Jump to navigation Jump to search
Patricia Lee Smith (born December 30, 1946) is an American singer-songwriter and poet.
- Americans just don't know what being a movie star's all about.
- Cohen, Scott (1976-12-14). Patti Smith: Can You Hear Me Ethiopia?. Circus Magazine.
- Jesus died
For somebody's sins
But not mine.
- Gloria: In Excelsis Deo, from Horses (1975)
- Look around you, all around you
Riding on a copper wave
Do you like the world around you?
Are you ready to behave?
- Rock N Roll Nigger, from Easter (1978)
- He spared the child and spoiled the rod
I have not sold myself to God!
- Babelogue, from Easter (1978)
- People have the power
To redeem the work of fools
Upon the meek the graces shower
It's decreed the people rule.
- People Have the Power, from Dream of Life (1988)
- Life is filled with holes
Johnny's laying there in his sperm coffin
The angel looks down at him and says "Oh, pretty boy
Can't you show me nothing but surrender?
About Patti Smith
- She is a soldier. She will not be defeated.
- Manson, Shirley (2004-04-15). The Immortals: The First Fifty. Rolling Stone Issue 946. Rolling Stone.
- Poets from the United States
- Memoirists from the United States
- Women authors
- Rock singers
- Human rights activists
- Activists from the United States
- Women activists
- Singer-songwriters from the United States
- Women singers
- 1946 births
- Living people
- Punk rock singers
- Guitarists from the United States
- Women guitarists
- Artists from the United States
- Blues rock
- Art punk
- Women from the United States
- People from Chicago
- People from Philadelphia
- People from New Jersey
- Postmodern authors
- Women born in the 20th century