|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- A man, a plan, a canal: Panama!
- I took it.
- Theodore Roosevelt on Panama, address in California, 1911.
- A deadly spot the end of the world almost....There are 20,000 British coloured people working on the canal...; they are mostly from Jamaica & smell too revolting for words....the Panamanians are a very queer people, all dagoes of course, though very pompous and dirty.
- Edward VIII of Great Britain, quoted in "Around the World with the Prince of Wales", from Godfrey, 'Letters (31 March – 1 April 1920).
- Who's Britannica to tell me that the Panama Canal was built in 1914? If I want to say that it was built in 1941, that's my right as an American.