Portrait of the Artist as a Young Bunny
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Bunny is a Warner Bros. cartoon starring Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd, with cameo appearances by Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner. The cartoon was part of the television special Bugs Bunny's Bustin' Out All Over, which aired May 21, 1980.
- No more classes, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks! Yahoo! Free summer vacation! Yahoo! Ya-Ya-Yahoo! Hey! Just an apple polishing minute! What is all this? Why, I haven't been in school, since I was a little bitty bunny...[hits a tree]
- [as the scene changes back to the present day, where Bugs Bunny is laying next to a tree.] I'm glad I'm not young anymore, but, ya know, I bet Elmer and I were the youngest people who ever start chasing each other. [notices the little Wile E Coyote chasing the unhatched Road Runner] I could be wrong, ya know!
- Young Elmer: [Comes up with his rifle] Aha! At wast! I'm gonna shoot you, you vicious fowest cweature!
- Young Bugs: Look Doc, you got it all wrong. That's my line.
- [Takes his rifle and turns it on him]
- Young Bugs: It's I'm gonna shoot you, you vicious forest Elmer!
- Young Elmer: [Take his rifle back] Oh no, that's my wine!
- Young Bugs: Your what?
- Young Elmer: My wine! Wine! That's my wine!
- Young Bugs: Aha! Offering me wine? You oughta be ashamed!
- [Turns and skips away, taunt-singing]
- Young Bugs: I'm gonna tell the authorities. I'm gonna tell the authorities. I'm gonna tell the authorities.
- Young Elmer: [Cut back to him] The authowities? Oh no! I'll go to reform school!
- [Then aims his rifle in the direction Bugs went]
- Young Elmer: Well, he can't repowt me to the authowities if he kicks the bucket first!
- Young Bugs: [Sneaks up, puts a metal bucket over Elmer's head, then kicks it to make it vibrate] Anything you say, Doc. Anything to oblige.