What's it like?
- Belle: It's the most wonderful and amazing thing in the world. Love is hope. It fuels our dreams, and if you're in it, you need to enjoy it because love doesn't always last forever.
- Granny: You dress like a drag queen during Fleet Week.
- Ruby: And you dress like Norman Bates when he dresses like Norman Bates's mother.
- Granny: You ever see a wild animal just turn its back and walk away like you don't matter? If this wolf is like that one, there is no defeating it. It's already won. Just by existing in our world. You don't kill it. You just hide.
- Snow: So, your Granny's kind of intense.
- Red Riding Hood: Yeah, a little. I feel like a rat in a trap.
- Emma: There's a whole lot of Maine to search, Regina.
- Regina: Well, you covered this room. I suggest you branch out.
Heart of Darkness [1.16]
- Mary Margaret: I can't pay you.
- Mr. Gold: I didn't ask for money.
- Mary Margaret: Then why are you doing this?
- Mr. Gold: Let's just say, I'm invested in your future.
- Grumpy: The potion you gave Snow. It changed her. She's not the same!
- Rumplestiltskin: Well of course it changed her. It took away her love, left a big hole in her heart. There is no cure for what she's got. The person she was? There's no way to bring her back. No potion can bring back true love. Love is the most powerful magic of all. The only magic I haven't been able to bottle. If you can bottle love, you can do anything.
- Snow: [after Charming thwarts her assassination attempt] What are you doing? Why would you do this?!
- Charming: Well, because you said you appreciate action more than words. So now you're going to get both. I love you, Snow.
- Snow: But I don't love you. I don't even remember you!
- Charming: Well I don't care. The only thing I care about is you don't forget who you really are. I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness.
Hat Trick [1.17]
- Jefferson: When you were in high school, did you learn about the Civil War?
- Emma: Yeah. Of course.
- Jefferson: How? Did you read about it, perchance, in a book? How is that any different, any less real, than any other book?
- Emma: History books are based on history.
- Jefferson: And storybooks are based on what? Imagination. Where does that come from? It has to come from somewhere. You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants some magical solution for their problem and everyone refuses to believe in magic. [points at the hat] Now get it to work.
- Emma: Here's the thing, Jefferson. This is it. This is the real world.
- Jefferson: A real world. How arrogant are you to think yours is the only one? There are infinite more. You have to open your mind. They touch one another, pressing up in a long line of lands, each just as real as the last. All have theier own rules; some have magic, some don't, and some need magic.
The Stable Boy [1.18]
- Regina: The murder weapon was found in your apartment. Your fingerprint was on the box containing Kathryn's heart. Shall I go on? Why not, for once, make it easier on everyone? Because confession or not, you're leaving Storybrooke.
- Mary Margaret: And you would like that. Why? Why do you take such pleasure in this? What did I ever do to you to make you hate me so much?
- Daniel: Life with a stable boy is a far cry from being a Queen.
- Regina: Being a Queen is nothing. Daniel, all I care about is you.
- Henry: The eagle is in the nest and the package is secure.
- Emma: I left the code book at home, Henry.
- Henry: She's getting in the shower and the keys are under the mat.
- Cora: You don't know what you want. But I do. I didn't make the sacrifices I did in life to get you to the cusp of greatness so that you could end up the wife of a stable boy.
The Return [1.19]
- Regina: You broke our deal.
- Mr. Gold: I broke one deal in my life, dear, and it certainly wasn't this one.
- Regina: Kathryn was supposed to die and Mary Margaret was to get the blame!
- Mr. Gold: Yeah, but murder seems so much worse here, though doesn't it? You can't just turn someone into a snail and then step on them, can you?
- David: Kathryn, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I lied to you. I'm sorry I cheated on you. I'm just so sorry for all of this.
- Kathryn: David, it's okay. What we had, it wasn't it for you. Maybe for both of us. I can't blame you for just being the first one to see it.
- Emma: I know you are behind all this. I understand you own the game and that you set the board so that no one else can win, but I'm about to start playing an entirely different game. I don't care about what happens to you. I don't care what happens to me. All I care about is what happens to my kid, and you are going to leave him alone.
- Regina: Am I?
- Emma: Uh-uh. I'm talking. You're a sociopath, lady. You tried to take away someone that I love. And now I'm going to take away someone you love. I am taking back my son.
The Stranger [1.20]
- Mary Margaret: Even if you can't admit what you did, I forgive you anyway. Your life must be filled with such incredible loneliness that your only joy comes from destroying everyone else's happiness. It's so sad, Mayor Mills, because despite what you think, it won't make you happy. It's only going to leave a giant hole in your heart.
- Regina: Those fairytales are not real. Miss Blanchard should never have given you that book. She should be grateful I'm not trying to get her fired.
- Henry: Go ahead and try. It won't work. No matter what you do, Snow White will have her happy ending. She and Prince Charming will be together. The curse will end. Good. Will. Win.
- Emma: I thought this trip was supposed to be about you.
- August: It is. This is my story... and it's your story.
An Apple Red as Blood [1.21]
- King George: I would have given you everything: the crown, the kingdom. All you had to do was marry King Midas' daughter, but you decided to follow true love.
- Charming: Losing my life for love? That is a sacrifice I am happy to make.
- Mary Margaret: What the hell is wrong with you?
- Emma: I want what's best for him!
- Mary Margaret: And running is what's best for him? Or is that what's best for you?
- Snow: Is this always going to be our life? Taking turns finding each other.
- Charming: We'll be together. I know it. Have faith.
- Snow: I take that apple and he lives? That's the deal you want to make?
- Evil Queen: With all my heart.
- Snow: Then congratulations. You've won.
- Emma: Henry, what are you doing?
- Henry: I'm sorry it had to come to this. You may not believe in the curse, or in me, but I believe in you.
- [Henry takes a bite of the apple turnover and stares at Emma]
- Emma: You see? You want to have some ice cream and then we can go back to talking about... [watches Henry collapse, then whispers] Henry? [shouts] Henry! Henry!
A Land Without Magic [1.22]
- Emma: I was leaving town. Why couldn't you just leave it alone?
- Regina: Because as long as you're alive, Henry will never be mine!
- Emma: He will never be anyone's unless you fix this. You wake him up!
- Regina: I can't!
- Mr. Gold: Do my eyes deceive me or is that the look of a believer?
- Emma: We need your help.
- Mr. Gold: Indeed you do. It seems quite the tragic ailment has befallen our young friend. [turns to Regina] I told you magic comes with a price.
- Regina: Henry shouldn't have to pay it.
- Mr. Gold: No, you should, but alas, we are where we are.
- Emma: What's happening to you?
- August: You can see it now. You believe.
- Emma: Yeah. I do. But how do I stop this?
- August: Break the curse.
- Snow: How did you do it?
- Charming: With this. [holds up his mother's ring] It's my mother's ring. It... led me back to you. And now... I never want it off your finger. [gets down on one knee] Will you marry me?
- Snow: What do you think?
- Belle: I-I don't understand...
- Mr. Gold: We're in a Land Without Magic, Belle. And I'm bringing it. Magic... is coming.
- Belle: Why?
- Mr. Gold: Why? Because magic is power.
- Mr. Gold: What can I do for you?
- Emma: What you can do is tell us what you did.
- Mr. Gold: I'm sorry, you're gonna have to be more specific.
- David: You know damned well what we're talking about.
- Mary Margaret: You double-crossed Emma, you took your potion from her...
- David: And did who knows what to this town.
- Emma: And worst of all, you risked Henry's life.
- Mr. Gold: Well, that is quite a list of grievances, now isn't it?
- Emma: Maybe I don't need answers. Maybe I just need to punch you in the face.
- Phillip: I'm going to go collect some wood to build a fire. I'll be back in five minutes.
- [Philip kisses Aurora. She pulls away and smiles]
- Aurora: This is a "see you in five minutes" kiss?
- Mulan: That thing out there is dangerous. And Philip... he left to protect you. So even if I don't believe in his methods, I'm going to honor his wishes. I'm going to keep you safe.
- Aurora: I never asked him to.
- Mulan: You never had to. Everything he does, he does for you. And now he's going to die for you. Love is sacrifice. Something you clearly don't understand.
- David: Don't worry. Emma and Mary Margaret, they're alive.
- Henry: How do you know?
- David: I have faith.
- Henry: But...
- David: Henry, come here. I will find them. I will always find them.
We Are Both [2.02]
- Regina: You know what? Maybe you should be less concerned about hats and more concerned about taking care of my son.
- David: Oh, because you took such good care of him.
- Regina: I will not listen to childcare lectures from a man who put his daughter in a box and shipped her to Maine.
- Henry: You ruined lives! You sent away Mary Margaret and Emma.
- Regina: That was an accident.
- Henry: The way you treated me wasn't an accident. You made it so no one believed me. You made me feel like I was crazy.
- David: David, Storybrooke David, was – is – weak, confused, and he hurt the woman I love. I wouldn't give up being Charming just to be him... but you know what? I wouldn't make the other trade either. Because that David reminds me not only of whom I lost, but of who I want to be. My weaknesses and my strengths, David and the prince. I am both. Just like you. You are both. The town is both. We are both.
- David: The Enchanted Forest. Our land. Does it still exist?
- Regina: Yes. But I have no idea how to get back there. I can see I just launched you on a heroic quest. Just make sure that you also take care of my son.
- David: That I can do.
Lady of the Lake [2.03]
- Mulan: Have you ever seen an ogre?
- Emma: I'm pretty sure I've dated a few.
- Red Riding Hood: We have to move camp. They're coming for us.
- Charming: No! We will not run! We said we were gonna take the kingdom back and we can't do that with our tails between our legs... No offense.
- Lancelot: Leaving is unwise. The Enchanted Forest is not as you remember it. The ogres have returned.
- Emma: Ogres? Like, as in "Fee-fi-fo-fum"?
- Mary Margaret: Those would be giants.
- Mary Margaret: [seeing the ruins of Emma's nursery] I was going to teach you how to walk in here. How to talk. How to dress for your first ball. You never got to do any of it. We never got to be a family.
The Crocodile [2.04]
- Hook: Now, what are you doing aboard my ship?
- Rumplestiltskin: You have my wife.
- Hook: Well, I've had many a man's wife.
- Mr. Gold: Can I ask you a question? A-about you and Mary Margaret. H-how... How does that work?
- David: Are you asking dating advice?
- Hook: What's our port of destination?
- Cora: Storybrooke.
- Hook: Curious name. Is that where...?
- Cora: She is. And so is he.
- Hook: Excellent. You'll be able to see your daughter. And I can skin myself a crocodile.
The Doctor [2.05]
- Regina: You're the wizard?
- Victor: I prefer "doctor."
- Dr. Whale: [after David punches him in the face] What the hell was that for?
- David: Sleeping with my wife.
- Dr. Whale: Kathryn?
- David: Snow.
- Igor: [after watching Victor resurrect his brother] It's magic, Dr. Frankenstein.
- Victor: No. Not magic. Science.
- Neal: I might be a pervert, but you're definitely a car thief.
- Emma: Don't you have a family?
- The Giant: No! Because humans killed them all.
- August: Think of me as Emma's guardian angel.
- Neal: Guardian angel? I'd say you've been doing a pretty crap job.
- Henry: [telling David about his nightmare] I wa- I was in this room. And... and it was red. And there was no doors, no windows. And these curtains... And they were on fire. And... I was in this corner. And... and, and, and I was looking up. And there was someone else there. She was staring at me through the flames. Th-then I woke up, and...
- David: Hey. Don't worry, all right? It was just a bad dream.
Child of the Moon [2.07]
- Anita: I know how to recognize a Child of the Moon.
- Belle: You have wolf hearing too?
- Granny: It's not all it's cracked up to be. Especially when you run a hotel.
Into the Deep [2.08]
- David: You sure you're OK to do this, kid?
- Henry: I was born to do this. I'm done reading about heroes. I wanna be one.
- Mulan: I vowed to Prince Phillip to protect you, not to help some strangers find a portal to another land.
- Aurora: Mulan, I was cursed to spend eternity in that horrible sleep. And the only reason I'm here is because you and Phillip risked your lives to save me. Every day since my waking has been a gift, so let me do something with it. It's my turn to help someone else.
- Cora: [after learning Hook failed to acquire the compass] Who was it who bested you?
- Hook: The Swan girl. Emma. Rest assured it won't happen again.
- Cora: No, it won't. You chose her... and the consequences of that decision.
- Henry: Smells funny.
- Regina: I know, sweetheart. It's a curse. It's not meant to be pleasant.
- Emma: You really think we're gonna make it back?
- Mary Margaret: If there's one thing your father's taught me, it's not to give up.
Queen of Hearts [2.09]
- Cora: I'm the Queen of Hearts, do you really think I'd be so careless as to keep my heart where everyone else does?
- Emma: Your mom. She's a piece of work, you know?
- Regina: Indeed I do.
- David: You did it.
- Mary Margaret: Did you ever doubt I would?
- David: No. [kisses her] Though the burning red room did give me pause.
The Cricket Game [2.10]
- Evil Queen: [speaking before her execution] I know I'm being judged for my past, a past where I've caused pain, a past where I've inflicted misery, a past where I've even brought death. When I look back at everything I've done, I want you all to know what I feel, and that is regret... regret that I was not able to cause more pain, inflict more misery, and bring about more death. And above all else, with every ounce of my being, I regret that I was not able to kill Snow White!
- Regina: Doctor? Doctor?! Need I remind you got your PhD from a curse?
- Cora: It may take some work, but this cricket will chirp.
The Outsider [2.11]
- Hook: I've always wanted to dissect a cricket.
- Emma: You plotting your escape from Shawshank, kid?
- Leroy: There's a whole world full of people beyond the town line that don't know who, or what, we are. Ever think of what might happen if one of them were to come pay us a visit?
In The Name Of the Brother [2.12]
- Emma: You hurt Belle.
- Hook: I hurt his heart. Belle's just where he keeps it.
- Ruby: Regina thought she was punishing us by erasing who we were, but I think she underestimated how much crap we wanted to forget.
- Victor: I will bring you back, my brother. I promise.
- Anton: It's Anton.
- Abraham: But you're just so damn tiny, Tiny
- Leroy: So you got a twin brother whose name is James? But your name is James!
- David: Actually, it's not.
- Leroy: Charming, then?
- Mary Margaret: No, that's the nickname I gave him.
- Leroy: So what the hell is your name?
- David: David!
- Leroy: Your cursed name?
- David: My real name!
- Leroy: What, you're David, James and Charming, and David's like a middle name?
- David: No, it's my name name!
- Leroy: You know what? I'll call you whatever I damn well please! Is that okay?
- David: Sure, Leroy!
- Rumplestiltskin: You know, I've lived under the shadow of my father's actions for far too long now.
- Milah: Just because your father was a coward doesn't mean you are.
- Henry: Why are you so nervous? When I found my mom, I was excited.
- Mr. Gold: Because I have the benefit of a little more... life experience. I know that things don't always happen the way we want them to.
- Henry: Sure. But in my book, it says that you can see the future. Why can't you just look and see what's going to happen?
- Mr. Gold: Well, that ability is complicated. I didn't always have it. And then when I did, well … it's maybe not the gift one would expect. Seeing the inevitable can be a terrible price.
- Henry: But you wouldn't have to worry about stuff. You'd just know.
- Mr. Gold: But that's the great trap. The future is like a puzzle. With missing pieces. Difficult to read. And never, never what you think.
- Emma: Are you telling me that us meeting was a coincidence? How the hell did that happen if it wasn't in your plan or your father's?!
- Neal: Think about it. He wanted you to break the curse. Us meeting... That could've stopped it. Maybe it was fate.
- Emma: You believe in that?
- Neal: You know, there's not a ton I remember about my father that doesn't suck. But he used to tell me that there are no coincidences. Everything that happens happens by design... and there's nothing we can do about it.
- The Seer: [after Rumplestiltskin takes her powers] As gratitude, I offer you one piece of the puzzle. You will be reunited with your son. And it will come in a most unexpected way.
- Rumplestiltskin: How?
- The Seer: A boy. A young boy will lead you to him. But beware, Rumplestiltskin, for that boy is more than he appears. He will lead you to what you seek. But there will be a price. The boy... will be your undoing.
- [The Seer collapses and dies]
- Rumplestiltskin: Then I'll just have to kill him.
The Queen Is Dead [2.15]
- Mary Margaret: Listening to your mother is a mistake, Regina.
- Regina: Because listening to you'll work out so much better!
- Emma: You're dying. And right now, we are your best hope. Time's come for you to start trusting someone. And if I were you, I'd start with family.
- Young Snow White: Please don't leave me.
- Queen Eva: As long as you hold the spirit of goodness in your heart, I shall never leave you.
- Cora: [speaking to Queen Eva's corpse] You raised her well. My daughter doesn't love me the way yours does you. Snow would've been a great ruler someday, but that'll never happen because my daughter will be queen. And all yours will be left with is knowing how I've felt... how it feels to be the miller's daughter. I'll turn Snow White's heart black as coal. That candle won't be her final test. And once I've darkened her soul, it won't just be you I've destroyed. It'll be your legacy.
The Miller's Daughter [2.16]
- King Xavier: You're just a miller's daughter.
- Cora: I am so much more.
- Emma: I can't cast a spell. I can spell "spell."
- Mr. Gold: You can. It's in you.
- Emma: Well, how? Here? Like from my brain?
- Mr. Gold: Just try. [Emma starts to concentrate her thoughts] Stop thinking! Conjuring magic is not an intellectual endeavor. It's emotion. You must ask yourself: "Why am I doing this? Who am I protecting?" Feel it. [Emma has a visionary experience and successfully casts a protection spell] Oh, yeah, you feel it.
- Belle: Mr. Gold. I told you before... I don't remember you.
- Mr. Gold: I know, I know. It's just… Sweetheart, I'm… I'm dying.
- Belle: Oh. I'm … I'm so sorry.
- Mr. Gold: I know that your confused about who you are. Now I'm going to tell you. You are a hero who helped her people. You are a beautiful woman who loved an ugly man. Really, really loved me. You find goodness in others, and, when it's not there, you create it. You make me want to go back. Back to the best version of me. And that never happened before. So when you look in the mirror and you don't know who you are, that's who you are.
- Cora: [after Regina returns her now-cursed heart into her chest] This would have been enough. You... you would have been enough.
Welcome to Storybrooke [2.17]
- Kurt Flynn: Who are you? What is this place?
- Sheriff Graham: Name's Graham. I'm the sheriff. Welcome to Storybrooke.
- Mary Margaret: How do you do it?
- Mr. Gold: Do what?
- Mary Margaret: Live with yourself, knowing all the bad things you've done?
- Mr. Gold: Well, you tell yourself you did the right thing. And, if you say it often enough, one day you might actually believe it.
- Mr. Gold: Cora is a very dangerous women because she doesn't have a heart. Regina is even more dangerous because she does.
Selfless, Brave and True [2.18]
- Emma: What are you thinking?
- Neal: What do you mean?
- Emma: I mean, what are you going to tell her when she sees a giant or a werewolf run past her down Main Street? Between Greg Mendell, our food-obsessed tourist, and now your fiancee...this town is turning into a theme-park!
- The Dragon: What I create is not from this world. Because the people who need my help suffer from afflictions that science cannot treat. People like the man you stole that from.
- Tamara: I didn't steal anything. I paid for what's in this bottle. But, now that I have it, I can't risk anyone else finding you. [turns to face him, a taser in her hands] It was nice meeting you.
- The Dragon: You haven't met me. At least not the real me.
- Mr. Gold: Brown hair. Beautiful blue eyes. An accent you wouldn't soon forget. Her name is Belle.
- Bartender: Belle? Are... are you sure? 'Cause that sounds an awful hell like Lacey.
- Mr. Gold: Who the hell is Lacey?
The Evil Queen [2.20]
- Evil Queen: When she is gone, when Snow is dead, then they will see my kindness.
- Rumplestiltskin: Yes, through the charred remains of their homes. I'm sure that will be perfectly clear.
- Evil Queen: The Queen is dead. Long live the Evil Queen.
Second Star to the Right [2.21]
- Wendy Darling: He's coming back tonight to take one of my brothers in my place. You said magic was bad, and you were right, Bae. It's going to destroy my family.
And Straight On 'Til Morning [2.22]
- Greg Mendell: We came here to destroy magic, Henry, but then we found something more important. Something that changed everything. You.
The Heart of the Truest Believer [3.01]
- Henry: Why did you bring me here?
- Peter Pan: For quite some time, I've sought something extremely important. Something more elusive than the greatest of all mysteries.
- Henry: What?
- Peter Pan: The heart of the truest believer. And when you took that pixie dust, Henry, and jumped off that cliff, you proved yourself. You are the lucky owner of that very special heart. And now you, and it, are mine.
Lost Girl [3.02]
- Emma Swan: Where's Henry?
- Peter Pan: You've got fire. I like fire.
- Hook: Tell me something, luv. In these stories, what was I like? Other than a villain. Handsome, I gather.
- Emma Swan: If waxed mustaches and perms are your thing.
- Hook: I take it that perms are bad?
- Emma: That look in his eyes, the despair, I had it. Back when I was in the foster system. Just a lost little girl who didn't matter. Who didn't think she ever would. A little girl who cried herself to sleep every night 'cause she wanted her parents so bad and could never understand why they gave her up.
- Mary Margaret: And then you found us. And it was too late.
- Emma: It's just on this island, I... I don't feel like a hero or a savior. I just feel like what I've always been. An orphan.
Quite a Common Fairy [3.03]
- Blue Fairy: Green, this is not a woman you can help. She is surrounded by darkness.
- Tinker Bell: Sounds to me like she's exactly someone who could use help. Maybe if you let me have some pixie dust...
- Blue Fairy: Not a chance. You fly away from this one, Green.
- Tinker Bell: My name isn't "Green." It's Tinker Bell. And I can't believe you want me to ignore someone who needs help. It's not very fairy-like.
Nasty Habits [3.04]
- Mr. Gold: Self-preservation has been a nasty habit I've had my whole life.
Good Form [3.05]
- David: I had a brother too, you know. A twin. He died before I ever met him.
- Hook: There were two of you? I can barely stomach one.
- David: Well, you would have liked him. He was a thief and a liar.
- Hook: Yeah, you would have liked my brother. He could be a stubborn ass.
- Pan: What, you think that kiss actually meant something?
- Hook: I do. I think it means she's finally starting to see me for the man I am.
- Pan: What? A one-handed pirate with a drinking problem? I'm no grown-up, but I'm pretty sure that's less than appealing.
- Snow White: [after Ariel saves her from drowning] Thank you.
- Ariel: No problem. You might wanna try diving in calmer waters next time.
- [Snow White looks down at the water and notices Ariel has a tail]
- Snow White: You're a...
- Ariel: Yeah. I'm a mermaid. Name's Ariel.
Dark Hollow [3.07]
- Hook: What's our next stop on this mission?
- Neal Cassidy: Dark Hollow.
- Emma Swan: Really? Why couldn't it be called something like Sunshine Valley or Rainbow Cove?
Think Lovely Thoughts [3.08]
- Malcolm: When I was a boy, my father sold me to a blacksmith. All day in front of hot coals, the sweat and the grime. But every night I would say to myself: "Think lovely thoughts!" And in my sleep, I would travel to the most wonderful place.
- Young Rumplestiltskin: What was it called?
- Malcolm: Neverland
- Henry: I know all magic comes with a price. Saving magic must come with a price too.
- Regina: You better come through, Gold, or I'll make whatever Pan has planned for you look like child's play. You understand me?
- Mr. Gold: Well, a simple "good luck" would have sufficed.
Save Henry [3.09]
- Adoption Agent: I've never heard of Storybrooke.
- Regina: It's a hidden gem. Peaceful. Perfect for children. It's like a fairy tale. You should come visit sometime.
- Adoption Agent: I get two weeks off a year, and all due with respect, Sandals has an inclusive buffet. You got that in Storybrooke?
- Regina: I'm afraid not.
- Peter Pan: Last words from the Queen? Perhaps a deathbed confession from the one who has the most to regret of all?
- Regina: Yeah, there's one problem with that. I did cast a curse that devastated an entire population. I have tortured and murdered. I've done some terrible things. I should be overflowing with regret... but I'm not. Because it got me my son.
- Regina: [talking to an infant Henry as she prepares a memory potion] It's all right. If the Queen drinks the potion, she won't forget her child. She'll only forget her worries. Her troubles. Her fears. And with those gone, she and her prince can indeed finally live happily ever after.
The New Neverland [3.10]
- Snow White: [after telling David she was using their honeymoon as a cover to find Medusa] You aren't mad, are you?
- Prince Charming: I fell in love with you on a troll bridge after you robbed me and hit me over the head with a rock. I knew what I was getting myself into.
- Hook: I made a decision when it comes to Emma. I'm going to back off.
- Neal: Back off?
- Hook: For the sake of the boy. Let his parents have a fair shot. Without a devilishly handsome pirate standing in the way.
- Neal: You serious?
- Captain Hook: Yeah. I *am* dangerously handsome.
- Emma: Sure you don't have other reasons for pushing me toward Neal?
- David: Like what?
- Emma: I don't know. Keeping me away from Hook?
- David: You think I'm interested in Hook? Emma, I'm a married man.
- Peter Pan: [in Henry's body] Everyone will forget who they are. Time will stand still. And Felix, we will be in charge.
- Felix: This whole place?
- Peter Pan: Yes. And when we're done with it, it's going to be the new Neverland.
Going Home [3.11]
- [Pan has stolen the Dark Curse scroll from Regina and has frozen her, Emma, Snow, David, Henry, Belle, Neal, and Granny with an immobilization spell]
- Peter Pan: Look at you all. A captive audience. I could play with you like a pack of dolls, couldn't I? I think I'll start with these two. [Approaches Belle and Neal] You both look so adorable. Hard to tell who to kill first. [Turns to Neal] No, it isn't. You. You first.
- [Gold arrives, grabs Pan by his left shoulder, and pulls him away from Belle and Neal]
- Mr. Gold: Stay away from them.
- Peter Pan: How about this? The worm has teeth. You're here to protect their "loved ones".
- Mr. Gold: I'm not gonna let you touch either one of them.
- Peter Pan: Oh, I'd like to see that.
- Mr. Gold: Oh, you will. Because I have a job to finish, and I have to do whatever it takes. No loopholes. And what needs to be done has a price. A price I'm finally willing to pay. [Turns to Neal] I used the curse to find you, Bae, to tell you I made a mistake. To make sure you had a chance at happiness. And that happiness is possible. Just not with me. I accept that.
- Peter Pan: Pretty, pretty words.
- Mr. Gold: I love you, Bae. [Turns to Belle] And I love you, Belle, you made me stronger.
- Peter Pan: Stronger, yes. But still no magic.
- Mr. Gold: Oh, but I don't need it. You see, you may have lost your shadow, but there's one thing you're forgetting.
- Peter Pan: And what's that?
- Mr. Gold: So have I. I sent it away with something to hide.
- [Gold raises his hand into the air and summons his shadow, who arrives with the Dark One's Dagger and gives it to Gold, As the shadow goes back into Gold, he gets Pan in a bear hug]
- Peter Pan: What are you doing?!
- Mr. Gold: You see, the only way for you to die is if we both die. And now– now I'm ready! [Stabs Pan in the back and watches as he transforms into Malcolm] Hello, Papa.
- Malcolm: Rumple, please. You can stop this. Remove the dagger. We can start over. We can have a happy ending.
- Mr. Gold: Ah, but I'm a villain. And villains don't get happy endings.
- [Gold twists the dagger on Malcolm's back and a bright glow erupts from the blade, As Malcolm groans in pain, Gold places a kiss on his cheek, the light engulfs them and they disappear, Emma, Snow, David, Regina, Henry, Belle, Neal, and Granny free themselves from the immobilization spell, Emma, Snow, David, Regina, Henry, Neal, and Granny stand in shock over seeing Gold and Pan disappear, while Belle collapses to her knees crying]
- Blue Fairy: Good luck, Snow. Have faith.
- Snow White: That's easy to say when you have magic wings and a wand.
- Regina: Henry, I was wrong, too. It wasn't your fault. It's mine. I cast the curse out of vengeance. And I'm... I'm the villain. You heard Mr. Gold. Villains don't get happy endings.
- Henry: You're not a villain. You're my mom.
New York City Serenade [3.12]
- The Wicked Witch of the West: The Queen may be Evil, but I'm Wicked. And Wicked always wins.
Witch Hunt [3.13]
- Red Riding Hood: Seems like old times, doesn't it? Except, not running from Regina, but with her.
- Snow White: She's changed. I have to believe for the better.
- Red Riding Hood: I hope it sticks. But regardless, she doesn't look too good. If she hadn't tried to hurt us so many times, I might be worried about her.
- Grumpy: [after Regina concludes the Wicked Witch is occupying her palace] We talking East or West?
- Snow White: Does it matter? Neither one sounds good.
- Grumpy: Well, one you drop a house on, the other you toss a bucket of water at.
- Regina: As you said, I just needed to find something to live for.
- Robin: And you found it? What?
- Regina: The one thing I haven't had in a very long time. Someone to destroy.
The Tower [3.14]
- Regina: When we face our deepest fears, our true courage comes out. When you used the hilt of your sword to vanquish your fears, your courage transferred into it.
- David: Why did it disappear?
- Regina: It didn't disappear. She took it.
Quiet Minds [3.15]
- Emma: I almost married a monster from Oz. It's hilarious.
- Neal: I almost married a minion of my evil grandfather, Peter Pan, so... I know what you're saying.
- Robin: Apologies, m'lady. I thought you were the Wicked Witch.
- Regina: And I thought you were a flying monkey.
It's Not Easy Being Green [3.16]
- Regina: This isn't the Wild West.
- Zelena: No, dear. It's the Wicked West.
- David: And you're sure Cora never said anything about her?
- Regina: I think I would remember if my mother told me she had a love child with a scarecrow.
- Walsh: You're evil.
- Zelena: Not evil, dear. Wicked.
The Jolly Roger [3.17]
- Emma: Hook's good with Henry and Henry likes him.
- Regina: He's prone to violence, impulsive... and has a hook for a hand. What about him would a twelve-year-old boy wouldn't like?
Bleeding Through [3.18]
- Mary Margaret: I killed Cora. She sensed my presence and found a way to bleed through into our world.
A Curious Thing [3.19]
- Snow: It's happening again. I'm about to give birth, and an evil sorceress is threatening the future of my child.
- Regina: To be fair, the first time I was threatening you. Everyone else just became collateral damage.
- Grumpy: Remind me again why we forgave her?
- Regina: Because I'm helping!
- Regina: [discussing with Snow and Charming about Zelena enacting the Dark Curse] To do it, you have to give up the thing you love most. From what I gather, Zelena doesn't love much.
- Grumpy: Wait. You want to sneak into Rumple's castle where he's being held captive by the Wicked Witch? Name's Grumpy, not Stupid.
- Charming: Why do women keep their shoeboxes?
- Snow: Because, after True Love, there is no more powerful magic than footwear.
- Charming: We've always shared one heart. It'll only grow strong when you look at that baby's face... and see the love I have for you in its eyes.
- Snow: I've loved you since the first moment I saw you.
- Charming: And I'll love you until my last.
- Dorothy: Y-you mean this isn't Kansas?
- Glinda: I'm afraid not. Welcome to Oz.
- Zelena: I can do anything.
- Gold: Whether it works or not is irrelevant, dearie. Because, no matter what you change of your past, one thing shall remain the same: who you are. And that is a fate you can never escape.
- Henry: Once upon a time you were a villain, Mom. But you've changed. You're a hero now. And defeating bad guys is what heroes do. I believe in you. Now, you need to believe, too.
Snow Drifts [3.21]
There's No Place Like Home [3.22]
- Belle: Rumplestiltskin, this thing we have, it's...it's never been easy. I've... I've lost you so many times. I've lost you to darkness, to weakness, and finally, to death. But now I realize... I realize that I have not spent my life losing you. I've spent my life finding you.
- Gold: Belle, when we met, I wasn't just unloved and unloving. I was an enemy of love. Love only brought me pain. My walls were up. But you brought them down. You brought me home. You brought life into my life and chased away all the darkness. And I vow to you I will never forget the distance between what I was and what I am. I owe more to you than I can ever say. How you can see the man behind the monster I will never know.
- Belle: But that monster is gone. And the man beneath him may be flawed, but we all are. And I love you for it. Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket. And sometimes the best teacup is chipped.
A Tale of Two Sisters [4.01]
- Elsa: Please. I want to be alone.
- Anna: You have a sister. You're never gonna be alone. Other than when I'm not around, but even then, I'll be there in spirit.
- Emma: [talking to Regina after she saves Marian's life] Henry brought me to Storybrooke to bring back the happy endings. My job is not done until I do that for everyone. Including you.
- Marian: If you had a family of your own, if you had love, you'd know you shouldn't do this. You wouldn't have to be so cruel.
- Evil Queen: Don't you tell me what I do or don't understand. I know who I am and what I want. And right now... it's your head on a spike.
White Out [4.02]
- Mary Margaret: I've had eight hours of sleep in the last week, I am breastfeeding, and I am exhausted! I don't need this. I may have cast a little curse, but I did not ask to maintain a metropolitan electrical grid. And, get this, I am starting to get why Regina was evil. It wasn't her! It was you! You have survived your entire lives without lightbulbs! Buy a flashlight!
- Emma: Aren't you cold? I'm freezing.
- Elsa: It's never bothered me.
- Henry: You can give up on yourself, but I'm not gonna give up on you. And I'm not gonna go away just because you told me to! I belong here, and I'm gonna come back every day because this is my house, too! And I miss my room!
Rocky Road [4.03]
- Hans: This is the guy she's to marry?
- Kristoff: In fairness, I never tried to kill her.
- Hans: I didn't try to kill her. I just left her to die.
- Hook: Don't make a man drink alone.
- Emma: Not in the mood for a drink. Or a man.
The Apprentice [4.04]
- Zoso: You are not the Sorcerer.
- The Apprentice: No. I am his apprentice. And you are not the first Dark One I have faced.
- Hook: [after Emma asks him out on a date] Shouldn't I be the one asking you out?
- Emma: Should have known you'd be old-fashioned, given your age. What are you, like three hundred?
- Hook: Curses and Neverland may have given me experience. But, as you can see, I've retained my youthful glow.
Breaking Glass [4.05]
- Elsa: What are you gonna do?
- Ingrid: I'm going to build a snowman.
- Regina: Intentionally or not, Ms. Swan, you brought Marian back. You ruined my life. And there is no coming back from that. Because I know you think you didn't mean to, but you hurt someone. So do as I do. Learn to live with it.
Family Business [4.06]
- Ingrid: [speaking to Belle after Anna slips and falls to the ground unconscious] You'll have to excuse us, but this is family business.
The Snow Queen [4.07]
- Will: If you love someone enough to ruin your entire life for, it's always worth it.
- Mr. Gold: I'm going to give you a potion that possesses the power to transform something old into something new.
- Henry: What kind of potion's that?
- Mr. Gold: Furniture polish.
Smash the Mirror [4.08]
- Mary Margaret: Your stories went poorly because you made bad choices. But... now you're making good ones. It may not happen as quickly as you want, but, if you stay the course, your happiness will come.
- Regina: You honestly believe that?
- Mary Margaret: It doesn't matter what I believe. What matters is that you do.
- Elsa: I was wrong. It wasn't just Anna's love that saved me.
- Emma: What are you talking about?
- Elsa: When I landed in this strange town, I was certain that, without Anna, I was doomed. But I got control over my powers again without her.
- Emma: How?
- Elsa: I didn't really know until today, until the same thing happened to you, and then it finally hit me. It's not only Anna's love or Henry's that can save us. They accept us for who we are, and that's important. But it's not enough. It's on us, too. You have to love yourself, Emma. The good and the bad. The only way to ever truly be in control of your powers is to embrace them. Because this... This is who you are.
- Mr. Gold: Your strange fixation really holds no interest for me.
- Ingrid: Oh, but it should. And it will. You see, these ribbons were of no use to me until this moment. They can bond three magical sisters together, but only if all of us are a perfect match.
- Mr. Gold: And what makes for this perfect match?
- Ingrid: When all three have embraced their powers, which we now have, thanks to you. Now, I wield the magic of my three sisters. Now, my mirror is complete. And with this power, I can finally cast a spell over all of Storybrooke. I could probably even defeat you and decorate this place with your bones. Shall I try?
- Mr. Gold: Dearie, I warn you. Do not overestimate your power.
- Ingrid: And I warn you. Don't underestimate it.
- Regina: By sundown, everyone in this town will start tearing each other apart.
- Mr. Gold: If I have to choose between everyone else and me, me wins every time.
Shattered Sight [4.10]
- Mary Margaret: You do know me. I pick flowers, I talk to birds, I do all kind of warm fuzzy things. You know what else? I kill. That's right, Snow White's a murderer. I killed the Evil Queen's mommy, and then I said I was sorry... And I didn't mean it.
- Anna: That's horrible.
- Mary Margaret: Still wanna hold hands, sing "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah"?
- Henry: I'm not happy with my mom dating a dirty pirate like you.
- Hook: Dirty? I bathe quite regularly I'll have you know.
- Ingrid: [after realizing she has always had her sisters' love] I am a monster. Not because of my powers, but because of what I let them turn me into. I have to undo this.
- Elsa: No, Ingrid. You'll die.
- Ingrid: I know. It's okay. Elsa, Anna, you found each other. And, Emma, you found your family. Even if it wasn't with me. You... You deserve your memories. [returns Elsa and Emma's lost memories with a wave of her hand] You three are so special. Never forget that.
- Emma: There has to be another way. You deserve your happy ending too.
- Ingrid: Long ago, a prophecy told me that you would lead me to just that, Emma. And this is it. All I wanted was to have my sisters' love, and now I have it. Now I get to join them.
Heroes and Villains [4.11]
- Regina: I'm not in the mood for a hope speech, Emma.
- Emma: You mistake me for my mother. Besides, you don't need a speech. You need a drinking buddy.
- Ursula: So, this is what a man who always wins looks like.
- Mr. Gold: I assure you, Ursula, my situation is only temporary.
- Ursula: Really? How you gonna fix that? Play the lotto?
- Cruella: Whatever you're up to, it'll never work. The game is rigged. The villains never win. Why don't you join us? Perhaps we can change the game together.
- Rumplestiltskin: You severely underestimate me, dearie. I always win. And I win alone. I certainly don't need to join you "Queens of Darkness".
- Marian: I see the way you two look at one another. And I understand. For me, it's only a short time that I've been away. But for him, years have passed. His heart moved on. He's in love with you, Regina. And I think that you're in love with him.
- Regina: Well, it doesn't really matter. He's a man of honor. He made a vow to you, and he's going to keep it.
- Marian: I don't want him to be with me out of obligation. I want to be chosen. If his heart leads him to me, fine. But if it does what I suspect and leads to you... I will step out of the way.
Darkness on the Edge of Town [4.12]
- Cruella: Now, who's going to tell me what the hell I'm doing in this ghastly place?
- Maleficent: Lovely question. Because this "ghastly place" is my home. And I didn't ask for any visitors.
- Rumplestiltskin: We all have something in common... apart from mutual distaste. We're villains. And it's time the villains got their happy endings.
- Mr. Gold: Our collective frustrations are because of his will, not our missteps.
- Cruella: I suppose that's better than blaming bad judgement and gin.
- Maleficent: [about to face the Chernabog] You want darkness? I'll give you darkness!
- David: We gotta talk.
- Cruella: Oh, so the Prince wants a chat? Okay, handsome. Talk.
- Mary Margaret: This is our town. Now, if you've really turned over a new leaf, you're welcome to stay.
- Ursula: My, aren't we generous?
- Mary Margaret: On one condition. No one must ever know what happened between us in the Enchanted Forest. And if you say one single word to anyone, especially Emma...Well, you won't have to worry about the Evil Queen. I'll rip out your hearts myself.
- Belle: One wrong move, and you'll be hopping out of here as toads. Are you here to try kidnapping me again?
- Cruella: Did we do that? They all blur together.
Enter the Dragon [4.14]
- Regina: [after seeing that Emma, David and Hook are accompanying Mary Margaret] I said we should meet covertly. Not only are you here, you brought the entire Charming softball team and their pirate mascot.
- Maleficent: Sorry we couldn't stay to clean up. Have fun last night?
- Regina: Last night? Yes. This morning? No.
Poor Unfortunate Soul [4.15]
- Hook: Your voice can soothe even the most haunted soul.
- Ursula: Never go up against a woman who has eight hands, especially when you only have one.
- Hook: Maybe she was right. Maybe villains can't get their happy endings.
- Ariel: Maybe that's because villains always go about getting them the wrong way.
- Poseidon: Every time I heard you sing, I heard your mother. And it was too painful. I let that pain fuel my desire for vengeance, but it shouldn't have. It should have reminded me that I still had a piece of her. You.
Best Laid Plans [4.16]
- Ursula: The least that Maleficent could have done for her guards is to throw a little dragon's fire our way.
- Cruella: If I'd known it was this cold, darling, I would have grabbed two more puppies and made mittens.
- The Apprentice: If you wish me to perform this magic, you must secure such a vessel. Discuss this amongst yourselves. Make sure you want to proceed. Because once this spell has been enacted, it cannot be reversed.
- Mary Margaret: I'm your mother.
- Emma: I don't care.
- Snow: Do you really think that redemption is possible?
- Charming: Yes. I have to believe we can earn forgiveness. A chance at grace. But to get there, we have to be the best people we can. Work, spread hope and faith every day. Because, otherwise, what we did will stain us forever.
Heart of Gold [4.17]
- Regina: You turned me into a monster. I won't let you do the same thing to Emma.
- Mr. Gold: Is that your final answer? You're choosing the Savior over your beloved Robin Hood?
Sympathy For the De Vil [4.18]
- Cruella: Some people struggle not to be drawn in to the darkness. But ever since I was a little girl, I've said... "Why not splash in and have fun?"
- Maleficent: We need to talk.
- Cruella: Good thing I had my brakes serviced, darling. I do hate having blood on the car.
- Regina: You're acting like a petulant child. Your parents did a bad thing. They apologized. Now get over it.
- Emma: Forgive me if I don't take advice from the woman who held a grudge for half her life because a ten-year-old spilled a secret.
- Madeline: [seeing Cruella use her newfound powers on her dalmatians] What did you do to them?
- Cruella: I simply taught them a new command: Kill.
- Emma: Every time I let Lily in, she rips apart my life.
- Regina: You didn't know our mother, Zelena, but I did. And yet we both suffered.
Operation Mongoose Part 1 [4.21]
- Henry: I'm trying to help you.
- Regina: Help me what?
- Henry: Find your happy ending. In my world, we called it "Operation Mongoose".
Operation Mongoose Part 2 [4.22]
- Henry: [writing his first story as the Author] Thanks to the hero Regina's sacrifice, Isaac's villainous work was undone.
The Dark Swan [5.01]
The Price [5.02]
- Regina: I should be figuring out how to free Merlin, not fox-trotting away across Club Med-ieval.
- Emma: [after Regina blames her for sending the Fury to attack Robin] I did not summon that monster. The price is not mine to pay.
- Regina: Then whose is it?
- Emma: Yours. You are the one who did not pay the price of magic in Camelot. You want to save Robin Hood? You want everyone to believe you're the Savior? Then step up and do what needs to be done!
- Rumplestiltskin: [after Emma fails to remove Excalibur from the stone] Did you really think it would be that simple, dearie? If you want that sword, you're gonna have to pay the price.
Siege Perilous [5.03]
- Leroy: I know Dopey's a tree, but we got to be more productive since he can't.
- Happy: He's producing oxygen.
- Zelena: This child could be my only chance for someone to truly love me, and... You got a second chance. Why can't I?
- Regina: I'm sorry. But you've had a second chance. And a second second chance.
- Mr. Gold: [after realizing the Darkness has fully consumed Emma] What do you want from me? You're the Dark One now. Not me.
- Emma: That's right. You are not dark. You are also not light. You are nothing. Your heart is a blank slate. And that, little man, makes you useful.
The Broken Kingdom [5.04]
- Kay: They call Camelot "The Broken Kingdom" because we have no king, and we never will.
- Regina: You really think giving the dagger to Arthur is the best way to help Emma?
- Mary Margaret: We trust him.
- David: Implicitly.
- Regina: Did you learn those big words at shepherd school?
The Bear and the Bow [5.06]
- Merida: I refused to believe a bow was just something my mother tied to my curly locks.
- Zelena: Your insane girlfriend sped up my pregnancy, kidnapped me right after giving birth, and separated me from my little girl. And they say I'm wicked.
The Bear King [5.09]
- King Fergus: You don't have to worry about me, lass. I'm the Bear King. I faced Mor'du. I can handle whatever the Southern invaders throw at us.
Broken Heart [5.10]
Swan Song [5.11]
- Brennan Jones: Remember, whenever you feel scared, all you have to do is look inside. We're all braver than we think if we just look deep enough. Before you know it, you're gonna be a man, so I'm just trying to prepare you. 'Cause then, you're gonna have to answer life's big question. What kind of man are you going to be?
- Regina: I understand you think Emma betrayed you, but do you really think dragging her family to the Underworld's the answer?
- Hook: This from the woman who enacted the Dark Curse to punish Snow White for telling a secret. You of all people should know how far someone will go for revenge. And unfortunately for you, so do all the people you've killed who are waiting for you in hell.
- Regina: It's time to drop the act. You can't just sit back and watch another family be destroyed to get your revenge.
- Hook: What makes you think I can't?
- Regina: Because of what we swore to never speak of again. I know the real reason you don't want to talk about what you did to your father.
- Hook: I believe we've already had this conversation...
- Regina: But this time you're going to listen. Because, if you don't, you're gonna regret it for the rest of your life. Which, in your case, means forever. So you have to ask yourself the same question you did that night. What kind of man do you want to be?
Souls of the Departed [5.12]
- Hades: Did you hear that, Cora?
- Cora: The music? Yes. But I've never been very fond of the violin.
- Hades: I wouldn't expect a miller's daughter to appreciate a virtuoso like Paganini, but– No, I didn't mean the music. I was talking about the clock.
- [Mr Gold arrives outside the Underworld version of his pawn shop and looks up to see the sign broken. After a few moments, he enters the shop, to see a thread wheel spinning rapidly, He walks further into the shop and sees the chipped cup and it's matching saucer on a table, Gold flashbacks to when he told Belle he was going to the Underworld]
- Belle: The Underworld?
- Mr. Gold: I'll only be gone for a day. Just long enough to retrieve Hook.
- Belle: I– I don't understand. Why you?
- Mr. Gold: Because, Belle, I'm the only who's been there. Plus, my blood can summon the ferry.
- Belle: [Kisses Gold] Just come back to me.
- Mr. Gold: I always do.
- [The flashback ends, Gold is holding the chipped cup in his hands, He puts it back down on the table and then notices his childhood doll on a table, He then makes his way behind the counter, approaches the painting that is attached to the wall behind the counter, and pulls it back, revealing a safe hidden behind the painting, Gold punches in the combination, opens the door, and finds nothing in the safe]
- Peter Pan: [Appears behind Gold] Looking for something?
- Mr. Gold: [Turns to face Pan] Peter Pan. I certainly wasn't looking for you.
- Peter Pan: Oh, come on, son. Don't be like that. Aren't you glad to see your dear old father?
- Mr. Gold: Just because you, uh, sired me, that doesn't make you my father. [Steps out from behind the counter and stops in front of Pan] Step aside.
- Peter Pan: [Moves aside] Keep looking for as long as you like. But down here, this is my shop. And you won't find anything unless I want you to.
- [Mr. Gold continues looking around]
- Mr. Gold: Be careful with your threats.
- Peter Pan: Or what? You'll kill me again? Maybe it's time to put the past behind us. This is what you're looking for, right?
- [Mr. Gold turns around and sees Pan holding a potion in his hand, Pan places it down on the table next to the straw doll]
- Peter Pan: Go on. Take it.
- Mr. Gold: How generous. How many strings are attached?
- Peter Pan: No strings. Rumple, I meant what I said before I died. I– I do want to start over.
- Mr. Gold: Never gonna happen. I sent you here for a reason.
- Peter Pan: I miss the world above, the tastes, the smells.
- Mr. Gold: Sorry. You can't go back.
- Peter Pan: Not unless I trade places with a living soul. And those people you came down with, they are not your friends. And they are living for now. Maybe one of them doesn't make the trip back, but your dear old dad does.
- Mr. Gold: Not interested.
- Peter Pan: Not yet. But– [Picks the potion up] –this one's on the house for today. [Holds the potion out for Gold] A gesture of goodwill, from a father to his son.
- [Gold looks at the potion and then looks at Pan]
Labor of Love [5.13]
- Hercules: You can't let the fear of failing stop you from trying.
- Dead Eye: Are you sure you don't want me to kill her?
- Evil Queen: I won't turn her into a martyr for these people to worship. No. I have to turn them against her. And these miserable people will finally realize the truth. I am meant to be their queen.
- Emma: [after Hades reveals Hook's bloodied hook] What did you do to him?
- Hades: It's not what I've already done you should worry about now. It's what I'm about to do.
Devil's Due [5.14]
- Peter Pan: [Voiceover as Mr. Gold reads the note] My son, this shop is yours to do with as you wish. And my offer still stands. Use what's in the case when you want to accept it, and we can be a family again. Your father.
- Fendrake: I know who you are, Dark One.
- Rumplestiltskin: Well, I imagine you do.
- Fendrake: You weren't like this before.
- Rumplestiltskin: That's right. I was a mortal man then. And a moral one. A man in a desperate situation. And you took advantage. And I admire that a great deal. Full points. But I don't like carrying debt.
- Fendrake: Unfortunately, Dark One, the contract is binding. Even if I wanted to change it, I couldn't. You owe me.
- Rumplestiltskin: [Giggles] I owe you! That's right, but I can't owe a debt to a dead man. [Rips out Fendrake's heart] Now– I don't like debts. But I do love a loophole. [Crushes Fendrake's heart and kills him]
- Hades: [after summoning Fendrake and revealing him to Gold] Remember him? You two had a contract. You tried to void it by killing him during a certain potentially baby-making liaison with your protege, the Evil Queen's mother Cora. You rascal! [chuckles] Which seemed smart at the time, but it turns out death doesn't actually nullify a contract. Not down here. Because here he is. And here's the contract– [produces the contract] which he just signed over to me. So, just to be super extra clear, at any time, I can cash in the debt and take your baby. All magic comes with a price. And now, Dark One, the price is you work for me.
The Brothers Jones [5.15]
- Hook: Can't wait to see the look on his face when he learns a valuable lesson: One should never mess with the Brothers Jones.
Our Decay [5.16]
- Hades: [after deducing Zelena is thinking about Regina] You know how some people say they look up to their older siblings like gods? Well, my older brother is a god. Zeus. Ever hear of him? He got everything he ever wanted. He rules Mount Olympus while I'm trapped ruling the Underworld. He stopped my heart. Love, happiness, joy... They've all been taken from me. What I'm left with is only anger and a thirst for vengeance.
- Regina: When I was the Evil Queen, I spent every day not giving a damn about anyone. And in return, no one cared about me. I thought all I needed was my vengeance to keep me warm at night. But then something happened. My enemies became my family... and that's when I finally felt happy.
- Zelena: [after learning that Hades brought her to the Underworld because he loves her] You made me my very own Storybrooke?
- Hades: I gave you what you wanted, what she had. It's not... perfect. The Underworld is a place of, uh... well, destruction. Despite my best intentions, things don't grow here. They decay. But it's our decay.
Her Handsome Hero [5.17]
- Gaston: Her Handsome Hero... Interesting. Wouldn't have picked you for a fan of cheap romance.
- Belle: No! No. This is not like that. This book is about compassion and forgiveness– the things that truly make a hero.
Ruby Slippers [5.18]
- Ruby: You left without saying anything.
- Dorothy: I was afraid. I couldn't lose you to Zelena.
- Ruby: Well, yeah, but– I almost lost you.
- Dorothy: You didn't. You came back for me.
- Ruby: I always will.
- Young Regina: [while watching Young Zelena being removed from the Royal Manor] No matter what she does, we're sisters! And nothing can change that! I will find you! I promise!
- [Peter Pan approaches Mr. Gold and Zelena]
- Zelena: Who's this?
- Mr. Gold: Well, he's what I like to call a loophole. Zelena, meet my father, Peter Pan.
- Peter Pan: I hear you're wicked. Well, I'm much worse. [Throws a sack on Zelena]
- [In the Underworld version of Granny's Diner, Hades has ripped the contract on Gold and Belle's unborn child up]
- Hades: There. Now give her back.
- Mr. Gold: Oh, you can have her back.
- Peter Pan: But we didn't say anything about her heart, did we? You see, my body is ready to walk the earth again. Except for one thing. A living heart. So, if you don't mind. [Pulls his hand back]
- Zelena: My heart has got a protection spell on it.
- Peter Pan: You may be good at magic, but we're better.
- [Pan tries to rip Zelena's heart out of her chest, but Emma arrives in the diner and magically blasts him back]
- Emma Swan: [Approaches Hades] You sure about that?
- Hades: I was beginning to think you couldn't get in.
- Emma Swan: Locks don't bother me much. He ripped up the contract like you wanted, so leave.
- Peter Pan: Since when does the Savior answer to the king of Death?
- Emma Swan: Since he's the one getting my family home.
- Mr. Gold: You picked the wrong team to back, Ms. Swan. [Points at Hades] You won't get what you want from him.
- Emma Swan: Really? Because you just did, which is making me wonder why you're still here.
- Mr. Gold: Yeah, I suppose you have a point. [Teleports away, with Emma, Zelena, Pan, and Hades watching him]
- Peter Pan: [Seeing that Gold has teleported away] Rumple.
- Zelena: Looks like your little boy only came for what he wanted.
- Emma Swan: And I don't think you're gonna be that lucky.
- [Pan lets go of Zelena and teleports away, with Emma, Zelena, and Hades watching him]
[In the Underworld version of the pawn shop, Gold goes into the back room where Belle is sleeping in a bed, he approaches her and tries to kiss her to wake her up, but is unable to, Gold hears a noise in the main part of the shop, steps into the main part of the shop, and sees that Pan has arrived in the pawn shop]
- Peter Pan: She may not accept you for who you are, but I will. Despite your rude abandonment of me earlier.
- Mr. Gold: Touching, Papa. Yes, abandonment hurts, doesn't it? But with the contract gone, I only care about one thing: Getting Belle home so her father can wake her.
- Peter Pan: I'd love to help you make the journey. But that's going to be quite difficult since I didn't get the heart you promised me.
- Mr. Gold: Oh, there's the man I remember. Always thinking about what's in it for himself.
- Peter Pan: There's something in it for you, too. [Reveals Pandora's Box in his hand] Pandora's Box. [Steps towards Gold] You can keep her safe in here in exchange for a heart. Otherwise, you both might lose out and miss that portal home. [Turns to the window] Opening soon. [Turns to Gold] But only till sunset. So, do we have a deal? Tick, tock.
- [Gold looks at Pandora's Box and then looks at Pan]
- Henry: What about Operation Firebird? We can't leave the Underworld without helping the people trapped here.
- Regina: They were trapped here because of Hades, who, fortunately for them, will no longer be a resident.
- [Robin goes behind a couple of bookselves to try and compose himself, he hears a noise]
- Robin Hood: Who's there? [Turns around and finds Gold standing in front of him]
- Mr. Gold: It's just me, Dearie. Don't worry. You'll remember none of this. [Rips Robin's heart out of his chest]
- [In the pawn shop, Gold, holding a heart-sized pouch containing a heart, opens the door of the pawn shop and enters the pawn shop where Pan is waiting]
- Peter Pan: Where have you been? We're running out of time.
- Mr. Gold: [Closes the door of the pawn shop] Still can't bring yourself to trust little Rumple, can you, Papa? [Approaches a table and puts the pouch down on it]
- Peter Pan: You always were a touchy boy.
- [The portal at the cemetery starts rumbling]
- Peter Pan: I take it that means it's not going to be open much longer.
- [Gold opens the pouch and looks at the heart that is inside]
- Peter Pan: Shall we?
- Mr. Gold: Not quite yet. Timing is everything. [Turns to Pan] Have patience, Papa.
- [The portal at the cemetery continues rumbling, Pan becomes terrified]
- [In the pawn shop, Pan looks out the window]
- Peter Pan: It's nearly time. [Turns around and walks towards Gold] We should go. We don't want to miss our ticket home.
- Mr. Gold: [Takes the heart out of the pouch and approaches Pan] Now, are you ready?
- Peter Pan: Yes. [Places his hand on Gold's arm] Thank you, son.
- Mr. Gold: Pleasure's all mine, Papa. [Places the heart in Pan's chest]
- Peter Pan: [Feels something inside his chest] Wait, something– [Leans onto Gold for support] Wait, something's wrong.
- Mr. Gold: Does it feel different than you remembered?
- Peter Pan: [Coughs] What's happening? What did you do?
- Mr. Gold: That wasn't really Robin Hood's heart I put inside you. I knew you or your shadow could be watching. Whilst you were otherwise distracted, I returned Robin's heart to him.
- Peter Pan: What did you put in me?
- Mr. Gold: A wineskin I glamoured, filled with water from the River of Souls.
- Peter Pan: [Horrified] No. Why?
- Mr. Gold: Villains don't get happy endings, Papa. And I'm here to make sure you never get yours. [Pushes Pan to the floor and watches him dissolve into green smoke] Goodbye, Papa. For good this time.
Last Rites [5.21]
- [Mr. Gold goes into Regina's office and finds Hades' ashes on the floor]
- Mr. Gold: You should have taken my deal. [Digs through Hades' ashes to take the Olympian Crystal out] Like I told you, this is my kingdom.
Only You [5.22]
- [Mr. Gold arrives at the library where Henry and Violet are]
- Mr. Gold: Hello, Henry.
- Henry: Violet, get behind me. You're not getting this. Not without a fight.
- Mr. Gold: Too bad you're gonna lose. [Magically renders Henry and Violet unconscious and takes the Olympian Crystal from Henry]
An Untold Story [5.23]
- Mr. Hyde: You know, I've been looking for a place like this for quite some time; a land where all the world's lost and forgotten stories can play themselves out. And now that I've brought them here, that is exactly what they're going to do.
The Savior [6.01]
- Jafar: You give and give and give… and for what? They pick the fruit, they cut the branches and all that's left is this... shaky stump. That's why you never, ever hear these words about a Savior: "They lived happily ever after."
- Regina: My life was never just one story. It was many stories. To some, a villain. I hurt people... in ways I can never make up for. To others, I'm... a hero. They've seen my strength, my ability to do the hard things, even when I thought I couldn't. I want to start a new story. One where the Evil Queen doesn't get a part. And I choose to believe that this story will have a better ending than my last.
A Bitter Draught [6.02]
- Regina: [speaking to the refugees from the Land of Untold Stories] You fled to the Land of Untold Stories because you were afraid that whatever was in this book is going to play out. But, now that you're here, I'm sure you're scared it will. But what you don't realize is I'm just like you. I'm also getting a fresh start and I don't know what the future holds either. But I do know one thing. We don't have to be afraid of anything. Because, whatever comes next, we're going to face it. Together.
The Other Shoe [6.03]
- Emma: [after learning that the Evil Queen wants to make her watch Ashley lose her happy ending] I saved her once. I'll save her again.
- Evil Queen: That's the tragic thing about being a savior. You have to keep saving people. But once you're off the chessboard, everything falls apart. All those happy endings turn to dust and your entire life means nothing.
Strange Case [6.04]
- Mary: When you walked into the parlor the other night, I saw the way the others looked at you. They were afraid. But I wasn't. I saw a man unencumbered by fear or by social obligation. How... how do you do that? How are you so free of it all?
- Mr. Hyde: I don't know. Perhaps I was simply... made that way.
Street Rats [6.05]
- Aladdin: She was the first person to believe I could be more than just a selfish street rat. I can't see the look in her eyes when she realizes that's exactly what I am.
- Emma: I was... I am a street rat, too. I made plenty of mistakes. But I've known people who kept me strong, who cared about me as much as Jasmine clearly cares about you. Maybe the real mistake was keeping the savior burden to yourself?
Dark Waters [6.06]
- Captain Nemo: This key will open the gateway to a place called the Mysterious Island. It is a place where we can start over. This is your chance, Killian. You don't have to swim the dark waters any longer.
- Evil Queen: I've dreamt of this moment for so long, Snow White. I'd wake up still feeling the grit of your crushed heart clinging to my palms. But that ending isn't poetic enough, is it? I want to give you my pain. The pain of being alone.
I'll Be Your Mirror [6.08]
- Henry: [to the Evil Queen] You may not see it, but I'm strong. Because my moms taught me that family makes you stronger than you'll ever be by yourself. And that's something you'll never have. Because you'll always be alone.
- Gold: When we met, I told you I was a difficult man to love. But more than that, I think I think I'm a man no one can love. But this son... With him, I can start over. Maybe he can love me.
- Belle: Not like this. Don't give up, Rumple. I never wanted you to be perfect. I just wanted you to try.
- Gold: I have. And look what's happened. I've only ever pushed you away. Now, uh, I... I'm afraid all I really have is this. Magic.
- Belle: And it may get you your son. But you know there's a price. You won't just push me away again. You'll lose me forever. Is that a price that you're willing to pay?
- Rumplestiltskin: Why did you abandon me?
- Black Fairy: Funny that the Dark One should ask such a thing. Sometimes you have to choose power over love.
Wish You Were Here [6.10]
- Evil Queen: Genie of Agrabah, I wish that Emma Swan's wish – to have never been the Savior – be granted.
Tougher Than The Rest [6.11]
Murder Most Foul [6.12]
Ill-Boding Patterns [6.13]
- Gideon: I was a coward, Father. Just like you. But we can show your mother that she was wrong about both of us.
Page 23 [6.13]
- Mary Margaret: Isn't that...
- Regina: Page 23. The page that magically appeared to me with what I thought could be an ending to my story with Robin. A happy ending. Instead, it was just a cruel twist of fate, showing me an ending that could never be.
- Emma: [after catching Hook about to burn a dreamcatcher containing his memories of killing David's father] How could you do this?
- Hook: I've been asking myself the same question, and all I can say is that I was a broken man for a very long time, and I did horrendous things.
- Emma: I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about this. You were about to burn your own memories. Why would you do that?
- Hook: Because I was ashamed, Emma, and scared of losing you and everything that matters to me.
- Emma: And you really think that would happen after everything we've been through?
- Hook: You tell me. How am I supposed to sit across from your mother and father at the table and look them in the eye after what I've done?
- Emma: I'm not saying it would be easy. You know them. You know they would forgive you. That's who they are.
- Hook: This isn't just about them. This is about me. I already destroyed my own family once, and that was hard enough, but knowing that I destroyed yours, too, I just ... I didn't know how I could live with that.
- Emma: You come to me, Hook, and you lean on me and you trust me. We have to stop hiding things from each other. The man I fell in love with would know that. You would know that we would do things together.
- Hook: Emma...
- Emma: That is what I agreed to marry. That is what I thought that we were together. Until you're ready for that ... [takes off her engagement ring and hands it back to Hook] Then we can talk.
The Final Battle, Part 2 [6.23]
- Mr. Gold: Gideon. You have his heart.
- Fiona: Yes, And I commanded him to kill the savior. Not even my death can stop that. In fact, I suspect it would ensure it.
- Mr. Gold: Well– there's only one way to find out. [Uses Fiona's wand to turn her into dust]
Hyperion Heights [7.01]
- Lucy: You returned all the happy endings. And now, my mom and all the others need you to do it again. The curse put most people in Hyperion Heights, but–
- Henry: I hear that's an up-and-coming neighborhood. Doesn't really sound like a curse to me.
- Henry: You're the Alice? From Wonderland?
- Alice: And other places! Gah, you have one weird trip and it's all anyone knows about you.
- Tiana: [after being approached by a servant bearing a platter of frog legs] Oh... Frog legs. No. No, thank you.
- Victoria: Go back to your books, your fairylands, whatever nonsense you write. Because in this world, the real world, people get hurt. And if that happens, you'll be sorry you ever stepped foot on this street.
- Victoria: You'll regret this, Roni.
- Roni: Doubtful. Regret's not really my thing.
A Pirate's Life [7.02]
- Killian Jones: [referring to Henry] Look, he's grown into a fine young lad, and he is lucky to have a mother like you.
- Emma Swan: He's lucky to have a pirate like you.
The Garden of Forking Paths [7.03]
- Jacinda: You see, this garden isn't what it was supposed to be. I couldn't see that. But my Lucy did. She never stopped believing in it for a second. We're gonna show Victoria Belfrey that, when you truly believe in something... you can change things.
- Regina: You stayed in that depressing manor home. You let your stepmother walk all over you and call you "Cinder... ella". But, you know... there's a reason for that. You're punishing yourself. Take my advice. If you want to take this woman down, the first thing you got to do... is forgive yourself.
- Tilly: I finally understand. I just had to see the whole picture, the whole story. See, we all have stories. I have a story. This troll has a story. Even you, Mr. Weaver, have a story. And it's a thing of beauty.
- Gold: [after seeing Belle rattle off items on the checklist for one-year-old Gideon's birthday party] Relax... It's a children's birthday party. As long as everyone turns up and Gideon ends up with birthday cake all over his face, it's a success.
- Ivy: Lucy and Jacinda may be apart, but they will always have each other. And I'm all alone. Not that I expect you to understand. You're practically already a part of her little insta-family.
- Henry: You want to talk about being alone? Until last week, the only human contact I had was with my Swyft riders.
- Dr. Facilier: The wealth dried up like a raisin in the sun and the people suffered without a strong ruler. And that's why you've come to me, is it not? To find that strong ruler, that prince who can save you and your kingdom.
- Tiana: But how did you know I was looking for a prince?
- Dr. Facilier: It's my job, isn't it? And in this business, it's all about who you know. I don't like to drop names, but I do have a few friends... on the other side.
Wake Up Call [7.06]
- Ivy: Welcome back... Regina.
- Regina: All those years... A blink of an eye for us and you... you lived a lifetime with Belle? It's difficult to comprehend.
- Mr. Gold: You know, we had a good life. And it made me a new man. That's why I'm here in this realm. Finally ready to pass on the power of the Dark One. The right way.
Eloise Gardener [7.07]
- Rogers: [after Weaver accuses him of being obsessed with the Eloise Gardener case] I'm gonna find Eloise Gardener. And I won't let you, Victoria Belfrey, or anyone else stop me.
Pretty in Blue [7.08]
- Cinderella: I know that where you come from, true love always wins. But mine is a world of broken promises where people never find each other.
One Little Tear [7.09]
- Rapunzel: I'll apologize for taking some food, but I won't apologize for trying to help my family. My husband is sick. My kids have gone two days without a bite.
- Gothel: Many people come here in an attempt to steal my magic. And yet, here you are selflessly risking my ire for radishes... It's rare to find a flower that can grow amongst the weeds of human nature.
The Eighth Witch [7.10]
- Regina: I can't just– can't just cast a curse. It takes time and– ingredients–
- Drizella: Eight, to be exact. And I have seven of them right here. The only one I'm missing – the most important one, and, of course, the hardest to find – is magic from a witch who crushed the heart of the thing she loves most. So– Regina, what'll it be? My curse or his life?
Secret Garden [7.11]
A Taste of the Heights [7.12]
- Jacinda: And speaking of cool, tonight's the night– Taste of the Heights is happening.
- Lucy: A food fair in an abandoned skate park? Oh, that's so cool!
The Girl in the Tower [7.14]
- Robin: Wow. So you're the girl in the tower.
- Alice: I got out of that tower years ago.
- Nick: So, how do you do a Hansel hunt? You stake out the lederhosen stores? Dust for gingerbread? Look for breadcrumbs?
- Weaver: So how does it feel to finally be chosen before Regina?
- Nick: I was so tired of being Hansel. You know, carrying his scars. So I picked a new name. Jack was simple. Jack had no past. And then when we slayed all those giants and you decided I was Jack the Giant Killer. And suddenly I... I was a hero.
The Guardian [7.18]
Flower Child [7.19]
Is This Henry Mills? [7.20]
- [Weaver, Tilly, and Margot stand against Mother Gothel]
- Weaver: She was never with you. And now she's gonna be the one who stops you.
- Tilly: What? No. I can't fight her. She's a monster. She's too strong.
- Rogers: [Approaches them] Not half as strong as you, Alice.
- Tilly: Papa, please.
- Rogers: I know you're afraid.
- Tilly: You're hurting yourself. You're– You're growing weak.
- Rogers: No, I'm finally growing strong. You make me stronger.
- Mother Gothel: Yet every step you take, your heart grows weaker.
- Rogers: You can do this. I'm here with you. [Takes Tilly's hand]
- Margot: [Takes Tilly's other hand] And so am I.
- Mother Gothel: Don't be a fool. Join your mother and defend your home.
- Tilly: You are not my mother. You wanna ruin me the way the world ruined you. But I'm not like you. I'm not an outcast. I'm not an orphan or a street rat or some crazy girl who's lost her way. You chose hate. But I choose love. [Transforms Mother Gothel into a tree and walks over to her] I'm sorry your life twisted into something you never meant it to. I promise I will do better. For everyone. [Grows flowers on the tree]
- Henry: [In his personal essay] Dear Mom, this is the personal essay I wanted to send, but couldn't. It's titled "Once Upon a Time." And it's the story of us. Sometimes, you have to leave home. And you've been there for so long, you don't know who or what you'll be outside of it. But then you realize every experience, every trial, every moment has shaped you. And you take that place with you no matter where you go next. I'm lucky. I have an incredible home. You won't find it on a map. But in it, you will find magic. You find love, hope, and something to believe in. You'll find a family that fights for one another, who never gives up on each other. And even when they're separated by curse or distance or time, they find each other. They always find each other. I wish the world could know the story of my family, how it was all true, how every moment of it happened. And you may think this is just a story. But that's the thing about stories. They're more than words. They live inside of us. They make us who we are. And as long as someone believes that, there will always be magic.
- Baron Samdi: That's what I thought, you're a shadow of your former self. It's sad. Trying to get back to your beloved has made you the worst version of you. [Gets stabbed in the back by Wish Realm Rumplestiltskin]
- [Henry and Roni find Wish Realm Peter Pan imprisoned in a pillory]
- Roni: Peter Pan? What happened to you? What happened to this land?
- Wish Realm Peter Pan: My son happened. He never forgives, and he never forgets. Guess neither of us grew up.
- Henry: Your son took my family. I need to know where they are.
- Wish Realm Peter Pan: Your guess is as good as mine. But I recommend you abandon all hope of finding them and leave. Because while good things come into my son's castle, they never come out.
- [Wish Realm Rumplestiltskin sends Henry, Rogers, and Weaver into the snowglobe where Jacinda and Lucy are]
- Roni: Henry! Where'd they go?
- Wish Realm Rumplestiltskin: I reunited Henry and the others with his family. Bound to be quite the reunion.
- Roni: Then why am I still here?
- Wish Realm Henry: Because we're finally back to what I'm getting out of this. I watched you crush my grandparents' hearts and take away my mom. And that story still needs its ending.
Leaving Storybrooke [7.22]
- [Weaver and Rogers try to break the glass of the snowglobe]
- Weaver: Our spirit's gonna break long before that glass.
- Rogers: We should try another area. There must be a weak spot.
- Weaver: There's that unshakable determination, however misguided. That's the reason why I kept you as a partner, Detective. That and your good heart.
- Rogers: Well, seeing as we're allowing certain death to bring up secret truths, I do have to ask you– given the amount of power that you once held, how come you never used it to destroy me?
- Weaver: Because you were the closest thing I ever had to a friend.
- [Wish Realm Henry has Roni at swordpoint]
- Wish Realm Henry: You knew I wouldn't listen to you, so why did you come here?!
- Roni: I had to.
- Wish Realm Henry: No, you didn't! What do you want from me?!
- Roni: I just want you to know that you weren't alone. Because I know what that's like, too.
- Wish Realm Henry: You deserve to be alone, and that's how you're going to die.
- Roni: I know you think I'm a villain whose life isn't worth saving, but yours means everything to me– All versions of it. So if this is how I have to go out– Showing you that there are people in the world that love you, no matter what you do– Oh, then– that's a worthy end for me.
- [Wish Realm Henry drops his sword and the portals close]
- Roni: Oh, Henry. [Hugs Wish Realm Henry]
- [Weaver stands against Wish Realm Rumplestiltskin]
- Weaver: You are the Dark One. As was I. And I know all our little secrets. Becoming the Dark One was the act of a coward, but I'm no longer that man. You are. And that weak coward will not be the Rumplestiltskin the world remembers.
- Wish Realm Rumplestiltskin: So what's your plan then? Talk me to death?
- Weaver: Oh, my plan is– to do whatever it takes.
- Tilly: No, the line of the Guardians is gone. You'll never be with Belle!
- Weaver: I know that. But I also know– you don't do the right thing for a reward. You do it because it's right. Now I've been selfish for too long. I've been living on stolen time. Now I will finally face the unknown. [Rips his heart out and puts it in Rogers' chest]
- Wish Realm Rumplestiltskin: [While dissolving into dust] No more Rumple?
- Roni: [After being crowned "The Good Queen"] I thought my story came to an end a long time ago. And then, new people came into my life. People who gave me a second chance. I can't wait to see what's in store for me next. Well, for everyone. I refuse to believe there won't be more adventures, more love, more family. And yes, there will be more loss. Because that's just a part of life. And in the end, we can get past it all. With hope.
- Jennifer Morrison - Emma Swan
- Ginnifer Goodwin - Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard
- Josh Dallas - Prince Charming/David Nolan
- Lana Parrilla - The Evil Queen/Regina Mills
- Jared S. Gilmore - Henry Mills
- Robert Carlyle - Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold
- Meghan Ory - Red Riding Hood/Ruby
- Raphael Sbarge - Jiminy Cricket/Archie Hopper (Main - Season 1)
- Jamie Dornan (2011-2012) - The Huntsman/Sheriff Graham
- Emilie de Ravin - Belle/Lacey
- Colin O'Donoghue - Killian Jones/Captain Hook
- Michael Raymond-James - Baelfire/Neal Cassidy