Pacific Heights (film)
Pacific Heights is a 1990 thriller film directed by John Schlesinger and starring Melanie Griffith, Matthew Modine, and Michael Keaton. Griffith's real-life mother Tippi Hedren has a cameo as a rich older woman who is conned by Keaton's character. The original music score was composed by Hans Zimmer. The film's tagline is: "It seemed like the perfect house. He seemed like the perfect tenant. Until they ask him to leave."
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [before sex with Drake] I wish I had spurs.
- [to Drake] You're a brave and stupid man.
- [to James Danforth in the interrogation room] They're lying. These people are completely pathological. They took a 1/2 year's rent from me, and they said I never paid them. They evicted me, they slandered me, they totally destroyed my credit. They physically assaulted me. They threatened my life. And now this. These people are parasites. Florence... [sighs] I am sorry... that you were even touched by any of this. Oh, God, I'm so embarrassed. When I first met you, I was enchanted... didn't I? And was so dazzled. I'm sorry. It's not like I can't prove they're lying. I can prove they're lying. It's gonna take a little time. I'll have to take them to court, I guess. But for right now, it's my word against theirs, isn't it? I don't know what these people want. You know that if they hadn't tied up my trust... I would never ask you for anything. But if the bail isn't paid, I can't get out of here... and I cannot prove to you, sir... what I hope Florence already knows in her heart. At least, I would hope that you know. Look... I'm just asking you to do... whatever it is your heart tells you to do.
- Drake Goodman: [as they are house painting] You have to remember this is an investment, Patty. You can't afford to do everything at once.
- Patty Palmer: It's not just an investment - it's our home.
- Amy: Patty?
- Patty Palmer: Yeah?
- Amy: Do you mind if I ask you why you're selling? I mean, you've done so much to this place. You've obviously put your heart in it.
- Patty Palmer: No, not really. It was just an investment.
- Melanie Griffith - Patty Palmer
- Matthew Modine - Drake Goodman
- Michael Keaton - Carter Hayes/James Danforth
- Laurie Metcalf - Stephanie MacDonald
- Mako - Toshio Watanabe
- Nobu McCarthy - Mira Watanabe
- Dorian Harewood - Dennis Reed
- Tippi Hedren - Florence Peters
- Beverly D'Angelo - Ann Miller
- Carl Lumbly - Lou Baker
- Sheila McCarthy - Liz Hamilton
- Luca Bercovici - Greg
- Jerry Hardin - Bennett Fidlow
- Dan Hedaya - Loan Officer
- D.W. Moffett - Bill
- Barbara Tyson - Amy