Jump to navigation Jump to search
Panic Room is a 2002 thriller film about a divorced woman and her diabetic daughter who take refuge in their newly-purchased house's safe room, when three men break-in, searching for a missing fortune.
It was supposed to be the safest room in the house. (taglines)
- [Officer Keeney tells her she doesn't look good] Well, you don't look so hot yourself, Officer Keeney.
- [After Officer Keeney asked what she meant when she said, "There were three..." on the phone] Look, my husband and I just split up and it's my first night in a new house and I admit I was a little drunk. And the sentence, if you insist on knowing, was going to be, "There are three things that I'll do for you if you come jump into bed with me." Thank God I came to my senses before I said all that, and I hung up so nobody would ever have to know what I was thinking. Unless, of course, two policemen came in the middle of the night and interrogated me.
- [Hearing Meg clicking a striker in the panic room. To Raoul] Turn the gas off. Turn the gas off right now.
- This is what I do; if some idiot with a sledgehammer could break in do you really think I'd still have a job?
- [After shooting Raoul dead. To Meg and Sarah] You're gonna be okay now. [Leaves]
- [Meg smashes the video cameras with a sledgehammer] Why the hell didn't we do that?
- [to Meg over P.A. system after having hand caught in the panic room door] You fucking bitch! You pull any shit like that again, I will fucking kill her! Do you hear me? If you step outside, I'll kill her! If I see a uniform inside this house, I'll cut her fucking throat! Do you understand?
- Meg: Hey. Enough. Mind the pizza?
- Sarah: What do you mean?
- Meg: Our first night. I should've thought of something special.
- Sarah: I like pizza.
- Sarah: Fuck him.
- Meg: Don't.
- Sarah: Fuck her, too.
- Meg: I agree. But don't.
- Meg: [after being told about panic room] This whole thing makes me nervous.
- Lydia Lynch: Why?
- Meg: Ever read any Poe?
- Lydia Lynch: No, but I loved her last album!
- Meg: [gives a goodnight kiss to Sarah] It's disgusting how much I love you.
- Sarah: Tell me about it.
- Meg: [on loudspeaker] Get out of my house!
- Sarah: Say fuck!
- Meg: [on loud speaker] FUCK!
- Sarah: Mom! "Get the fuck out of my house"!
- Meg: [on loudspeaker] Get the FUCK out of my house!
- Sarah: Are you okay?
- Meg: Yeah.
- Sarah: Small space?
- Meg: I'm okay.
- Sarah: You can't wig out.
- Meg: I know.
- Sarah: I mean it.
- Meg: I won't.
- Sarah: You know, people never get buried alive anymore. I guess it used to happen all the time.
- Meg: Really?
- Sarah: Yeah, I read that.
- Meg: And when did this happen all the time?
- Sarah: 20, 30 years ago.
- Meg: What are they doing now?
- Sarah: I don't know.
- Junior: How do we get in to that room?
- Raoul: [Burnham laughs] Hey! What is funny about this?... Is this shit funny to you?
- Burnham: Well, I spent the last 12 years of my life building these rooms specifically to keep out people like us.
- Junior: It's all so ironic and amusing, okay? Now, how do we get in?
- Meg: [about their neighbor] He'll do something.
- Sarah: No he won't.
- Meg: He'll call the police.
- Sarah: You don't know her, mom. She won't let him.
- Meg: No, he knows there is trouble. He heard me. He's right across the park. That's why we got houses so close to each other. Just in case we needed each other. He'll help us!
- Sarah: He won't.
- Meg: [yells] Yes he will! [pauses] I'm sorry.
- Sarah: No, I'm sorry. I was trying not to tell you.
- Meg: What?
- Sarah: I'm dizzy and hungry.
- Burnham: [about the insulin shot] Do you need this?
- [Sarah nods yes]
- Burnham: Can you do it yourself?
- [Sarah shakes her head no]
- Burnham: What happens if you don't get it?
- Sarah: [weak whispering] Coma. Die.
- Raoul: [to Sarah] Don't you look at me.
- Burnham: Hey, all I know about this is what I've seen on TV. You gotta talk me through this. [fills syringe with insulin] Nice house you guys got. Mom's rich?
- Sarah: Dad's rich. Mom's just mad.
- Burnham: Like this?
- Sarah: Tap it.
- Burnham: I wish I could put my kid in a place like this. Not that I didn't try. Just sometimes things they don't work out the way you want them to. Wasn't supposed to be like this. You weren't supposed to be here.
- Sarah: Thanks. [reads jumpsuit] Burnham.
- Burnham: Wasn't supposed to be like this.
- Junior: Any other schoolyard bullshit you wanna settle, or can we get the fuck back to work?
- Raoul: Don't you take no tone with me, jerkwad, 'cause I'll shove it up your ass and snap it off.
- Junior: You know what? You're a bus driver, Raoul! You live in Flatbush! So don't start spouting some Elmore Leonard bullshit you just heard because I saw that movie too.
- Burnham: [about Stephen Altman] He's telling the truth.
- Raoul: Yeah, he's telling the truth... you know how I know? Cause when I do this... [Raoul points the gun at Burnham] ...people don't lie.
- It was supposed to be the safest room in the house.
- Jodie Foster - Meg Altman
- Kristen Stewart - Sarah Altman
- Forest Whitaker - Burnham
- Jared Leto - Junior
- Dwight Yoakam - Raoul
- Patrick Bauchau - Stephen Altman