Rachel Weisz (/ˈvaɪs/; born 7 March 1970) is an English film and theatre actress and former fashion model. Weisz began her acting career at Trinity Hall, Cambridge in the early 1990s, then started working in television, appearing in Inspector Morse, the British mini-series Scarlet and Black, and the television film Advocates II. She made her film debut in the film Death Machine (1994), but her breakthrough role came in the film Chain Reaction (1996), leading to a high-profile role as Evelyn Carnahan-O'Connell in the films The Mummy (1999) and The Mummy Returns (2001).
- As a child in North London it never crossed my mind that I would ever play the Wicked Witch of the East.
- I was kind of a tomboy climbing trees so it never crossed my mind, no.
- Note: Rachel said when asked if the role had been a childhood fantasy of hers.
- Source: hellomagazine.com
- I think the only way you can successfully be a mum and an actress is by not carrying around the burden of the character. Between the time the director says "Action" and "Cut," it's all true for me. But when I stop saying the lines, it's not true anymore.