Phantom of the Rue Morgue
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Roy Del Ruth. Written by James R. Webb, based on the short story The Murders in the Rue Morgue by Edgar Allen Poe.
Mad passions, madder deeds in the Edgar Allan Poe chiller! (taglines)
- Dr. Marais: These days inspector everything is Freud or it is nothing, Freud and the labido, anything new, especialy from zoologists like myself...
- Prof. Paul Dupin: ...At least has a reception here. Dr. Marais maintains that in all forms of life, from the mico to man, the killer instinct lies latent.
- Dr. Marais: Held in check for most of us, but for others igniting under certain hatred, or passion, or a crowning frustration, or a total collapse of one's beliefs...
- Mad passions, madder deeds in the Edgar Allan Poe chiller!
- Karl Malden — Dr. Marais
- Claude Dauphin — Insp. Bonnard
- Patricia Medina — Jeanette
- Steve Forrest — Prof. Paul Dupin
- Allyn Ann McLerie — Yvonne
- Anthony Caruso — Jacques the One-Eyed
- Veola Vonn — Arlette
- Dolores Dorn — Camille
- Merv Griffin — Georges Brevert
- Paul Richards — Rene the Knife-thrower
- Rolfe Sedan — LeBon
- Erin O'Brien-Moore — Wardrobe Woman
- Charles Gemora — Sultan, The Gorilla
- The Flying Zacchinis — Themselves
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|