Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- My talents are not those of Kan Pao, elegant explorer of the records of the Gods; I am rather animated by the spirit of Su Tung-P'o, who loved to hear men speak of the supernatural. I get people to commit what they tell me to writing, and subsequently I dress it up in the form of a story; thus in the lapse of time my friends from all quarters have supplied me with quantities of material, which, from my habit of collecting, has grown into a vast pile.
- How foolish men are, to see nothing but beauty in what is clearly evil! [...] Heaven's Way has its inexorable justice, but some mortals remain foolish and never see the light!
Quotes about Pu Songling
- One striking difference between many of Pu Song-ling's literary ghost stories and their Western counterparts is the frequent undercurrent of whimsy and humor, found precisely in the conjunction of the ordinary and the supernatural, the domestic and demonic.
- Stephen Owen, An Anthology of Chinese Literature: Beginnings to 1911 (1996), p. 1103
- Encyclopedic article on Pu Songling at Wikipedia