Peaceful Warrior is a 2006 American film about a chance encounter with a stranger that changes the life of a college gymnast.
There are no ordinary moments.
- Directed by Victor Salva. Written by Kevin Bernhardt, based on the novel Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman.
- The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination.
- There are no ordinary moments.
- Death isn't sad. The sad thing is: most people don't live at all.
- Do you know what's the difference between me and you?
- You practice gymnastics, I practice everything!
- Dan Millman: You know you got two different shoes on, right?
- Socrates: One's a little newer than the other.
- Dan Millman: Sorry, Coach.
- Coach Garrick: Sorry doesn't mean anything.
- Dan Millman: I know more than you think.
- Socrates: And you think more than you know. But knowledge is not the same as wisdom.
- Dan Millman: Yeah? What's the difference?
- Socrates: You know how to clean a windshield, right?
- Dan Millman: Yeah.
- Socrates: Wisdom is doing it.
- Socrates: There's a lot you'd have to know before you could understand what you saw.
- Dan Millman: Go. Ask me. Ask me something. Captain.
- Socrates: Are you happy? You said I could ask you anything.
- Dan Millman: What does happy have to do with anything?
- Socrates: Everything.
- Dan Millman: My dad's got plenty of cash, school's kind of a breeze, I get straight A's. I got great friends, I'm in great shape, and I only sleep alone when I absolutely want to.
- Socrates: So why can't you sleep at night?
- Dan Millman: What would you say if I told you that I keep seeing those shoes in a dream I keep having?
- Socrates: I'd say maybe you're still asleep. You can live a whole lifetime without ever being awake.
- Dan Millman: Hey, Socrates. If you know so much how come you're working at a gas station?
- Socrates: This is a service station. We offer service. There's no higher purpose.
- Dan Millman: Than pumping gas?
- Socrates: Service to others.
- [Dan and Socrates are eating dinner together. Dan is eating with his hands very quickly.]
- Socrates: Slow down. You might taste something.
- Dan Millman: You sure got a lot of rules about stuff, don't you?
- Socrates: Not rules. Things I've learned from my own life experience.
- Socrates: Everyone tells you what to do and what's good for you. They don't want you to find your own answers. They want you to believe theirs.
- Dan Millman: And let me guess. You want me to believe yours.
- Socrates: No. I want you to stop gathering information from outside yourself and start gathering it from the inside.
- Dan Millman: :[Dan laughs] What are you, part of some cult or something?
- Socrates: People are afraid of what's inside and that's the only place they're ever gonna find what they need.
- Dan Millman: Life has just three rules?
- Socrates: And you already know them...
- Dan Millman: Paradox, humour, and change.
- Socrates: Paradox...
- Dan Millman: Life is a mystery. Don't waste time trying to figure it out.
- Socrates: Humour...
- Dan Millman: Keep a sense of humour, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure.
- Socrates: Change...
- Dan Millman: Know that nothing stays the same.
- Socrates:Where are you?
- Dan Millman: Here.
- Socrates: What time is it?
- Dan Millman: Now.
- Socrates: What are you?
- Dan Millman: This moment.