Prehistoric Women (1967 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed and written by Michael Carreras.
Behold a savage world where men are slaves to desire... and women are their demanding masters! (taglines)
- [to David] I did not save you for others, strange one. You're mine. Mine alone. Think on this.
- You see! Already you want to impose your will. You want to dominate me. I'd be a fool to let any man do that again.
- My body hungers. Bring food and drink to my chambers.
- Blonde Slave Girl #1: We are not beasts of the field. We are women!
- David: What is it?
- Jakara: It is the sign of the sacred white rhino. It guards the entry to the land of the Pu'naka. Wait, walla!
- David: Well, we haven't gone this far to be turned back by a primitive tree carving!
- Jakara: But, here, the devils of darkness are all about us!
- David: The devils of what?
- Jakara: The spirits of the past - that protect their holy shrine, from the desecration of the lure of the ice.
- Warrior: You are on the hallowed hunting grounds of the Pu'naka. No hunting is allowed here!
- David: I only came to end the suffering of this wounded beast.
- Warrior: Your presence has disturbed the spirit of the white rhinoceros!
- David: Are there no men here to help you?
- Saria: But you said you had come to help us.
- David: But your men? Where are they?
- Saria: They are no longer - men.
- Kari: Let the dancing continue.
- Amyak: Permit me, my Queen, to speak.
- Kari: Speak, slave.
- Amyak: The women are tired. And when the heart is heavy the feet are not light. Let there be no more dancing.
- Kari: You heard my command. Dance!
- Amyak: Poor Saria, she's too young to have suffered so.
- Blonde Slave Girl #2: Then let this be your lesson. Many more of us will have to suffer, if you persist in this senseless search for freedom. There is no escape!
- Kari: Why do you hesitate?
- David: It will take me a little time to...
- Kari: You must learn that each command must be obeyed at once. - - Come.
- Kari: You refuse me?
- David: What else can you expect? Your heartless cruelty is sickening!
- Kari: You'd have me otherwise?
- David: What makes you so cruel?
- Kari: Cruelty has made me cruel.
- Kari: I was once their slave. Before the devils came, we dark ones were in bondage to the fair ones. You would have pitied me then. A meek, cringing creature. You would have pitied me; but, you would not have wanted me.
- David: I don't want you now!
- Kari: Has the woman always been subservient to a man to be wanted?
- David: No.
- Kari: Do you suggest we should be equal?
- David: Yes.
- Kari: Then I will be your equality. Share my throne and my kingdom with you.
- Kari: You will want me - and on my terms!
- David: Never!
- Kari: I am Queen here - I will not be denied!
- David: You will never rule me.
- Kari: Then like the others, you will become my slave.
- Saria: No! I release you from your promise.
- Kari: What promise?
- David: There is no promise.
- Kari: He has fulfilled your desires only because I made him promise that he would.
- Beaten into submission ... turned into slaves ... man at the mercy of a Kingdom of Prehistoric Women!
- Savage Struggle! Primitive Passions! Deadly Jealousy!
- Behold a savage world where men are slaves to desire... and women are their demanding masters!
- Martine Beswick — Queen Kari
- Michael Latimer — David Marchent
- Carol White — Gido
- Steven Berkoff — John
- Edina Ronay — Saria/Sarah
- Stephanie Randall — Amyak
- Alexandra Stevenson — Luri
- Yvonne Horner — First Amazon
- Sydney Bromley — Ullo
- Frank Hayden — Arja
- Robert Raglan — Colonel Hammond
- Mary Hignett — Mrs. Hammond
- Louis Mahoney — Head Boy
- Bari Jonson — High Priest
- Danny Daniels — Jakara