Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (Henry Charles Albert David Mountbatten-Windsor; born September 15, 1984) is the younger son of King Charles III and his first wife, Diana, Princess of Wales. He is fifth in the line of succession to the British Throne and the thrones of the other Commonwealth Realms, behind his elder brother, William, Prince of Wales, his nephews and niece, Prince William's sons and daughter. He is a grandson of Queen Elizabeth II. In May 2018, he married Meghan Markle, with whom he has two children, a son named Archie and a daughter Lilibet.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.
- There is no way I am going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country.
- Where I can see myself is doing as much as I can in the position that I've got.
- I'm not going to be some person in the Royal Family who just finds a lame excuse to go abroad and do all sorts of sunny holidays and whatever.
- I mean, I'll do the best I can.
- Speaking about his view of his royal role, in the near future (September 2005).
- I wouldn’t use the word ‘quitting.’ It was a case of, ‘I very much feel like, if I’m going to cause this much chaos to a lot of people,’ then maybe I should bow out, and not just for my own sake, for everyone else’s sake.
- Regarding his interrupted, first deployment to Afghanistan, cited in Robert Jobson Harry’s War: The True Story of the Soldier Prince. London: John Blake (2008). Kindle ed.
- I'm not the important one. It doesn't matter what I do.
- Referring to his position as 'the spare' behind elder brother William. Cited by Ingrid Seward William and Harry. London: Arcade (2003).
- My penis was oscillating between extremely sensitive and borderline traumatized. The last place I wanted to be was Frostnipistan. I’d been trying some home remedies, including one recommended by a friend. She’d urged me to apply Elizabeth Arden cream. 'My mum used that on her lips. You want me to put that on my todger?' "It works, Harry. Trust me." I found a tube, and the minute I opened it the smell transported me through time. I felt as if my mother was right there in the room. Then I took a smidge and applied it...down there.
- [From paragraph 191] I fully accept and agree with the fact that journalists and the media own the public square, in as much as, if you are in a position of responsibility and or are funded by the taxpayer, the media should have the power to be able to investigate anyone, anytime, for pretty much anything. The problem is that, over the last 15 to 20 years, there are now incredibly powerful media companies who masquerade as journalists and who have, quite literally, hijacked journalistic privileges for their own personal gain and agenda, It’s an unbelievably dangerous place.
- [From paragraph 191] They claim to hold public figures to account, but refuse to hold themselves accountable. If they're supposedly policing society, who on earth is policing them, when even the government Is scared of alienating them because position is power. It is incredibly worrying for the entire UK.
- [From paragraph 193] Because they have showed no willingness to change, I feel that I need to make sure that this unlawful behaviour is exposed, because obviously I don't want anybody else going through the same thing that I've been going through on a personal level. But also, on a national level as, at the moment, our country is judged globally by the state of our press and our government – both of which I believe are at rock bottom. Democracy fails when your press fails to scrutinise and hold the government accountable, and instead choose to get into bed with them so they can ensure the status quo.
- [From paragraph 194] Unfortunately, as a consequence of me bringing my Mirror Group claim, both myself and my wife have been subjected to a barrage of horrific personal attacks and intimidation from Piers Morgan, who was the Editor of the Daily Mirror between 1995 and 2004, presumably in retaliation and in the hope that I will back down, before being able to hold him properly accountable for his unlawful activity towards both me and my mother during his editorship.
- Extracts from his witness statement to the High Court in his legal case against MGN Limited, as reproduced in "Full text: Prince Harry’s tabloid hacking witness statement", The Spectator (6 June 2023)