Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- A man, a plan, a canal: Panama!
- I took it.
- Theodore Roosevelt on Panama, address in California, 1911.
- A deadly spot the end of the world almost....There are 20,000 British coloured people working on the canal...; they are mostly from Jamaica & smell too revolting for words....the Panamanians are a very queer people, all dagoes of course, though very pompous and dirty.
- Edward VIII of Great Britain, quoted in "Around the World with the Prince of Wales", from Godfrey, 'Letters (31 March – 1 April 1920).
- Who's Britannica to tell me that the Panama Canal was built in 1914? If I want to say that it was built in 1941, that's my right as an American.
- Panama is where criminal capitalism and legal capitalism become one. ... Today in the heart of Panama you can still find the money of Mexican Narcos and major European businessmen. Different origin, same advantages.