Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland
Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Madeleine Thérèse Amelie Josephine; born 10 June 1982), is the youngest child and second daughter of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden. Upon her birth, she was third in line of succession to the Swedish throne. After the birth of her niece, Princess Estelle, in February 2012, she became fourth in line of succession.
- It started as a friendship that grew into something more.
- We decided to turn off all cell phones and computers.
- It’s a thing we have in the family. We have a very different sound for us, and Chris jokes about it with me; the hilarious thing was that we saw the video without reacting to it.
- For me it was also very special. It was so beautiful with all the children singing. I thought I would be nervous, but I was surprisingly calm. Think it will be like when you know what you want in life, then it is quiet.
- A honeymoon is such a special time in life when you just want to be alone. It is in this little bubble of emotion and joy and happiness over the wedding. To then be chased [actually, let’s be honest here, they were stalked] by someone who breaks the bubble made us very sad.
- Until now, there has been a lot of missions for the Swedish Chamber of Commerce, which I think is doing a great job. I try to be with them if they have the event or larger events. And, of course if it’s official missions I try to participate when I can.
- It was so much fun the other day. Dad took out all of our old toys that he found in the old barn. Now Estelle is playing with the old stuff and she loves it.
- Everything happens for a reason. I really believe it. Just then I needed change and I needed to get away from Sweden for a while. I must say that I am grateful that it happened, because otherwise, had I not [moved to New York City] I would have not been married to this amazing man.