Paul Marciano (born ca. 1952 in Debdou, Morocco is a Moroccan-born American fashion designer, businessman, investor, and philanthropist. He is the co-founder of Guess? Inc; his black-and-white advertisements have won numerous Clio awards. Initially run by all four Marciano brothers (Paul, Armand, Maurice and Georges), today the company and its extension lines, Marciano and G by Guess, are handled by Paul and Maurice. He is also a large benefactor to one of the larger Sephardic synagogues in Los Angeles.
- We were driving and George stopped the car and said, 'Now look at the billboard.' It was a national campaign for McDonald‘s - 'Guess' which was very big on the left side, and small along the billboard, 'What is in a new Big Mac?' and then a picture of the new hamburger. The 'Guess' was gigantic and the rest was all small. George said, 'This is where I found the name.' We said, 'But it ‘s a hamburger.' He said, 'I love the name.' Then Maurice said, 'Okay, if you use Guess, grammatically you have to put a question mark.' Maurice put the question mark and designed the triangle.
- The ingredients are always the same: from the very beginnings, the Guess women have always been feminine, sensual, self-confident, independent, free and happy. This image is very far from that of traditional models, often too skinny and sad. Our campaigns express an intense yet smiling seduction, strongly different from the vulgarity dominating today’s world.
- We want women to feel more and more beautiful and self-confident. We don’t like to follow trends, we are loyal to our customers’ expectations, of people looking for high-quality products at a reasonable price
- Belief, Follow your Instincts and Never Give Up!
- I started from selling ties from the back of the car and from there to become an influencer in the fashion world. I’m happy my brothers and I could accomplish the American dream and I specifically making my mark in the advertising world- enjoying every day at work.