P. J. Soles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pamela Jayne Soles (July 17, 1950–) is a German-born American actress.
- You laugh a lot on a horror film. Because you get strangled, and someone yells “cut” and everyone starts laughing on the set. But comedy, it’s different because everyone is trying to figure out what is going to get the most laughs so when someone yells cut there’s a lot of “well, maybe this would be funnier” or “the stunt guys didn’t laugh that hard that time, so let’s try something else.” It’s very different.
- A "Totally" Cool Chat with PJ Soles (June 30, 2005)
- There are two different groups of fans. Those who come to the horror conventions are obsessed with Halloween and Carrie. The most surprising thing for them is they look at my other pictures and say, "oh yeah, you were in Stripes!" A lot of them know I was in all those films, but a lot of them don’t know. If I just meet someone on the street, or their head turns at a check-out line, they usually say, "did I go to high school with you?"
- Iconic Actress P.J. Soles on Her Brilliant Career (January 14, 2013)
- For me, if you are a unique singer-songwriter, just go somewhere and play. Play in a club, coffee shop, the street, just get out there and play. There is nothing like the experience of being in front of people, getting them to watch you play live, and receiving feedback. All that is so important. Recording yourself in a bedroom and putting it on YouTube is just not going to get you a record deal. Although, there is always that story where it does because they have three million views. Then you have to back it up with your talent, and you have to have the experience.
- Interview – P.J. Soles (May 22, 2015)