Wilhelmus Simon Petrus Fortuijn (19 February 1948 – 6 May 2002), known as Pim Fortuyn, was a Dutch politician, civil servant, sociologist, author and professor who formed his own party, Pim Fortuyn List (Lijst Pim Fortuyn or LPF)
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Vrouwen willen geen lieve mannen, ze willen een bruut die ze keihard neukt
- Translation: Women don't want any dear men, they want a brutal guy who fucks them hard
- Ravage, 2 November 2001
- I don't hate Islam. I consider it a backward culture. I have travelled much in the world. And wherever Islam rules, it's just terrible. All the hypocrisy. It's a bit like those old reformed protestants. The Reformed lie all the time. And why is that? Because they have standards and values that are so high that you can't humanly maintain them. You also see that in that Muslim culture. Then look at the Netherlands. In what country could an electoral leader of such a large movement as mine be openly homosexual? How wonderful that that's possible. That's something that one can be proud of. And I'd like to keep it that way, thank you very much.
- de Volkskrant, 9 February 2002. Fortuyn was expelled from the Liveable Netherlands party for making the statement. The Dutch word achterlijk ("backward") can also be an insult (comparable to "retarded"), though Fortuyn denied intending to use the word in this way.
- Ik ben een driftkop, wat is daar mis mee?
- Translation: I'm a hothead, what's wrong with that?
- Gay Krant, issue 458 (April 2002)