Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I am proud to say I am a BJP person. I believe in BJP. Narendra Modi is the voice of the nation ... He is my action hero. He is a visionary person.
- On his political leaning, "I am proud to say I am a BJP person. I believe in BJP. Narendra Modi is the voice of the nation ... He is my action hero. He is a visionary person" The Times of India (20 January 2015)
- PK and other movies, they were cleared by a UPA government’s nominee. They have started creating the problem. Producers should not make controversial movies. Then, there will be no controversy in clearing the movie also.
- Nudity is available online and on certain TV programs like live fashion shows. It should be in sync with the rules followed in films. There should be one policy for nudity.
- On nudity on the internet and television, as quoted in "Censor board chief Pahlaj Nihalani: Time to snip nudity on TV, web" The Times of India (24 January 2015)
- We accepted her as an artist. And with her popularity, everybody, from school kids to grown ups, have watched her sites. People are paying money to watch her. How can there be tolerance for all this? What will the new generation learn?
- On pornstar-turned-actress Sunny Leone, as quoted in "I don't mind being called conservative: Pahlaj Nihalani" The Hindu (26 January 2015)
- Normal civilized people don’t abuse the way we see in films.
- On the depiction of verbal abuse in films, as quoted in "Pahlaj Nihalani: Normal people don’t abuse the way we see in films" The Indian Express (29 January 2015)
- Earlier the films were given an 'A' certificate simply because they had lots of violence and horror, but nowadays there are a lot of sex and double-meaning dialogues. The themes become so predominantly vulgar and we can't possibly edit out a film's theme. So how do we re-censor these films to make them U or U/A?
- On implementing a new policy under which A-rated film cannot be recut and released for television, as quoted in "Shocker! Adult Films Won't Be Re-Censored For TV!" 9xe (9 July 2015)
- This means you want to do sex in your house with your door open. And show to people the way you are doing sex.
- On kissing scenes in films, as quoted in "You want to do sex in your house with your door open" Pune Mirror (22 November 2015)
- I was called sanskaari like an abuse, just because we reduced the length of the kisses in the new James Bond film Spectre. There were jokes about a sanskaari James Bond on Twitter. If I made James Bond sanskaari I am proud of it.
- On being called sanskaari (traditionalist) and reduction of a kissing scene in the film Spectre, as quoted in "I was called 'Sankskaari' as if it was an abuse - Pahlaj Nihalani" Bollywood Hungama (31 December 2015)