Sir Peter Levin Shaffer, CBE (15 May 1926 – 6 June 2016) was an English dramatist and screenwriter, best known for his plays The Royal Hunt of the Sun, Equus and Amadeus (he adapted the last two for their screen versions).
Do not confuse with Pierre Schaeffer.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The men climb the Andes.
- The Royal Hunt of the Sun, Act I, sc. viii. (1964).
- Sometimes misquoted as "They cross the Andes".
- Rehearsing a play is making the word flesh. Publishing a play is reversing the process.
- Equus (Harmondsworth: Penguin,  1984), p. 8.
- Tragedy obviously does not lie in a conflict of Right and Wrong, but in a collision between two different kinds of Right...
- Equus (Longman,  1993), p. 11
- Conferː "Tragedy, for me, is not a conflict between right and wrong, but between two different kinds of right."
- Interviewed by Mike Wood for the William Inge Center for the Arts.