Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pieter-Dirk Uys (born 1945) is a South African satirist.
Sunday Times interview (1980)
- "I'm just the dumb blonde with the jewellery!" by Jani Allan, from the Just Jani column of the Sunday Times (1980), republished in Face Value by Jani Allan.
- When I send up the verkramptes, I am always sending up the verkrampte ghosts in me. But I never poke fun at people - it's their ATTITUDES that I find funny. Some of them seem to have their scripts all mixed up.
- Soon censorship will become a luxury of the past. When I recently spoke to an okie connected with the censor board about why 'Mad Max' wasn't banned, his reply was that the youth of today must get used to violence as that will soon be their way of life! It's a sobering thought.
- I'm just the dumb blonde with the jewelery!
About Pieter-Dirk Uys
- So talented he's enough to drive any aspiring writer to OD on Smarties - or at least encourage them to stick to writing out place-settings for dinner parties.
- Underneath the bitchy bon mots is a satirist of serious commitment.
- His highs are achieved without drugs - they are born of a serious lust for life.