Peaky Blinders (TV series)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peaky Blinders (2013-2017) is a crime drama TV series created for BBC Two by Steven Knight about the exploits of the Romani Peaky Blinders gang, operating in Birmingham, England during the aftermath of World War I.
- 1 Season 1
- 2 Season 2
- 3 Cast
- 4 External links
Episode 1 [1.1]
- Arthur: You think we can take on the Chinese and Billy Kimber. Billy's got a bloody army--
- Thomas: I think, Arthur. That's what I do. I think. So that you don't have to.
- Polly: [to Tommy] You have your mother's common sense, but your father's devilment. I see them fighting. Let your mother win.
- Thomas: [to Grace] Are you a whore? Because if you're not, you're in the wrong place.
Episode 2 [1.2]
- Thomas: You have something to say to me?
- Grace: The other night you cam into the pub when I was singing. You said singing wasn't allowed. I'd like there to be one night a week when there is singing. I think it would be good for everyone. Saturday nights. Harry was too afraid to ask you, so...
- Thomas: But you're not?
- Grace: I am. But I love to sing.
- Thomas: [sits next to Ada during a film] Tell me the man's name, Ada.
- Ada: Rudolph Valentino.
- Thomas: [leaves the room and the movie stops] Get out! All of you! Go on, now! [everyone in the theatre leaves] I said, tell me his fucking name.
- Ada: Freddie fucking Thorne! Yeah! Your best mate since school. The man who saved your life in France! So go on! Cut him! Cut him up and chuck him in the Cut! [Thomas leaves] Oi! I'm a Shelby, too, you know. Put my fucking film back on!
- Polly: [Thomas throws the letter to Freddie in the fire] Damn them for what they did to you in France!
- Grace: How's your beautiful horse?
- Thomas: I just put a bullet in his head.
- Grace: Was he lame?
- Thomas: He looked at me the wrong way. It's not a good idea to look at Tommy Shelby the wrong way.
- Grace: What a waste.
- Thomas: Yeah. A waste is what it is. You know, in France... In France, I got used to seeing men die. Never got used to seeing horses die. They die badly.
- Grace: And what must I do?
- Thomas: For two pounds, you'll do what I ask you to do.
- Grace: I want three. [Tommy scoffs] If I'm meeting a king, I won't be wearing a cheap dress. And I ask you to let me sing. That's part of the deal now too.
- Thomas: Since when?
- Grace: Since you nearly smiled.
- Grace: [Thomas asks her to sing] Happy or sad?
- Thomas: [after a moment thinking] Sad.
- Grace: Okay. But I warn you, it'll break your heart.
- Thomas: Already broken.
Episode 3 [1.3]
Episode 4 [1.4]
Episode 5 [1.5]
- Grace: Want tea?
- Thomas: Tea? No.
- Grace: I have rum.
- Thomas: Actually, tea it is.
- Grace: You want to impress me?
- Thomas: Yes. And do you have a biscuit?
- Grace: No. They attract mice.
- Thomas: People look different at home.
- Grace: In what way?
- Thomas: Off guard.
- Grace: Should I be on my guard?
- Thomas: No, I'm a man who drinks tea.
- Grace: Are you okay?
- Thomas: I don't hear the shovels against the wall.
- Grace: What shovels?
- Thomas: Will you help me?
- Grace: Help you with what?
- Thomas: With everything. The whole fucking thing. Fucking life, business. I found you. And you found me. We'll help each other.
- Thomas: According to the law, we are equal partners. It's written on the paperwork in black and white. A third, a third, a third. But the thing is... Well, me and John, we quite fancy splitting your share so, just next time, use a gun, man.
Episode 6 [1.6]
- Polly: [praying] Dear Lord, make this day pass well. Let none get hurt and make them that do, not Shelbys. Watch John because he has so many depending on him. Watch Arthur because he's as likely to hurt himself as anyone else. And watch Thomas. [Thomas quietly enters] I know how he is. But he does what he does for us... I think.
- Polly: Did you fall for Tommy?
- Grace: Yes.
- Polly: Then I pity you.
- Grace: I think he'll try to kill me.
- Polly: He's too soft.
- Grace: Soft?
- Polly: Soft, like you. You saved his life the night the coppers came. That's why we're drinking, not fighting. We owe you.
- Grace: What was he like, before France?
- Polly: He laughed, a lot. He wanted to work with horses.
- Polly: There will be others.
- Thomas: To the others. [they cheer] All of them.
Episode 1 [2.1]
Episode 2 [2.2]
Episode 3 [2.3]
Episode 4 [2.4]
Episode 5 [2.5]
- Esme: Imagine riding away, Thomas. Living the real life, you know? Your Gypsy half is the stronger. You just want to ride away. France is a new place for us, they say. Lot of metal lying around still. Guns and trucks and spent shells and things. Then you go south. Saintes-Maries, where the Black Madonna is. My brothers go sometimes for the fair. It's like a home for us. They still let you get lost there.
- Thomas: I've been to France, Esme. So has John. Now get your coat and go with your husband. [takes her face in his hand] If you ever talk about getting lost again, I'll cut you... from this family.
- Esme: [looks around] What family?
- Arthur: I've been a fucking idiot. I haven't appreciated nothing, John.
- John: Are you fucking repenting or something?
- Arthur: Drawing. I used to be good at drawing.
- John: Arthur, please. For God's sake, I don't need this-
- Arthur: I should've listened more in class.
- John: What fucking class? You were never there.
- Arthur: I used to draw horses.
- John: Arthur-
- Arthur: Stallions. Great, big ones.
- John: Arthur.
- Arthur: They looked real-
- John: Not stallions, not now.
Episode 6 [2.6]
- Cillian Murphy - Tommy Shelby
- Sam Neill - C.I., later Major Chester Campbell
- Helen McCrory - Aunt Polly
- Tom Hardy - Alfie Solomons (series 2)
- Noah Taylor - Derby Sabini (series 2)
- Paul Anderson - Arthur Shelby Jnr
- Iddo Goldberg - Freddie Thorne (series 1)
- Annabell Wallis - Grace Burgess
- Charlotte Riley - May Carleton (series 2)
- Sophie Rundle - Ada Thorne, née Shelby
- Joe Cole - John Shelby
- Aimee-Ffion Edward - Esme Shelby, née Lee
- Finn Cole - Michael Gray (series 2)
- Natasha O'Keeffe as Lizzie Starke
- Ned Dennehy as Charlie Strong
- Andy Nyman - Winston Churchill (series 1)
- Richard McCabe - Winston Churchill (series 2)
- David Dawson - Roberts (series 1)
- Charlie Creed-Miles as Billy Kimber (series 1)
- Alfie Evans-Meese - Finn Shelby (series 1)
- Harry Kirton - Finn Shelby (series 2)
- Neil Bell - Harry Fenton
- Tommy Flanagan - Arthur Shelby Snr
- Benjamin Zephaniah - Jeremiah Jesus
- Lobo Chan - Mr Zhang
- Tony Pitts - Sergeant Moss
- Samuel Edward-Cook - Danny "Whizz-Bang" Owen
- Jeffrey Postlethwaite - Henry
- Matthew Postlethwaite - Nipper
- Jack Hartley - Billy Lovelock
- Allan Hopwood - Abbey Heath
- Sam Hazeldine - Georgie Sewell
- Adam El Hagar - Ollie (series 2)
- Kevin Metcalfe - Scudboat