Jump to navigation Jump to search
Opening Night is a 1977 drama film about an actress who suffers an emotional uproar in her personal life after a fan dies trying to see her.
- Written and directed by John Cassavetes.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I thought that small talk was too small, I thought big talk was too pretentious, I thought music was noise, and I thought art was bullshit.
- Bobby: I've seen a lot of drunks in my day, but I never seen anyone as drunk as you and still be able to walk. You're fantastic.
- Nancy Stein: I never bothered you. You want to kill me. I devoted my life to you. To movies, to music, to theatre. I'm 17 years old. I like sex. I like to turn people on. And that's what the theatre is: sex. It's like getting laid.
- Myrtle Gordon: Um, what did you do to her?
- Sarah Goode: Just please tell me what this play doesn't express.
- Myrtle Gordon: Hope.
- Maurice Aarons: You're not a woman to me anymore. You're a professional. You don't care about anything, do you? You don't care about personal relationships, love, sex, affection.
- Myrtle Gordon: Okay.
- Maurice Aarons: I have a small part. It's unsympathetic. The audience doesn't like me. I can't afford to be in love with you.
- Myrtle Gordon: Good night.
- Maurice Aarons: Yeah, good night.
- Gena Rowlands - Myrtle Gordon
- Ben Gazzara - Manny Victor
- Joan Blondell - Sarah Goode
- Paul Stewart - David Samuels
- Zohra Lampert - Dorothy Victor
- John Cassavetes - Maurice Aarons
- Laura Johnson - Nancy Stein
- Lady Rowlands - Melva Drake
- Opening Night quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Opening Night at Allmovie
- Opening Night at Rotten Tomatoes