Jump to navigation Jump to search
PEZ is the shortened name of PEZ Candy Inc. It is also the name of two of its product categories, namely:
- pressed, dry candies, straight-edged and shaped like 3/8-inch- (1-cm-) long bricks, and
- pocket mechanical dispensers for such candy.
The name "PEZ" was derived from the German word for peppermint, Pfefferminz, the first PEZ flavor.
- If I could only have one food for the rest of my life? That's easy. PEZ. Cherry flavor PEZ. There's no doubt about it.
- Vern Tessio, Stand by Me (1986)
- She doesn't quite chop his head off. She makes a PEZ dispenser out of him.
- Dwight, Sin City (2005)
- Jerry: So he starts to get up. He spots the PEZ dispenser on the coffee table.
- George: Ah, ah, PEZ dispenser.
- Jerry: He picks it up… he stares at it… It's like he's hypnotized by it. Then he's telling us this story about how when he was a kid he was in the car with his father, and his father was trying to load one of them.
- George: Well, they're hard to load.
- Jerry: Tell me something I don't know. So as the father's trying to load it, he loses control of the car and it crashes into a high school cafeteria. Nobody's hurt, but PEZ is all over the car. And the dispenser was destroyed virtually beyond recognition.
- George: Poor kid.
- Jerry: So as he's telling the story, he starts crying.
- George: What did you do?
- Jerry: What do you think? I gave him my PEZ dispenser.
- George: Wow.
- Jerry: Two hours later he checks into Smither's clinic. I talked to the doctor yesterday. He's doing great on the rehab. He's hooked on PEZ. He's eating them like there's no tomorrow.
- Seinfeld, "The PEZ Dispenser" [3.14], January 15, 1992