Planes is a 2013 American 3D computer-animated adventure sports comedy film produced by DisneyToon Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a spin-off of Pixar's Cars franchise and the first film in a planned Planes series.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It ain't how fast you fly, it's how you fly fast. You can fly a whole lot higher than you think.
- Dusty Crophopper: I'm afraid of heights!
- Chug: But, you’re a plane.
- Dusty: I’m a crop duster.
- Roper: That airplane needs some help. You all know that, right?
- Dusty's Friends: Yeah!
- Zed: It's really compelling underdog story. Like Old Yeller.
- Ned: That's not an underdog story!
- Zed: There's a dog in it.
- Skipper: [Telling Dusty the truth of his past] My first patrol as a Jolly Roger was at Glendale Canal. My squadron was all rookies, all razor-sharp. I should know, I trained every single one of them.
[A flashback is shown of Skipper's backstory, of him flying with his squadron in WW2.]
- Skipper: It was supposed to be a routine mission; A milk run.
- Lucas: [In the flashback, spotting a Japanese battleship] Look Skipper! Enemy ship, 2:00 low, two miles! Easy pickings! What do you say?
- Skipper: [In the flashback] Negative, Jigsaw 2. Our orders are to recon and report back.
- Lucas: Come on, Skip! It will be a turkey shoot!
- Other Plane: Let's do it, Skipper!
- Skipper: Alright, let's go in for a closer look, but keep your distance!
[Skipper and his Squadron dive down towards the battleship. When they get through the clouds, it reveals that it's not just one ship; it's a whole fleet of Japanese battleships. The ships immediately all begin shooting at them.]
- Lucas: [terrified] HOLY COW! IT'S THE WHOLE ENEMY FLEET!!
- Skipper: [voiceover] It was too late to pull up.
The squadron returns fire, but bombs hit the planes, causing many to explode.
- Skipper: [In the flashback] Get out of there, Lucas!!
[One by one, each of the planes is shot down. On fire, they all crash into the sea...including Skipper. Hours later, the badly damaged Skipper is rescued by an American battleship. A medic pitty silently informs him he's the only survivor of the attack. Skipper is devastated beyond words, tears in his eyes as the flashback ends]
- Skipper: [Voiceover as flashback ends] My whole squadron...under my command.
[Dusty is shocked beyond words]
- Skipper: After that... I just couldn't bring myself to fly again. Let me ask you something, Dusty. If you knew the truth about my past, would you have asked me to train you?
[Dusty can't think of any words. He feels horribly regretful when he says the truth.]
- Dusty: [Heartbroken and truthfully] No.
- Skipper: I'm sorry, Dusty.
- Dane Cook as Dusty Crophopper / Strut Jetstream
- Stacy Keach as Skipper Riley
- Danny Mann as Sparky
- Priyanka Chopra as Ishani
- Brad Garrett as Chug / Turbo Coach Truck-zilla
- Teri Hatcher as Dottie
- Cedric the Entertainer as Leadbottom
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Rochelle
- Roger Craig Smith as Ripslinger the Green Tornado, additional voices
- Gabriel Iglesias as Ned and Zed the Twin Turbos
- John Cleese as Bulldog the Big Dog
- Carlos Alazraqui as El Chupacabra, additional voices
- Val Kilmer as Bravo
- Anthony Edwards as Echo
- Colin Cowherd as Colin Cowling
- Sinbad as Roper
- Oliver Kalkofe as Franz / Fliegenhosen
- Brent Musburger as Brent Mustangburger
- John Ratzenberger as Harland
- Barney Harwood as Sky Cam 1