Paul, Apostle of Christ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed and written by Andrew Hyatt.
Their Faith Challenged an Empire. (taglines)
- Mauritius: So, this is how my kindness is repaid? My prison broken into, my guards killed.
- Paul: There will always be those that try and take justice into their own hands.
- Mauritius: You do not take any responsibility?
- Luke: If we were responsible, wouldn't you be in that cell awaiting your own execution?
- Mauritius: How can it be that by words alone, you spit in the face of the Emperor? By words alone, you seem to defy Rome itself. Words do not threaten to destroy empires.
- Paul: Because perhaps they are not just words, they are the truth of things.
- Mauritius: You keep saying truth. Truth. But, it's only a truth according to you. If it were the only truth, everyone would believe it.
- Luke: Not so. Christ, who is truth, rose from the dead. Many still do not believe.
- Mauritius: Lies, fabrications...
- Paul: If Christ had not risen from the dead, then our preaching is useless, and so is our faith.
- Mauritius: Oh, you have no doubts at all?
- Paul: Men do not die for things they doubt.
- Mauritius: You claim you serve a god who is above all other gods, and yet all I see before me is an old man in chains. Your life, a summary of beatings and filthy prison cells.
- Paul: I deserve worse, but...there is grace enough for everyone.
- Mauritius: To be rich, not poor. To be powerful, not weak. To have slaves and servants, not be one.
- Paul: It does not take an intelligent man to look around and know that the world is missing something.
- Mauritius: Do not question the greatness of Rome.
- Luke: And what of the love for a sick daughter? What does Rome offer her?
[Mauritius kicks Luke to the ground and draws out his sword, pointing it at Luke's face.]
- Mauritius: Another word and I send you to whatever god you want.
- Their Faith Challenged an Empire.
- Where Sin Abounds... Grace Abounds More.
- It’s hard for me, too, but when you read about the grisly things that Nero did, what do you do? How do you show that? Or don’t show it … maybe you just talk about it. But we chose to show it, just like The Passion of the Christ. This is the reality of it. Also, the reality is Jesus saying, “Do not be afraid — I go before you always; you see greater that is in me than is in this world.”
- Jim Caviezel, Interview: Jim Caviezel Goes Back to the Bible in ‘Paul, Apostle of Christ’ (February 2, 2018).
- James Faulkner — Paul
- Morgan Freeman — Luke
- Olivier Martinez — Mauritius
- Joanne Whalley — Priscilla
- John Lynch — Aquilla
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|