Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This on article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The moon, appearing every month in several phases, is symbolic of the Jewish people whose history has assumed a variety of phases. Like the moon, they reappear aftern being eclipsed.
- Daily Prayer Book (1949) p.562
- The diversified authorship of the Prayerbook, embracing prophets and psalmists, legalists and poets, proclaims that all Israel has a share in its making.
- Festival Prayer Book: Pesah (1971) p.IX
- The very concept of repentance and atonement has made the Jewish outlook on life one of cheerfulness and confidence.
- Festival Prayer Book: Yom Kippur (1960) p.IX