Person of Interest (season 1)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Person of Interest (2011–2016) is an American drama television series broadcasting on CBS about an ex-CIA hitman and a computer genius who team up to prevent crimes before they happen.
- John Reese: When you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different, someone better. When that person is taken from you, what do you become then?
- Joss Carter: I'll need a statement from the bum. Which hospital did they take him to? Why?
- Uniform: He declined treatment. We got video on it, though.
- Joss Carter: You know, you could have done me a favor and let those guys land a couple more punches. Question for you. Looking at that tape, I'd say you spent some time in the service. But you don't learn how to fight like that in the regular army. So what were you, special forces? Delta? I'm Carter. You didn't give us a name.
- John Reese: You know, it's funny. Seems like the only time you need a name now is when you're in trouble. So am I in trouble?
- John Reese: Bad things happen to people every day. You can't stop them.
- Harold Finch: What if you could?
- Harold Finch: So the property's in a kind of limbo. It doesn't exist.
- John Reese: Neither do you. I did a little digging.
- Harold Finch: I recognize, Mr. Reese, that there's a disparity between how much I know about you and how much you know about me. I know you'll be trying to close that gap as quickly as possible. But I should tell you... I'm a really private person.
- Harold Finch: About that... I don't like firearms very much.
- John Reese: Neither do I. But if someone's going to have them, I'd rather it be me.
- John Reese: What do I need?
- Harold Finch: You need a purpose.
- Harold Finch: Nice room.
- John Reese: I took the liberty of booking the whole floor. Your card.
- Harold Finch: Guess I can use the miles.
- Lionel Fusco: Hey, you don't talk to people who just walk into the joint!
- John Reese: Lionel... you worried about me? I'm touched!
- Harold Finch: The police only see what they choose to look for. The Machine sees almost everything.
- John Reese: And here I was thinking we were getting a little closer, Harold.
- Harold Finch: I told you I'm a very private person.
- John Reese: You're going to need to trust somebody at some point.
Mission Creep [1.03]
- Sam: What kind of skills?
- John Reese: You have a .45 under the counter and a shotgun next to the register, and I can get to them both before you.
- Harold Finch: Don't you knock?
- John Reese: Not if I can help it.
- John Reese: Point that thing at me again and I'll shoot you with it.
- Banker: Time to use this. [taps Reese's head]
- John Reese: Okay. [head butts the banker in the head]
- John Reese: In the end, we're all alone and no one is coming to save you.
Cura Te Ipsum [1.04]
- John Reese: Fusco will stay in line.
- Harold Finch: Your detective is a nice pet to keep, Mr. Reese. But sooner or later he'll bite you back.
- John Reese: Maybe it's up to me to do what the good people can't. Or maybe there are no good people. Maybe there are only good decisions.
- John Reese: I know what happens when you take a life. You lose a part of yourself, not everything, just the part that matters the most.
- John Reese: Everybody needs somebody to talk to.
- John Reese: The report please. I did say please.
- [Finch becomes suspicious when Reese asks him what's good on the menu]
- John Reese: It's an innocent question.
- Harold Finch: No question is ever innocent from you.
- Samuel Gates: If people ever find out... When they find out, I don't think I can protect you.
- John Reese: Go play with your son.
- John Reese: He said we don't need to worry. He might even help us someday.
- Harold Finch: I was listening in, Mr.Reese.
- John Reese: I was reading between the lines.
- Harold Finch: I suppose only time will tell which one of us is right.
- John Reese: Thank you.
- Harold Finch: I beg your pardon?
- John Reese: For giving me a job.
- Harold Finch: Try the eggs benedict, Mr. Reese. I've had them many times.
- John Reese: Now, you can have this juicy burger or we can go for another spin.
- John Reese: You ever see two cats in a bag?
The Fix [1.06]
- John Reese: She does favors for a price. She's a fixer.
- Harold Finch: Assuming that she's the victim, any idea who'd want to take her out?
- John Reese: Who wouldn't?
- Zoe Morgan: You want to get out of here?
- John Reese: Where are we going?
- Zoe Morgan: To do something illegal.
- Harold Finch: A little trouble picking this lock, Mr. Reese. It's not as easy as it looks. [one second goes by] Never mind, I'm in.
- John Reese: Ms. Morgan, stay out of trouble.
- Zoe Morgan: Not gonna happen. You have my number.
- Harold Finch: You know before we, before I found you, the numbers haunted me. I never felt so helpless in my entire life. I know I can't get justice for all of them, but the possibility of having just one
- Carl Elias: No. It's just beginning. Veni. Vidi. Vici.
- Carl Elias: I wish you luck, John. If you stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours.
- John Reese: What if I don't?
- Carl Elias: Then we'll meet again under less pleasant circumstances.
- John Reese: We just saved a man whose only goal in life is revenge. He spent years studying his enemies through their own children.
- Harold Finch: John, we have limited information. We knew when we began this that we might make mistakes. But we have to go now, more people to help, more numbers.
- John Reese: And how many of those numbers will come up because we saved one man's life?
- John Reese: You know, teaching can be a dangerous profession.
- Harold Finch: Yes, I imagine espionage is a much safer choice.
- Joss Carter: He say anything yet, like who kicked his ass sideways?
- Harold Finch: Mr. Reese, I'm highly uncomfortable being here.
- John Reese: I'm highly uncomfortable having you here, but I need a spotter.
- John Reese: I lose my patience when I get shot.
- Ulrich Kohl: For my country, I left my country and killed wherever they sent me. For that, I was called a monster. Even the blackest heart still beats.
- John Reese: I always thought I'd die in a place that didn't know my name.
- Harold Finch: You think anyone will care for our names?
- John Reese: After we're dead.
- Harold Finch: I thought we already were.
Get Carter [1.09]
- John Reese: What happened here?
- Lionel Fusco: Lead poisoning. It's going around the neighborhood.
- John Reese: I just want to let you know, Joss, that you're not alone.
- Cop: Some guy came into his body shop and shot up the place. The bangers inside got a taste of their own medicine said the guy had a submachine gun and...a grenade launcher. You believe that?
- Joss Carter: Was this guy wearing a suit?
- Cop: No, motorcycle jacket why?
- Joss Carter: Maybe it's in the cleaners.
Number Crunch [1.10]
- John Reese: Where did you come from?
- Harold Finch: I breached the space/time continuum. Not really... but I did sense my privacy being invaded.
- Mark Snow: Time to come home John. Slate's been wiped clean.
- John Reese: You know that'll never happen.
- Harold Finch: Trask is armed, has a dangerous fixation on Lily, and just chased me up 3 floors. Safe to say he's our perpetrator!
- John Reese: I don't know Finch. You sure you don't want to check with your Machine?
- Harold Finch: Yes. That joke never gets old.
- Harold Finch: Poke him in the eyes? That's your technique?
- John Reese: No, that's YOUR technique. And if that doesn't work you can always take your thumb, jam it in his eye socket and twist until you hit his brain—
- Harold Finch: Please stop!
- Harold Finch: You gotta love a girl with good security habits.
- Alicia Corwin: If Congress knew about this machine you're building, you would go to jail.
- Nathan Ingram: I don't suppose they'd let us be cell-mates.
- Joss Carter: Are you guys this sloppy when you're tracking Al Qaeda?
- Harold Finch: You're not tailing her to work.
- John Reese: [In a wheelchair] I'm getting pretty good at this thing...
- Harold Finch: Yes, I'm sure the CIA will be deeply impressed... when they shoot you!
- Joss Carter: I looked for a I'm-sorry-I-got-you-shot card, but they were all out.
- Andrea: So, what's this boss of yours like?
- John Reese: Very manipulative, secretive. We've had some personality conflicts.
- Andrea: I take it he has a lot of money.
- John Reese: He's one of those rich loner types, the kind you'd call strange if he didn't have so much cash. He's "eccentric."
- Harold Finch: I hope you understand that there are certain things I can't tell you.
- John Reese: Oh, I understand completely, Finch
- Will Ingram: Whatever he was working on, he sold it to the government for a dollar. So that means it was either something worthless or priceless.
- John Reese: Finch are you in?
- Harold Finch: Just.....
- John Reese: Well you need to move fast.
- Harold Finch: Thank you Mr. Reese, here I was going to move at a sloth-like pace and get myself captured.
Root Cause [1.13]
- Harold Finch: I'll be joining you tonight.
- John Reese: Ever been on a stakeout, Finch?
- Harold Finch: No. Should I bring anything?
- John Reese: Warm clothes, something to read, and an empty water bottle.
- Harold Finch: Empty?
- John Reese: There are no bathrooms on a stakeout, Finch.
- John Reese: You’re hungry already, Finch?
- Harold Finch: No. And if I was it wouldn’t be for something with disodium inosinate.
- Zoe Morgan: If you're going to do something wrong, do it right.
- Harold Finch: How do you know that? Never mind.
- Harold Finch: If someone starts shooting, what do you expect me to do?
- John Reese: You'll think of something.
Wolf and Cub [1.14]
- Joss Carter: I always pictured you in the back of my car... in handcuffs.
- John Reese: To each his own.
- Joss Carter: Fusco, you ok?
- Lionel Fusco: Yeah, just peachy.
- John Reese: The higher up you go the harder it is to tell the good guys to the bad guys.
- John Reese: To tell you the truth, I've always hated observing.
- John Reese: The most efficient way to lose in a fight is to act without knowing your enemy.
- Harold Finch: Only the paranoid survive. Sage advice.
Blue Code [1.15]
- Harold Finch: Where's Cahill?
- John Reese: [after barely escaping from a burning car] Oh, I'm fine Finch. Thanks for asking.
- Joss Carter: Your version of a lucky day is being shot and then lit on fire?
- Lionel Fusco: Anything else I should know?
- Harold Finch: Don't get caught.
- Lionel Fusco: Let me guess, you need another favor
- John Reese: In the Army, they taught us the fastest way to get shot was to fail to clean your weapon.
- Kara Stanton: In the Marines they taught us the fastest way to clean your weapon was to shoot a couple of people with it.
- John Reese: What's wrong with my other suits?
- Harold Finch: They're fine for a hired assassin, Mr. Reese, just not for this particular job.
- Adam Saunders: Outstanding, I'll be spending two days with hair gel and a pin-striped suit.
- John Reese: It's Glen check, actually.
Baby Blue [1.17]
- John Reese: How could you let her go?
- Harold Finch: I didn't. She knocked down the books and walked off...
- John Reese: She can't walk, Finch!
- John Reese: People start targeting children, there are no rules.
- Harold Finch: I told you to move your arsenal!
- John Reese: I was going to...
- Harold Finch: When? After the whole place was blown up? You know how I feel about guns! This really isn't working... one of us always being here - minding the baby!
- John Reese: Well, you're the one who stole her...
- Harold Finch: Thanks for reminding me of that!
- Joss Carter: Whenever you show up, trouble's just around the corner.
- Harold Finch: What are you gonna do?
- John Reese: Whatever it takes
Identity Crisis [1.18]
- John Reese: Which do you like better: good cop or bad cop?
- Lionel Fusco: You tell me.
- John Reese: That's a terrible plan, but I like it, so let's do it
- Lionel Fusco: You ever work an identity theft case?
- Joss Carter: Every arrest I ever made. They all say I got the wrong guy.
- John Reese: Last one in pays for lunch.
- Harold Finch: I'm in the mood for Indian.
Flesh and Blood [1.19]
- John Reese: I don't know, Finch. We could let the trash take out the trash...
- Harold Finch: I know they encouraged a certain moral flexibility when you worked at the CIA, but I like to think we're reaching for a higher standard.
- Harold Finch: Did you forget to set your alarm?
- John Reese: I had my yoga class.
- Harold Finch: Well, I hope you've gotten in touch with your chi.
- Lionel Fusco: Shouldn't we call for backup?
- Joss Carter: You are my backup.
- Carl Elias: I am the evolution of organized crime.
- Carl Elias: You two think you're safe because there's just one of me, that I'm weak and that you're strong. That's not strength. That's weakness. Look at you, a bunch of jealous idiots. Liars, betraying each other. I don't need that. I get my strength from being alone, and that's why I'm gonna destroy all of you.
Matsya Nyaya [1.20]
- John Reese: The problem with trying to be the bad guy, there's always someone worse.
- John Reese: The thing about striking out on your own is that's usually how you end up.
- John Reese: He killed his friend and shot me in the back, I wasn't thinking of protecting him
- Lionel Fusco: I should have shot you and simplified my life.
- John Reese: Pressure getting to you Fusco?
- John Reese: I care about HR, Fusco, not the money. What you do with it is your business.
Many Happy Returns [1.21]
- [Reese watching old videos in his ex-girlfriend's home]
- Peter Arndt: Who are you?
- John Reese: I was the guy who left her behind, because I thought she deserved someone better than me. I thought she deserved someone who would look after her, be there for her. I thought she deserved someone like you. So, I don't know. I was hoping you could tell me.
- Peter Arndt: Tell you what?
- John Reese: What am I supposed to be, now that she's gone? When you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different. Someone better. When that person's taken from you, what do you become then?
- John Reese: There are things you can do, detective, and things you can't. And that's where I come in.
- Harold Finch: What will you do, Mr. Reese?
- John Reese: Show him what a real monster looks like.
- Harold Finch: If I were to speculate from your labored breathing.
- Lionel Fusco: I lost her.
- Harold Finch: That would be it.
- Harold Finch: Once we become predictable, we become vulnerable.
No Good Deed [1.22]
- Harold Finch: [regarding his relationship with Grace] I was lucky. I had four years of happiness. Some people only get four days.
- Nathan Ingram: Any system can be compromised given enough time. We need an off switch, a back door, and this is our last chance to build one.
- Harold Finch: Are you following this?
- John Reese: Financial analyst. Riveting.
- Harold Finch: They all can't be babies and mafia dons!
- Nathan Ingram: Honestly, I'll be glad to be rid of the thing.
- Harold Finch: This "thing" has already saved countless lives.
- Nathan Ingram: You mean countless relevant lives.
- Harold Finch: We had to draw the line somewhere.
- Nathan Ingram: Everyone is relevant to someone.
- Harold Finch: I'm surprised, Mr. Reese. That nice young lady seemed impervious to your charm.
- John Reese: That nice young lady had a .45 pointed at me under her desk.
- Nathan Ingram: The world has been spinning for 5 billion years without your machine, Harold. I'm sure it will be fine for one more night.
- John Reese: Good morning, Finch.
- Harold Finch: Mr. Reese. What have you been doing?
- John Reese: Corrupting Detective Fusco.
- Harold Finch: Does he really need help in that regard?
- Zoe Morgan: There isn't a woman alive in the world that can fix you, John.
- Alicia Corwin: I can feel it right now. Watching us, listening to us. There's no hiding from it. I'm so tired of running.
- Root: So nice to finally meet you, Harold. You can call me Root.
- [Reese speaks to a surveillance camera]
- John Reese: He's in danger now because he was working for you. And now you're going to help me get him back.