Jump to navigation Jump to search
Philip Wollen (born 1950) is an Australian philanthropist. He is a former Vice-President of Citibank and was also General Manager at Citicorp. Wollen became a vegan following his departure from Citibank.
"Animals Should Be Off the Menu" (2012)
- Animals Should be Off the Menu (2012) Full transcript
- If everyone ate a Western diet, we would need two Planet Earths to feed them. We only have one. And she is dying.
- The earth can produce enough for everyone’s need. But not enough for everyone’s greed.
- Veganism gives us “THE PEACE DIVIDEND”. The Peace Map is drawn on a menu. Peace is not just the absence of war. It is the presence of Justice”.
- I discovered when we suffer, we suffer as equals. And in their capacity to suffer, a dog is a pig is a bear. . . . . is a boy
- Poor countries sell their grain to the West for hard currency while their own children starve in their arms. And the West feeds it to livestock. . . So we can eat a steak? I bet I am not the only one in the room who sees this as a crime?
- Every morsel of meat we eat is slapping the tear-stained face of a starving child. When I look into her eyes, do I remain silent?