Recess (TV series)
Recess is a Disney Channel animated series that aired for six seasons on the ABC network between 1997 and 2001, and spawned one theatrical film (Recess: School's Out, 2001) and two direct-to-video sequels (Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade and Recess: All Growed Down, both released in 2003).
- 1 Season One
- 1.1 The Break In [1.1]
- 1.2 The New Kid [1.2]
- 1.3 The Great Jungle Gym Standoff [1.4]
- 1.4 First Name Ashley [1.5]
- 1.5 To Finster With Love [1.6]
- 1.6 King Gus [1.7]
- 1.7 Big Brother Chad [1.8]
- 1.8 I Will Kick No More Forever [1.11]
- 1.9 The Trial [1.16]
- 1.10 Teachers Lounge [1.17]
- 1.11 Randall's Reform [1.18]
- 1.12 Jinxed [1.22]
- 1.13 The Experiment [1.23]
- 1.14 Officer Mikey [1.24]
- 2 Season Two
- 3 External links
The Break In [1.1]
- TJ: Can't you see that I'm trapped in here? I've counted the ceiling tiles 13 times, guys. There's 1,678. You hear me? 1,678!
- King Bob: [Talking about T.J.] Kids of the playground. The dumb kid should be free!
- Gretchen: Look shiny metal! Do you like the shiny metal? If you help us we'll give you the shiny metal. What you say kindergartners?
- A kindergartner: Lets eat 'em!
- Vince: Bob's king of the playground. If he helps the other kids will follow.
- Spinelli: He better help or he's gonna meet my good friend Madam Fist!
- Kid next to King Bob: My mom called me some dumb kid this morning.
The New Kid [1.2]
- Mikey: There are lots of people without names.
- Gus: Like who?
- Mikey: Like the Artist Formerly Known as Prince, the Unknown Soldier, and the other four guys in the Jackson Five.
- Gus: I've been to 12 schools in the last 6 years, I never met anyone so friendly, it's so - so beautiful!
The Great Jungle Gym Standoff [1.4]
- Spinelli: The last one to Ol' Rusty has to give Ms. Finster a sponge bath!
- Randall: Hey! That's my job!
First Name Ashley [1.5]
- Spinelli: What's the matter? You got crayons in your ears? Get to the end of the line Randall before I give you the end of my fist!
- T.J.: We're all Ashley's, too.
- Ashley A: But, you aren't even girls!
- Gus: Hey, it's the nineties.
- Ashley A: By junior high we may be dating some guys named Paul or ... or Joe!
To Finster With Love [1.6]
- Finster: [reading out grades] A... A... A... Ah, Randall, my trusted sidekick... A plus! A... A... A...
- Finster: F... F... F... Ah, Randall, my trusted sidekick... D minus. F... F... F...
:Hank the Janitor: Do you hear music?
- Finster: Whenever I look at you.
- T.J.: Hey, Ms. Finster?
- Finster: Yes, Detwiler?
- T.J.: ...Are those your shoes, or did you mug a clown on the way to school?
- Finster: Why, you little HOOLIGAN! [Runs after T.J.]
- T.J.: She's back!
King Gus [1.7]
- Gus: [singing] Gus, Gus, O Mighty Gus, king of all the playground, Gus, Gus, O Shiny Gus, we're glad such a great king we found.
- Mikey: Madness! Madness!
Big Brother Chad [1.8]
- Kindergartener: Vince. We give up to you our two front teeth. Worth 50 cents street value.
- Gretchen: Take it from someone who knows. Your brother is definitely a geek.
- Chad: Hey Vince! Check it out, I just beat myself at three-dimensional chess.
- King Bob: He's nothing but a nerd! I'm so depressed!
- Vince: Ooh, I'm quivering in my high-tops!
I Will Kick No More Forever [1.11]
- Vince: [watching an old video of himself] Man, did you see that kick??? That was in my prime!
- Gretchen: Vince, that was 2 weeks ago.
The Trial [1.16]
- King Bob: (to Randall) You threw a dirt clod during a time out? She was right, you are a worm.
- Ashley A: No, no, wait. I say we give her a swirlie. (Spinelli's eyes flush)
Teachers Lounge [1.17]
- Principal Prickly: [telling a joke] So then I say to the superintendent, "That's no kindergartener, that's my wife!"
Randall's Reform [1.18]
- T.J.: [reading] I did it. Signed, TJ?
- Finster: AHA, a confession!!
- Finster: The criminal always returns to the scene of the crime.
- T.J.: But Miss Finster, you dragged me here!
- Gretchen: The kids' unwritten code of honor is what makes us different from adults, different from animals. What would we be without it?
- Gus: Adult animals?
- Spinelli: Nothing, that's what!
- Spinelli: Hey! One of you drop five bucks?
- Ashleys: Oooo...
- Ashleys & T.J.'s Gang (together): Scandalous!
- T.J.'s Gang: Jinx!
- Gus:Its My Harmonica!
- Ashleys:Your What?
- Gus:Its My
- Gus And Ashleys:Harmonica!
The Experiment [1.23]
- Butch: The future... is girls! Boys kissing girls! Girls kissing boys! And you know what else?! WE'RE ALL GONNA LIKE IT! (laughs diabolically)
- Spinelli: Boys kissing girls? Girls kissing boys?
- Gretchen: Surely, there must be some mistake. I mean, this defies the rules of nature and physics. Besides that, it's disgusting!
- T.J.: But Butch says it's the future. His brother Joey told him.
- Spinelli: Oh, please! The day I stop caring about dodgeball is the day the Earth starts spinning around the sun.
- Gretchen: Which explains the D minus you got in Science.
(After Spinelli and TJ kiss)
- Spinelli: Ack! Puke city!
- T.J.: Quick, someone get me some mouthwash!
- T.J.: You realize we may have to get married after this.
- Spinelli: You realize I may have to kill you after this.
Officer Mikey [1.24]
(looking for Ashley A's little sister, Britney)
- Spinelli: We seek a formal sit-down by she who goes by the name Britney. (four Kindergartners come forward) Er... Britney A.
The Hypnotist [2.2]
- [Prickly, hypnotized into thinking he's 6 years old, runs wild through the playground, and pulls Spinelli's hat down over her eyes]
- Spinelli: ...Did he just do what I think he did?
- T.J.: Yup.
- Spinelli: [Tries to run after Prickley, but gets grabbed by Mikey] LET ME AT 'IM! LET ME AT 'IM!
Mama's Girl [2.3]
- Gus: Uh, sorry, guys. I guess this wasn't the best time for me to practice my cursive.
The Challenge [2.5]
- Principal Prickly: [shouting] Not only is my reputation as an educator on the line but also my reputation as a man! So get out there and win, I tell you, win! (Kids stare at him) Oh, and have fun.
Wild Child [2.6]
- Gretchen: Repeat after me. The rain...
- Kindergartener: The wain...
- Gretchen: In Spain...
- Kindergartener: In Pain...
- Gretchen: Falls mainly in the moist temperate zone northwest of the Pyranees mountains.
- Kindergartener: Bloobidy bloo bloo bloo!
The Girl Was Trouble [2.9]
- Gretchen: Menlo sang like an old guy in the shower when no one was home.
- Gretchen: [To the Graffiti Kid] Nice work you're a regular Degas.
- Graffiti Kid: Wha'd you call me?
Hustler's Apprentice [4.37a]
- Hustler Kid: What are ya doin tomorrow mornin?
- Gus: Uh... Eating a well-balanced breakfast.
- Hustler: Cancel the flap-jacks buddy we got bigger fish to fry.