Plan 9 from Outer Space
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Plan 9 from Outer Space is a 1959 film about aliens who resurrect dead humans as zombies and vampires to stop humankind from weaponizing the sun's light. It is widely regarded as a cult film and one of the worst movies ever made.
- Written and directed by Ed Wood.
Unspeakable Horrors From Outer Space Paralyze The Living And Resurrect The Dead!taglines
- Greetings, my friends. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember, my friends, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are giving you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimonies of the miserable souls who survived this terrifying ordeal: the incidents, the places. My friends, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts about grave robbers from outer space?
- My friends, you have seen this incident based on sworn testimony. Can you prove that it didn't happen? Perhaps on your way home you will pass someone in the dark, and you will never know it, for they will be from outer space. Many scientists believe that another world is watching us this moment. We once laughed at the horseless carriage, the aeroplane, the telephone, the electric light, vitamins, radio, and even television! And now some of us laugh at outer space. God help us... in the future.
- Those whom we're using cannot think. They are the dead, brought to a simulated life by our electrode guns. You know, it's an interesting thing when you consider: the Earth people, who can think, are so frightened by those who cannot — the dead.
- As soon as you have enough of the dead recruits, march them on the capitals of the earth. Let nothing stand in your way. Their own dead will be used to make them accept our existence and believe in that fact.
- For a time we tried to contact them by radio but no response. Then they attacked a town, a small town I'll admit, but nevertheless a town of people, people who died.
- One thing's sure: Inspector Clay is dead — murdered — and somebody's responsible!
- Paula: A flying saucer? You mean the kind from up there?
- Jeff: Yeah, either that or its counterpart
- Larry: Strange. If someone had broken in, the dirt should be piled up here somewhere. It looks like it's fallen in, into the grave.
- Lt. Harper: Larry, you'll be out of that uniform before you know it.
- Col. Edwards: This is the most fantastic story I've ever heard.
- Jeff: And every word of it's true, too.
- Col. Edwards: That's the fantastic part of it.
- Col. Edwards: Why is it so important that you want to contact the governments of our earth?
- Eros: Because of death. Because all you of Earth are idiots.
- Jeff: Now you just hold on, Buster.
- Eros: No, you hold on. First was your firecracker, a harmless explosive. Then your hand grenade: you began to kill your own people, a few at a time. Then the bomb. Then a larger bomb: many people are killed at one time. Then your scientists stumbled upon the atom bomb, split the atom. Then the hydrogen bomb, where you actually explode the air itself. Now you can arrange the total destruction of the entire universe served by our sun: The only explosion left is the solaronite.
- Col. Edwards: Why, there's no such thing.
- Jeff: So what if we do develop this solaronite bomb? We'd be even a stronger nation than now.
- Eros: "Stronger." You see? You see? Your stupid minds! Stupid! Stupid!
- Lt. Harper: [about Eros] He's mad.
- Tanna: Mad? Is it mad that you destroy other people to save yourselves? You have done this. Is it mad that one country must destroy another to save themselves? You have also done this. How then is it "mad" that one planet must destroy another who threatens the very existence-...
- Eros: [shoves her roughly aside] That's enough. [to the humans] In my land, women are for advancing the race, not for fighting man's battles.
- Unspeakable Horrors From Outer Space Paralyze The Living And Resurrect The Dead!
- Aliens Resurrecting The Dead! Flying Saucers Over Hollywood!
- Gregory Walcott - Jeff Trent
- Mona McKinnon - Paula Trent
- Duke Moore - Lt. John Harper
- Tom Keene - Col. Tom Edwards
- Carl Anthony - Patrolman Larry
- Paul Marco - Patrolman Kelton
- Tor Johnson - Insp. Dan Clay
- Dudley Manlove - Eros
- Joanna Lee - Tanna
- Bunny Breckinridge - The Ruler
- Lyle Talbot - General Roberts
- David De Mering - Danny
- The Amazing Criswell - Himself
- Bela Lugosi - Ghoul Man
- Maila Nurmi - Vampire Girl