Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief is a 2010 fantasy adventure film directed by Chris Columbus. The film is loosely based on The Lightning Thief, the first novel in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. It stars Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson alongside an ensemble cast that includes Brandon T. Jackson, Alexandra Daddario, Jake Abel, Rosario Dawson, Steve Coogan, Uma Thurman, Catherine Keener, Kevin McKidd, Sean Bean and Pierce Brosnan. It was released in theaters on February 12, 2010.
- [first lines; Zeus and Poseidon meet at the top of the Empire State Building]
- Poseidon: Zeus.
- Zeus: Poseidon.
- Poseiden: It's been many years.
- Zeus: What do you see?
- Poseiden: Thunderclouds.
- Zeus: But no lightning. Stolen.
- Poseidon: What, you think I took it? Omnipotence has blinded you, brother. We are forbidden from stealing each other's powers.
- Zeus: But our children aren't.
- Poseidon: You're accusing my son? I haven't seen him since he was a baby. He doesn't know me; he doesn't even know who he is because of you.
- Zeus: If your son is the thief, I will send him to the depths of Tartarus.
- Poseidon: [grabs Zeus in rage] If you touch him, you will have the fight of your life!
- Zeus: [breaks free] He must return the bolt to me in 14 days, by midnight on the summer solstice... or there will be war.
- [Gabe slaps Sally's butt]
- Percy: Oh, come on, man. You have to do that right here? It's disgusting. We're in a kitchen.
- Chiron: [quietly to Grover] They found him. He's in danger.
- Percy: Who found me?
- Chiron: [hands Percy what appears to be an ordinary pen] Percy, take this to defend yourself. It's a powerful weapon. Guard it well. Only use it in times of severe distress.
- Percy: This is a pen. This is a pen!
- Grover: [seeing the daughters of Aphrodite] Ooh. The daughters of Aphrodite. Okay. All right, guys. You guys got a lot of catching up to do. Their mother is the goddess of love, so you know where that leads.
- Percy: I get the sense that you don't like me very much.
- Annabeth: It's possible. I mean, our parents hate each other.
- Percy: Wait... they do?
- Annabeth: Mm-hmm. I definitely have strong feelings for you. I just haven't decided if they're positive or negative yet.
- Percy: Well, you let me know when you figure it out.
- Annabeth: You'll be the first.
- Grover: [holding up Medusa's head] Guys, I can't pee with her watching me!
- [passing the room, the maid sees the head, screams, and runs off]
- Grover: Sorry, guys. I messed up. I should have closed the curtains.
- Annabeth: Come on, guys. Let's hit the road before Homeland Security shows up.
- Hades: [yelling] Persephone! What could possibly be taking so long? Don't ignore me!
- Persephone: [yells back] Or WHAT?! What will you do? [quietly] I'm already in Hell.
- [As the hellhounds chase Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Sally into the gate of souls, Hades and Persephone share a kiss until suddenly, Persephone snatches the bolt. Hades thinks that she is playing around]
- Hades: Alright, come on. Come on, give it back.
- [Persephone strikes Hades with the bolt, knocking him out. She laughs enthusiastically and turns around]
- Persephone: [to the hounds; throws her hand out] Fyge makria tous! [the gates slam shut, and the hounds leave]
- Grover: Bad dog! Bad dog!
- Persephone: He won't remember a thing!
- Percy: [draws his sword] Why'd you do that?
- Persephone: Because, he's cruel and abusive! The only thing I look forward to is my allotted time away from this hellhole. A war of the gods would put an end to all that, and I'd be alone with only him, forever. [holds the bolt out to Percy] Go. Take the bolt. And your mother.
- Poseidon: I know I'm not the father you always wanted. But if you even need me, I'll be there for you. In your thoughts, in your dreams.
- Annabeth: [leaning in as if to kiss Percy, then swiping his sword] First rule of battle strategy: don't ever let your opponent distract you.
- [last lines]
- Gabe: I need a beer. [goes to the refrigerator and sees a lock on the door along with a note that reads "Do not open this refrigerator under any condition! EVER! No matter what!! - Percy"] What? "Do not open..." That little brat. Well, I may not live here anymore... but I'm still the king of this castle. [grabs a fire extinguisher, breaks the lock, and opens the door to reveal Medusa's head on the top shelf. Her eyes glow yellow, and her snakes hiss. The camera goes down one snake's throat, and the screen turns black. The sound of stone hardening is heard.]
- Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson
- Brandon T. Jackson as Grover Underwood
- Alexandra Daddario as Annabeth Chase
- Jake Abel as Luke Castellan
- Sean Bean as Zeus
- Kevin McKidd as Poseidon
- Steve Coogan as Hades
- Melina Kanakaredes as Athena
- Rosario Dawson as Persephone
- Dylan Neal as Hermes
- Erica Cerra as Hera
- Stefanie von Pfetten as Demeter
- Dimitri Lekkos as Apollo
- Ona Grauer as Artemis
- Serinda Swan as Aphrodite
- Conrad Coates as Hephaestus
- Ray Winstone as Ares
- Luke Camilleri as Dionysus
- Uma Thurman as Medusa
- Pierce Brosnan as Chiron
- Maria Olsen as Mrs. Dodds
- Julian Richings as Charon
- Chelan Simmons as the Lotus Eater
[[w:your mom gay] as your mom