Play Misty for Me
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Play Misty for Me is a 1971 film about a brief fling between a male disc jockey and an obsessed female fan that takes a frightening, and perhaps even deadly turn when another woman enters the picture.
The scream you hear may be your own! (taglines)
- You haven't got the faintest idea of what love is, we don't even know each other.
- [menacing Tobie with a pair of scissors] I hope Dave likes what he sees when he gets here. Because that's what he's taking to Hell with him!
- Evelyn Draper: Why didn't you take my call?
- Dave Garver: Where does it say that I gotta drop what I'm doing and answer the phone every time it rings?
- Evelyn Draper: Do you know your nostrils flare out into little wings when you're mad? It's kinda cute.
- Dave Garver: Hello?
- Sgt. McCallum: Garver!
- Dave Garver: Yeah.
- Sgt. McCallum: Sgt McCallum. Sorry to wake you but something has come up.
- Dave Garver: Yeah I know, she just paid me a visit with a butcher knife.
- Sgt. McCallum: Why? Because she was released on parole pending further legal action.
- Dave Garver: When?
- Sgt. McCallum: A week ago.
- Dave Garver: Well I sure like the way you broke your ass to let me know about it!
- Sgt. McCallum: I just found out about it myself.
- Dave Garver: Who's in charge down there anyway?
- Sgt. McCallum: Now look you wanna help find her or would you rather just sit there and belly-ache?
- Dave Garver: All right.
- Sgt. McCallum: Now exactly what did she say to you?
- Dave Garver: I told you, she said that she was well and that she was going to Hawaii.
- Sgt. McCallum: Uh what else?
- Dave Garver: I already told you.
- Sgt. McCallum: Well tell me again.
- Dave Garver: You know Sergeant, you really make lousy conversation!
- Sgt. McCallum: You make lousy coffee!
- Evelyn Draper: I should've known you'd never do anything to spoil it.
- Dave Garver: To spoil what?
- Evelyn Draper: What we have between us.
- Dave Garver: We don't have a goddam thing between us.
- Evelyn Draper: Don't you like me?
- Dave Garver: You're a nice girl.
- Evelyn Draper: But who needs nice girls?
- Dave Garver: I'm kind of hung up on one.
- Evelyn Draper: And you don't want to complicate your life.
- Dave Garver: That's exactly right.
- Evelyn Draper: Well neither do I, but that's no reason we shouldn't sleep together tonight if we feel like it.
- Dave Garver: There's a little spot in the middle of each day about your size.
- Tobie Williams: Well there's lots of girls about my size if you're really looking.
- Dave Garver: I'm not, that's what I'm trying to tell you.
- Tobie Williams: You mean you've given up girls?
- Dave Garver: Well I haven't exactly been the monk of the month or anything like that but I have been making an effort.
- Evelyn Draper: It was funny, I was calling you from that phone booth over there and he was telling me you'd left and I was staring at your car - isn't that funny.
- Dave Garver: Kind of funny.
- The scream you hear may be your own!
- An invitation to terror
- Clint Eastwood - Dave Garver
- Jessica Walter - Evelyn Draper
- Donna Mills - Tobie Williams
- John Larch - Sgt. McCallum
- Jack Ging - Frank
- Irene Hervey - Madge
- James McEachin - Al Monte
- Clarice Taylor - Birdie
- Don Siegel - Murphy