Red Rock West
Red Rock West is a 1993 neo-noir film about a man whose promised job in Wyoming fails to materialize and he is mistaken for a hitman hired to kill an unfaithful wife. He takes full advantage of the situation, collects the money and runs. During his getaway, things go wrong, and soon get worse when he runs into the real hitman.
- Suzanne... why you're as pretty as the Everglades. You're pretty near good enough to eat!
- Don't piss on the seat, even if they did. It's bad luck.
- Lyle: [finding Michael laying down in the middle of the road] What the fuck are you doing?
- Michael: My car broke down.
- Lyle: Where? I don't see a car.
- Michael: It's just over that ridge.
- Lyle: 'Just over that ridge', huh? Well you're one lucky son of a bitch, aren't you? If I hadn't had my brakes just done, I'd be picking your brains out of my radiator. Fuck.
- Michael: Look, I hate to ask you this, but do you think you could give me a ride?
- Lyle: I don't know. You're not dangerous, are you?
- Lyle: I nearly greased your can back there. The least I can do is buy you a beer.
- Michael: Thanks but I should get my car, you've done enough already.
- Lyle: Now I said I'd help you get your car.
- Michael: Really, it's okay.
- Lyle: You don't wanna drink with me? I'm not good enough to buy you a beer?
- Suzanne: Have you ever been married?
- Michael: No.
- Suzanne: It does strange things to people.
- Truck Driver: [points gun at Michael's head] Does that tickle? 'Cause it won't if I pull the trigger! What the hell are you doing on my truck?
- Michael: Sorry boss, I didn't mean to scare 'ya.
- Truck Driver: [Smiles and points the gun closer] Do I look scared to you? What the hell are you doing on my truck?
- Michael: I was just trying to ditch my old lady.
- Truck Driver: You were WHAT?
- Michael: Yeah, she caught me in the barn, and I wasn't supposed to be there, and she started sproutin' horns and shit.
- Truck Driver: Bullshit. Bullshit. [cocks gun and smiles] Look at that uncontrolled response to bullshit. I hate it when that happens!
- Michael: Yeah, I don't like it either, but I had to get the hell out of there.
- Truck Driver: So you just climbed up on my truck?
- Michael: Yeah.
- Truck Driver: That's kind of stupid, isn't it?
- Michael: Yeah, well, you haven't met my wife. She's spooky.
- Truck Driver: Yeah? Yeah? You're lying to me. Get off my truck. Come on, get off. [truck driver goes back inside his vehicle and offers Michael a lift]
- Michael: [Michael climbs off the truck] Oh, man.
- Lyle: I knew a guy like you once. Thought he was better than everybody else. That's it ain't it Mike? You think you're better than me, don't you?
- Michael: Why don't you just blow me?
- Lyle: Ohhh, you think you're real hot shit don't ya Mike? Huh? Well who's got the gun cowboy?
- Michael: Is there a problem officer?
- Deputy Greytack: Yeah. Looks like we have an attempted homicide on our hands.
- Michael: Homicide? What are you talkin' about, it was an accident.
- Deputy Greytack: [holds up bullets] Well then how do you explain these...?
- Doctor: He's been shot twice in the stomach.
- Lyle: Wayne? She got away. The cowboy was here, they got the jump on me.
- Wayne: Do you know where they went?
- Lyle: Hell, no. How could I? I've been staring at my eyelids for the last hour and a half.
- Where nothing is as it seems.
- All Roads Lead To Intrigue.
- Nicolas Cage - Michael Williams
- Dennis Hopper - Lyle from Dallas
- Lara Flynn Boyle - Suzanne Brown/Ann McCord
- J. T. Walsh - Wayne Brown/Kevin McCord
- Dwight Yoakam - Truck Driver
- Timothy Carhart - Deputy Matt Greytack