Planet of the Apes (2001 film)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- This one looked at me.
- Living with your daughter, Senator, would age any ape quickly.
- The humans infest the provinces. They breed too quickly while we grow too soft in our affluence. Even now, they outnumber us, four to one.
- Extremism in defense of apes is no vice, Senator. Your ideas threaten our prosperity. The human problem cannot be solved by simply throwing money at it.
- Everything in the human culture takes place below the waist.
- Is there a soul in there?
- Take your stinking hands off me, you damn dirty human!!
- Note: This is a reference to a similar popular quote form the 1968 movie with the same name.
- The Senator's daughter flirts with blasphemy.
- These humans are different. They travel with apes.
- It's disgusting the way they treat humans.
- Apes! Monkeys are further down the evolutionary ladder...just above humans.
- The cost would be prohibitive...although our scientists do tell me these humans carry terrible diseases.
- The government tried that once, and all we got for it was a welfare state that nearly bankrupted us.
- Next you'll be telling us these beasts have a soul.
- Well, the other thing I've learned is that when you deal with a studio and it's their asset... it's their asset. And I should have learned that lesson with Planet of the Apes because I had a great... great idea with Planet of the Apes, but it was Fox's asset. Even though I was supposedly developing it we didn't see eye to eye and they sort of picked up their marbles and that was that. They turned out, I think, possibly the most egregious film that they could have on that subject because they miscast the director. It's the only Tim Burton film that I don't like.