Phyllis Schlafly (born 15 August 1924) is an American conservative political activist known for her best-selling 1964 book A Choice, Not An Echo and her opposition to feminism in general and the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) in particular.
- Non-criminal sexual harassment on the job is not a problem for the virtuous woman except in the rarest of cases.
- United States Senate (1981). Sex Discrimination in the Workplace, 1981: Hearings Before the Committee on Labor and Human Resources. GPO. pp. 400.
- The atomic bomb is a marvelous gift that was given to our country by a wise God.
- Quoted in Raymond Coffey (1982-07-08). "Women are the Best Warmakers". The Day.
- ERA means abortion funding, means homosexual privileges, means whatever else.
- The judges' obsession with smut is astounding.
- Minors are an intended audience for the highly profitable sex industry. Impressionable teenagers are easily persuaded to have abortions, and homosexual clubs in high school are designed for the young.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (September 2004). "Activist Judges Rule for Special Interests". Phyllis Schlafly Report 38 (2). Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- It is long overdue for parents to realize they have the right and duty to protect our children against the intolerant evolutionists.
- The worst censors are those prohibiting criticism of the theory of evolution in the classroom.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2004-12-29). Time to End the Censorship. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- And the first commandment of feminism is: I am woman; thou shalt not tolerate strange gods who assert that women have capabilities or often choose roles that are different from men's.
- Men should stop treating feminists like ladies, and instead treat them like the men they say they want to be.
- The cornerstone of the political correctness that dominates campus culture is radical feminism.
- When will American men learn how to stand up to the nagging by the intolerant, uncivil feminists whose sport is to humiliate men?
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2005-02-16). Feminists On The Warpath Get Their Man. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Many professors are Marxists or other varieties of radicals who hate America.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (April 2005). "Feminist Mischief on College Campuses". Phyllis Schlafly Report 38 (9). Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Driver's licenses are a crucial national security issue.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2005-04-20). Driver's Licenses For Illegals?. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- People think that child-support enforcement benefits children, but it doesn't.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2005-05-11). Federal Incentives Make Children Fatherless. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Every country that has experimented with women in actual combat has abandoned the idea, and the notion that Israel uses women in combat is a feminist myth.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2005-06-01). Women Don't Belong In Ground Combat. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don't think you can call it rape.
- What I am defending is the real rights of women. A woman should have the right to be in the home as a wife and mother.
- "The Equal Rights Amendment Falters, and Phyllis Schlafly Is the Velvet Fist Behind the Slowdown". People Magazine. 1975-04-28. Retrieved on 2013-06-11.
- There is a war on men, and [feminists] are very open about it. They don't conceal it; they brag about it. You read all of their material – they're always saying they want to abolish the patriarchy. They said that husbands are not necessary in a marriage, they're not necessary in raising children.
- It's really dangerous for a guy to go to college these days. He's better off if he doesn't talk to any women when he gets there. The feminists are perfectly glad to make false accusations and then claim all men are capable of some dastardly deed like rape.
- Paul Bremmer (2014-12-10). "Schlafly: Hatred of Men Gave Rise to UVA Rape Story". WND. Retrieved on 2014-12-15.