Petrus Thomas Ratajczyk (January 4, 1962 – April 14, 2010), known professionally as Peter Steele, was an American musician, singer, and songwriter. He was best known as the lead vocalist, bassist and composer of the gothic metal band Type O Negative. Before forming Type O Negative, Steele had created the metal group Fallout and the thrash band Carnivore.
- This entire opus is respectfully dedicated to all those who have loved unconditionally only to have their hearts unanaesthetically ripped out: Base not your joy on the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. No hope = No fear.
- Source: Bloody Kisses booklet[specific citation needed]
- Some people say I'm a pussy. I say, you are what you eat.
- Source: During a live performance
- If I worked in a bank as a teller, there wouldn't be girls lined up outside of where I work when I'm done.
- Source: Peter Steele biography "Soul on fire" by Jeff Wagner, p. 209
- This next song is called 'Wolf Moon' [crowd starts to cheer]. Wait with cheering until you hear what the song's about. It's about a guy who turns into a werewolf when he engages in oral sex with a menstruating woman [crowd cheers even louder, and Steele spreads out his arms]. You wanna call me a pussy? You are what you eat.
- Source: During a live performance at Train, Århus, Denmark, 22nd of june, 2003
- I left the stage because I thought I had to shit, but then I lost the feeling.
- Source: Symphony For The Devil DVD
- Hello, children of the Nazis!
- Source: Beginning of a live performance in Germany (with Carnivore)
- It’s a funny thing, when you talk to God, you’re religious, but when he talks to you, you’re a psychopath.
- Source: "lost" interview on rocksalt.mx http://rocksalt.mx/?p=844