Operation Y and Other Shurik's Adventures
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Leonid Gaidai. Written by Leonid Gaidai and Yakov Kostyukovsky. Consists of 3 novels: Workmate (Naparnik, Напарник), Delusion (Navazhdeniye, Наваждение) and Operation Y (Операция «Ы»).
- And how about kompote?!
- to Shurik: Why, you are sighted! You're gonna be blind now!
- Okay, bay further how our space ships furrow... the Bolshoi Theatre. And I'll sleep.
- If I stand up, you'll lie down.
- Work is idle, [but] the term goes on.
- You have a gain in roubles, and I have it in days [of the term].
- Today people must be treated with more kindness. And the questions needs a wider consideration.
- So, you think I got fifteen day term? No, that's both of us who got fifteen day term
- He who does not work, shall eat! (Fedya's parody of a proverb "He who does not work, neither shall he eat!")
- Shurik, are you a Komsomolets? This is not our way!
- Yeah, stuck, four-eyed? Wait, soon you will be dressed in a wooden coat, and music will be playing in your house, but you won't hear it!
- Works Manager: While our space ships furrow the vast of the Universe... <his voice blacked out by a strong noise of parquet-making device> ... you are sleeping!
- Shurik (preparing to give Fedya whipping): It's necessary, Fedya! It is!
- Works manager: If you put one on another all the storeys we have built in the last tree months, that would be a building 5 times taller than the famous Notre Dame de Paris, which is translated as "Cathedral of Paris Mother of God".
- Fedya: Of whose mother? (hinting to a common Russian profane expression)
- Works manager: Of Paris... God's mother.
- The strict policeman: Well, citizens - alcoholics, hooligans and drones. Who wants to work? Works orders for today are: sand pit, two persons...
- A prisoner: Voice the list in full, please...
(Fedya refuses to let a young pregnant woman sit on his place)
- A passenger in a bus: Shame on you! She's prepairing to become a mother!
- Fedya: And I'm prepairing to become a father!
- Fedya: Listen, did you have any accidents on the construction site?
- Shurik: No, not one so far
- Fedya:There will be then! Come along!
Segment "Operation Y"
- Everything is stolen before us.
- Experienced: Uh, darn you...! Peculator of socialistic property!
- Coward: Could you tell me how many degrees below zero it is now?
- Experienced: So, what's the deal?
- Warehouse manager: Three hundred roubles.
- Experienced: This is not serious!
- Warehouse manager: Your conditions?
- Fool: Three hundred and thirty!
- Warehouse manager: Agreed.
- Experienced: To each of us!
- Warehouse manager: Agreed...
- Warehouse manager: You should have drawn her attention by asking a simple casual question. But what did you ask?
- Coward: «How can I get to a library?»...
- Warehouse manager: At three o'clock after midnight! Idiot...
(While rehearsing a burglary in the manager's own barn, referring to a bottle of vodka)
- Warehouse manager: Cretin...! You shouldn't to steal this bottle, but to break it!
- Fool: To break it?
- Warehouse manager: To break it!
- Fool: Half a liter.
- Warehouse manager: Half a liter.
- Fool: In pieces?!
- Warehouse manager: Sure, in pieces!
- Fool (angrily): Just you wait!!
- Warehouse manager: No, no, no, no...!
- Fool: Who are you?
- Shurik: A guard.
- Fool: And where is the gran?
- Shurik: I'm instead of her.
- Fool: And where is an exit?
- Shurik: Over there. Hands up!
- Fool: See this! (shows him a fig)
- Aleksandr Demyanenko — Shurik
- Aleksei Smirnov — Fedya, the Boor
- Mikhail Pugovkin — The Construction Works Manager
- Natalya Seleznyova — Lida
- Yuri Nikulin — "Fool"
- Georgy Vitsin — "Coward"
- Yevgeny Morgunov — "Experienced"