Peter A. McCullough
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peter Andrew McCullough (born December 29, 1962) is an American cardiologist. He is formerly Vice Chief of Internal medicine at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas and professor at Texas A&M University. He is editor-in-chief of the journals Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiorenal Medicine. During the COVID-19 pandemic, McCullough advocated for early treatment including Hydroxychloroquine, dissented from the recommendations of government public health agencies.
- We have to make some decisions now.
- Burton, Thomas M; Hopkins, Jared S. (April 25, 2020). "FDA Warns of Danger From Virus Treatment". The Wall Street Journal: p. A.1.
- This is the public health crisis of the century, and doctors should not have barriers.
- McGinley, Laurie; Dawsey, Josh (July 10, 2020). "Touting criticized study, White House presses FDA to authorize hydroxychloroquine — again". The Washington Post.
- Unless we really have a compelling case, no one under age 30 should receive any one of these vaccines.
- July 7, 2021 on the Fox News program The Ingraham Angle (Ecarma, Caleb (July 8, 2021). "The Right-Wing Vaccine Rebellion Has Arrived on Campus". Vanity Fair. ; Hargis, Cydney; Geonzon, Jasmine; Taaffe, Gideon (July 20, 2021). "Right-wing media is an echo chamber of anti-vaccine messaging". Media Matters for America. ; Waldman, Paul (July 8, 2021). "Right-wing anti-vaccine hysteria is increasing. We’ll all pay the price.". Washington Post. ; Digby Parton, Heather (July 9, 2021). "As the Delta variant spreads, Republican reluctance will mean thousands more deaths". Salon. ; Lewis, Matt (July 9, 2021). "The GOP’s Paranoid Streak From John Birchers to Anti-Vaxxers". The Daily Beast. )
- There is no reason right now — no clinical reason to go get vaccinated.
- July 13, 2021 on the Fox News program The Ingraham Angle ("'Ingraham Angle' on Biden's speech, CRT". The Ingraham Angle. Fox News. July 14, 2021. ; Holmes, Jack (July 8, 2021). "Fox News Is Moving From 'Just Asking Questions' to Full-On Anti-Vax Crapola". Esquire. ; Blake, Aaron (July 19, 2021). "Vaccine doubters' strange fixation with Israel". The Washington Post. ; Woodward, Alex (July 20, 2021). "Fox News hosts railed against 'vaccine passports' – the company requires one to return to work without a mask". The Independent. ; McDonald, Jessica (July 30, 2021). Vaccines Remain Largely Effective Against Delta Variant, Counter to Claims From Fox News Guest. FactCheck.org. Annenberg Public Policy Center.; Baragona, Justin (July 19, 2021). "Meghan McCain Claims Nobody at Fox News Is Saying ‘Don’t Get the Vaccine’". The Daily Beast. ; Baragona, Justin (July 22, 2021). "How Vaccine Companies Have Bankrolled Fox News’ Anti-Vaxx Insanity". The Daily Beast. ; "Transcript: The ReidOut, 7/19/21". The ReidOut. MSNBC. July 19, 2021. )
- It's clear we can't vaccinate our way out of this.
- July 29, 2021 on the Fox News program The Ingraham Angle (Savillo, Rob; Monroe, Tyler (August 19, 2021). "Fox's effort to undermine vaccines has only worsened". Media Matters for America. ; Media Matters Staff (July 29, 2021). "Laura Ingraham guest: “It's clear we can't vaccinate our way out of this”". Media Matters for America. )
Quotes about Peter A. McCullough
- By elevating witnesses who sound smart but endorse unfounded therapies, we risk jeopardizing a century’s work of medical progress.
- Jha, Ashish (November 24, 2020). "The Snake-Oil Salesmen of the Senate". The New York Times.
- Seriously, this is an error huge enough to make me wonder about everything else, in particular whether he got his MPH out of a cereal box. This guy has an MPH and doesn’t know (or didn’t bother to find out) how VAERS actually works and that there are other vaccine safety monitoring systems other than VAERS? ... Dr. McCullough should have stuck to cardiology and renal disease, the two areas for which he was known prior to the pandemic that led him, as he characterized it in the video, to completely reorient the focus of his academic career. I guess the opportunity for grift and conspiracy theories was too much for him to resist....someone like Dr. McCullough, who has an MPH in addition to his MD, should really, really, really know better. That he promotes antivaccine disinformation based on fear mongering about reports to VAERS of deaths and adverse events tells me one of two things. Either his MPH education failed him, or he’s lying. Take your pick.
- In addition to its anti-vax hosts, the network also hosts one guest after another to rail against the vaccines. “No one under age 30 should receive any one of these vaccines,” an anti-covid-vaccine doctor told Laura Ingraham on Wednesday evening’s program.
- And then there's the relentless disinformation campaign coming from right-wing media. Here's a little taste: On Wednesday night this week, Fox News host Laura Ingraham interviewed a doctor who proclaimed that "unless we really have a compelling case, no one under age 30 should receive any one of these vaccines." That's the sort of dangerous fear-mongering conservative viewers see every day, even as thousands of them are still dying.