Racing Stripes is a 2005 adventure/comedy movie, directed by Frederik Du Chau. It is similar in the style to the 1995 movie Babe, in that the protagonist is a talking animal who lives on a farm and succeeds at an activity not expected of his species. The movie was filmed in Pietermaritzburg and Nottingham Road, South Africa.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [trailer only] If that's a racehorse, then I am D-O double-G, baby.
- Well, like my momma used to say, "You can put your boots in the oven, but that won't make 'em biscuits."
- Well, well, well, look what the cat drugged in. (Chuckles)
- Finally, some peace and quiet. Y'all go ahead. Bye-bye, now. I'll just stay here and watch the palace for shizzle. Woof.
- [to Franny] And you, Miss Softy, you just let him go, didn't you? [turns to Goose] Goose, time to earn your keep.
- You know what I used to tell all my racers? "Don't look back, leave it all on the track."
- Come on, Sandy.
- Well, subdivide me and Kentucky fry me!
- This is Reggie Red Rooster with the farm report! In sports news, Goose the pelican dropped the motorcycle in the first round, then for good measure, taught the truck a lesson as well.
- [About Goose] Gentlemen, don't let the feathers fool ya, this dude's dangerous. He's a killin' machine disguised as an idiot.
- [Flying over the Walsh farm] Would ya get a load 'a this dump?! Even old McDonald would'nt want this farm.
- [As he is attacking the motorcycle] Okasaka! Slap-a-face-a! Break-a-bones-a! Ha, he, ha, he, he, he, ha, he, ha, ha, ha, he!
- Sir Trenton: (referring to Stripes and Sandy) Well, well, well. What have we here? [chuckles] Beauty and the beast.
- Ruffshodd: Hey, plow-boy! You missed a spot.
- What is that dreadful child up to now?
- [to Channing] This is a racetrack, dear, not the Sergentei.
- Now you give it all you got.
- Franny: Question time. What exactly are you?
- Young Stripes: I don't know.
- Tucker: Okay, we can rule out genius. [Franny kicks him] Hey!
- Franny: Don't make me chew open a can of pony whup.
- Tucker: Save the sweet talk for later.
(Stripes starts giggling)
- Franny: (to Stripes) Don't pay any attention to him. Listen, he's all whinny and no-bite. I'm Franny, this is Reggie, and Mr. Sensitive here is Tucker.
- Tucker: And that old goat there is an old goat. [The door opens] Uh-oh, it's the Chief.
(Stripes is running)
- Tucker: Hey, hey, slow down! Boy, oh, boy. Kids these days, no control. Now back in my day-
- Franny: Oh, here we go again with the ancient history lesson. Enough!
- Franny: Well, would you look at him. He loves to run. It's in his heart!
- Tucker: Yeah, but that's not enough.
- Franny: You could train him. Then it would be enough.
- Tucker: Let me tell you something. the legs are too short, the head's too big, he's got as much chance to race as me. Besides, I have got better things to do.
- Franny: Oh, go fix your hair.
- Tucker: I heard that.
- Sandy: Um, did you ever consider going around that tree instead of running through it?
- Stripes: Yeah, well.... usually it moves out of my way.
- Sandy: [laughs] Uh, I’ve never heard of a tree doing that.
- Stripes: You don’t know the trees around here. Are you new?
- Sandy: I just got here. I’m Sandy.
- Stripes: I’m Stripes.
- Sandy: [sounding amused] You don’t say? Hmm.
- Stripes: Are you a racehorse?
- Sandy: No, I'm-- I'm a jumper. I've actually competed all around the world.
- Stripes: Well, I'm a racehorse. I'm training to be in the big race.
- Sandy: By racing the mailman?
- Stripes: Well, the other horses don't wanna race me. I'm just way too fast for them.
- Tucker: Hey, buddy. You ever try shutting up?
- Goose: You ever try swimmin’ in cement horseshoes? I’ve taken down punks bigger than you.
- Tucker: Yeah? What’d you do, talk ‘em to death?
- Goose: Hey, be careful, pony-boy, or someday somebody's gonna wake up with your head in their bed.
- Tucker: I shoulda guessed from the size of that pecker you'd be a big-mouth.
- Goose: Watch it, stumpy. I'd cut you off at the knees but it looks like somebody's beaten me to it.
- Franny: All right. Knock it off, you two. Nobody has anything to prove here. Stop it!
- Sir Trenton: They cannot be serious. This will not stand. I will not allow that beast to run in my competition.
- Pride: Please, Father, don’t interfere. I can win it fair and square.
- Sir Trenton: [scoffs] That’s not a risk I’m willing to take!
(Stripes goes to the creek to make amends with Sandy, until Franny walks by)
- Franny: Hello? Where you think you're going? You have a big day tomorrow. You can't go.
- Stripes: I need to make things right with Sandy.
- Franny: Hmm. All right. I understand. But listen, a little advice from an old goat. Relationships are like racing. When you do it for love, you’ve already won. Go on, go on.
- Franny: There's Sandy.
- Tucker: Yeah, and there's Sir Trenton, all fifteen hundred pounds of him. We'll never get her out of there.
- Franny: Oh, yes we will. We just need a diversion.
- Goose: I got your diversion right here. [flies off] Out of my way.
- Franny: Goose, stick with the plan!
- Scuzz: Yeah, you know, I saw you and I was about to say to my brother Buzz: "I never seen a black horse with white stripes."
- Buzz: You dimwit! He is obviously a white horse with black stripes. Now, anybody could see that.
- Scuzz: Filly? I didn't know she was from Philly. You know, I really like those Philly Cheese Steaks. Actually, I like any kind of cheese. Actually, I like any kind of food from anywhere. Especially candy and poop. What were we talking about again?
- Buzz: I hate my life.
(Channing walks to the Nolan's pickup truck, but Goose destroys the tire)
- Channing: Oh, that's just great.
- Nolan: Oh, come on. [drops motorcycle]
- Channing: [about the flat tire on the truck] How long will it take to put on the spare?
- Nolan: Honey, that, that is the spare.
(Channing sighs, Nolan notices that the rim is missing)
- Nolan: What the--?
- Goose: Name's Goose.
- Tucker: Oh, a pelican named Goose, well my name's Duck.
- Goose: Duck?
- Tucker: Duck.
- Goose: Duck!?
- Tucker: Goose!
- His stripes made him an outcast. His heart made him a hero.
- Cheer till you're Horse!
- Hayden Panettiere as Channing "Chan" Walsh
- Bruce Greenwood as Nolan "The Chief" Walsh
- Wendie Malick as Clara Dalrymple
- Gary Bullock as John Cooper
- M. Emmet Walsh as Sheriff Woodzie
- Frankie Muniz as Stripes the Zebra
- Mandy Moore as Sandy the white Horse
- Dustin Hoffman as Tucker the Shetland Pony
- Whoopi Goldberg as Franny the Goat
- Fred Thompson as Sir Trenton
- Steve Harvey as Buzz the blue-eyed fly
- David Spade as Scuzz the red-eyed fly
- Joshua Jackson as Trenton's Pride
- Michael Clarke Duncan as Clydesdale
- Jeff Foxworthy as Reggie the Rooster
- Joe Pantoliano as Goose the Pelican
- Snoop Dogg as Lightning the Bloodhound
- Michael Rosenbaum as Ruffshodd