PT 109 (film)
PT 109 is a 1963 biographical which depicts the actions of John F. Kennedy in command of Motor Torpedo Boat PT-109 as an officer of the United States Navy during World War II. The movie was adapted by Vincent Flaherty and Howard Sheehan from the book PT 109: John F. Kennedy in World War II by Robert J. Donovan. Cliff Robertson stars as Kennedy.
- Edmund Drewitch: [reading a brief on Kennedy] Seems like all he ever did was go to school. He's had no sea duty. Says here he wrote a book.
- Leon Drawdy: Sounds like he oughta be in charge of a library.
- Charles 'Bucky' Harris: What's the name of the book?
- Edmund Drewitch: 'Why England Slept.'
- Charles 'Bucky' Harris: [around a cigar stub] Got any pictures in it?
- Edmund Drewitch: Pigeons?
- Charles 'Bucky' Harris: Pictures, idiot!
- Edmund Drewitch: He's lookin' for pictures and I'm an idiot.
- Charles 'Bucky' Harris: Good afternoon, sir. Crew's compartment ready for inspection. Harris, Gunner's Mate Second, standing by.
- Cmdr. C.R. Ritchie: Good afternoon.
- [He looks around, and then opens one of the lockers. On the inside of the door is a picture of a luscious pin-up girl]
- Cmdr. C.R. Ritchie: Somebody's kid sister?
- Charles 'Bucky' Harris: Sorry, sir.
- Lt. John F. Kennedy: He's very sorry, sir.
- Cmdr. C.R. Ritchie: Oh, no, no. Don't apologize... the most seaworthy thing I've seen on this boat.
- Most men would have given up...But not the crew of PT 109
- "The Story you wouldn't believe happened...but it did!"
- The true story of Lt. John F. Kennedy's incredible adventure in the South Pacific!
- A band of men left for dead in a flaming sea and their epic heroism and survival!
- Cliff Robertson - LTJG John F. Kennedy
- Ty Hardin - ENS Leonard J. Thom
- James Gregory as CDR C.R. Ritchie
- Robert Culp - ENS George "Barney" Ross
- Grant Williams - LT Alvin Cluster
- Lew Gallo - Yeoman Rogers
- Errol John - Benjamin Kevu
- Michael Pate - Lieutenant Reginald Evans, RANVR
- Robert Blake - Charles "Bucky" Harris
- William Douglas - Gerard Zinser
- Biff Elliot - Edgar E. Mauer
- Norman Fell - Edmund Drewitch
- Sam Gilman - Raymond Starkey
- Clyde Howdy - Leon Drawdy
- Buzz Martin - Maurice Kowal
- James McCallion - Pat McMahon
- Joseph Gallison - Harold Marney
- Sammy Reese - Andrew Kirksey
- Glenn Sipes - William Johnson
- John Ward - John Maguire
- David Whorf - Raymond Albert
- Andrew Duggan - narrator (uncredited)
- George Takei - Helmsman of Japanese destroyer (uncredited)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|