Open All Hours
Open All Hours is an English situation comedy created and written by Roy Clarke for the BBC. It ran for 26 episodes in four series, which aired in 1976, 1981, 1982, and 1985, respectively. It was broadcast on BBC2 for the first series, and thereafter on BBC1.
The Man from Down Under
- Mavis: I find life is so complicated.
- Mrs Featherstone: It is, unless you keep it in its place.
- Mavis: I thought I'd be used to it by now.
- Mrs Featherstone: Well, I'm not a religious woman, but I've found if you say "No" to everything, you can hardly tell the difference.
The Cool Cocoa Tin Lid
Arkwright reminisces about Granville's second cousin, Ethel, who conducted séances:
- Arkwright: Night after night she used to try; and then one night, out of the blue—or, out of the black, rather—suddenly there came this knock.
- Granville: A visitor from the spirit world!
- Arkwright: Well, in a way, yes. He was a chap who worked at the off-licence.
The Mystical Boudoir of Nurse Gladys Emmanuel
- Arkwright: Look at me when I'm lying to you.