ParaNorman is a 3D stop-motion animated adventure horror film produced by Laika, distributed by Focus Features and was released on August 17, 2012. The voice cast includes Casey Affleck, Tempestt Bledsoe, Jeff Garlin, John Goodman, Bernard Hill, Anna Kendrick, Leslie Mann, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Elaine Stritch and Tucker Albrizzi. It is the first stop-motion movie to use a 3D color printer to create character faces.
- [about his dead grandmother] She's in the living room.
- THE DEAD ARE COMING!
- I didn't ask to be born this way.
- Everyone in the real world thinks I'm a freak! And you know what, maybe they're right! Maybe I am a freak! But I never asked for your help... just go! GET OUT!
- Don't make me throw this hummus! It's spicy!
- Oh, I understand! I understand that this is all getting completely out of... [zombie hand breaks through the sunroof] HAND!
- [To the mob about to attack Norman] LEAVE HIM ALONE!
- We're all gonna DIE!
- "[To Alvin, who touches her butt]" Hand Alvin my hand
- Neil: So, is it true?
- Norman: What?
- Neil: Do you see ghosts, like, everywhere, all the time?
- Norman: Uh, yeah.
- Neil: Awesome! Do you think you can see my dog, Bub? He was ran over by an animal rescue van. Tragic and ironic. We buried him in the yard. Could you see him?
- Norman: Maybe...
- Neil: Sweet! Come on!
- Neil: Hey, Norman, I don't get why zombies can only eat people. Is it some kind of allergy or something?
- Norman: I think it's more of an allergy, Neil.
- Neil: That's what I said. Like, I'm allergic to a bunch of stuff. But if all I could eat was people, that would get really annoying!
- Norman: It's a big world, Neil. I bet there's lots of flavors of people.
- Neil: Huh? I wonder what flavor of people I am.
- Norman: Couldn't you use another stall?
- Mr. Prenderghast: The witch's curse is real and you're the one who has to stop it. You've gotta use your gift of talking to the dead to stop it! You'll need a little help and a lot of courage. I've been holding back the witch's curse for years, but now I'm dead. It has to be you.
- Norman: But, I don't know what it means.
- Mr. Prenderghast: It means the past is coming back to haunt you. Time is running out! The anniversary of the witch's death is tonight. The ghost is going to wake up tonight and when she does she'll raise the dead. Gotta keep her in her grave!
- Norman: But, I'm just a kid. How am I supposed to stop it?
- Mr. Prenderghast: Read from the book at the spot the witch was buried.
- Norman: This is crazy!
- Mr. Prenderghast: Do I look crazy to you?
- Norman: Uhhhhh...
- This summer, you don't become a hero by being normal
- It's all fun and games until someone raises the dead
- Kodi Smit-McPhee as Norman Babcock
- Jodelle Ferland as Agatha "Aggie" Prenderghast
- Tucker Albrizzi as Neil Downe
- Anna Kendrick as Courtney Babcock
- Casey Affleck as Mitch Downe
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Alvin